PDA

View Full Version : Need a Crystal Pen.

Briar Rose
27-12-2007, 09:38
Has anyone seen those money filled writing pens?

I am in need of one that is filled with Crystals, or one made out of a Crystal.

I need it right away. Thank you.

Lillie
27-12-2007, 10:03
Can you just tape some crystals to a biro?

marigold's
31-12-2007, 20:10
Depending on the types of crystals you're looking for, oddly enough, check your local natural history museums or kid's science stores. They have pencils (I know, not pens) that aren't more than a dollar or two containing various small, tumbled crystals--quartz, agate, rose quartz, etc. The crystals are just in clear little tubes and when you remove the eraser from the top, the crystals spill right out. As far as making a pen with them...many retractable gel pens have space around the ink cartridge where I think the smaller crystals would fit in nicely--just pop off the bottoms, like changing the ink, and pour a few in.

Just out of curiousity, what can a crystal (or crystal filled pen) be used for?

Good luck : )

Briar Rose
01-01-2008, 02:35
Use at work. The family of jahovah witnesses made a stink out of me having a little Amethyst crystal cluster at work. I have a whole thread on that. And since then I have some clear pens and I crushed some crystals and put them inot the oen. Still, a whole pen carved would be nice.

Danica_Nyx
01-01-2008, 03:20
I don't know if this will help at all but this wesite carries just about anythin, and they might have what your lookin for if you do a little digging around.
http://www.ritualmagick.net/index.html

also if you can't find a pen with crystals you could try making the amethyst into a pendent and wear around your neck, under your shirt, so people don't see it, i don't know how big it is though.

you could also keep it asa keychain so you don't loose it and still can keep it with you.

marigold's
01-01-2008, 15:22
Hi Heavensvault,

Sorry, I just read the Amythest post. What mean, awful, ignorant and cruel people to work with. I bet nothing ever feels really safe around them...I wish it were better for you, though.

I'll keep looking for a pen, but, in the meantime, could you wear a bracelet set with amethyst? Or a ring? (you could always turn the stone side palm-ward for discretion and it might just look like a polished band.) I know, it's a stretch, but being attached to you, it would be still harder to make off with, it could be tucked under a sleeve and whatever your hand would pass over, so too would the amethyst. A ring or bracelet, as an extention of you, could carry your intentions in an almost wand-like manner: as you'd pass your hand over something, even as subtly as reaching over something for something else, it could be as inconspicuous, and as potent, as you want in to be. It wouldn't have to be obvious...or it could be, I've seen tennis bracelets made of amethyst that people just pass off as "oh, my favorite color's purple" jewelry, if that makes sense. If the name amethyst raises hackles, could you call it by another name if asked? "A rose by any other name", as it were. With such a wide range of colors in the "A" quality range, amethysts can look quite unlike themselves.

With the holidays just passed, jewelry's a pretty common gift...and were you to take your amethyst cluster home just about the same time the ring or whatever came on the scene, your workmates might be so distracted by it's loss (and having nothing obvious to ruffle your feathers with) that they probably wouldn't notice a discrete ring or bracelet for weeks, if at all.

Briar Rose
02-01-2008, 10:18
Oh Thank you Marigold. I work at a jewelry store. And I also make jewelry, so I wear all kind of healing stone.

Wearing it isn't a problem. They didn't like the fact that I openly admitted what I was using my Amethyst Crystal for. I replied with, I am using it to cleanse the negative energy off my sales book over night.

I wouldn't lie or try to cover up my beliefs. Not even to save my job. It's who I am. I have lots of Crystal books, and I work with my Crystals all the time, and I love them. The JW's might not like me having loose Crystals in our cubby space we keep out books in, but I did tape one inside my book (florite and it is flat!) and I put Crystals in some pens.

I guess in regaurds to them, I wouldn't like them putting their bible in with my things. I guess that would freak me out like the Crystal freaks them out.

I just hope they realise that Crystals are in their watches, and computers, and in medical lasers....etc...

Thank you.

wumpkie
04-01-2008, 06:43
I looked online an I found this link if it would any help? :D

http://www.go-authentic.com/pens/trustone-pens.html

Wumpkie

Briar Rose
04-01-2008, 23:13
Oh my gosh. This is exactly what I was looking for. Except that the pens are $60.00 each. And what if I miss place it at work, or someone takes it? My pen is for customer's signing receipts. Well, I haven't lost my plastic pen filled with gemstones yet, so maybe if I ever have extra cash I can order one of these. I wouldn't mind spending $15. on a pen if you find another web site.
Thank you!!!!!

HearthCricket
05-01-2008, 01:54
Do you have any stores in your area that sell quite a variety of pens? It seems there ought to be something clear or clearish out there that you could open up and put in small chips of stone and really personalize it with your favourites, at a low cost. Just a thought.... Like a stationary store or even one of the Paper Stores?

AJ
05-01-2008, 02:10
Those Tru-Stone pens look like something a jewelry store should carry. Suggest it to your boss. I'm in a jewelry store at least once a month with a client and it has lots of clocks of every kind, a companion up-sales item people didn't know they needed until they came in.
If the boss orders some wholesale ask him to get one of you ;)

wumpkie
05-01-2008, 05:34
Now that sounds like a plan ;)

I am still looking into to seeing if the 'Tru-Stone' pens are any cheaper elsewhere the cheapest I could find were on Ebay http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=tru-stone. Maybe there is a generic brand with the same quality that would be cheaper?

I am deterimed I will find them :D

Briar Rose
05-01-2008, 15:33
Do you have any stores in your area that sell quite a variety of pens? It seems there ought to be something clear or clearish out there that you could open up and put in small chips of stone and really personalize it with your favourites, at a low cost. Just a thought.... Like a stationary store or even one of the Paper Stores?

HC, if you look under the thread about my work problems with the amethyst I did put some chips into a clear pen. I like it, although it just doesn't seem too sophisticated.

AJ, when I had the gallery I ordered awesome pens with our name on them! Now, I work for a chain jewelry store and I just couldn't print their name on a bunch of them. Although I think handing customers them is a great idea.

My Amethyst is with me, at the store every time I am there, in my bag, but not out. And this just sucks.

I am learning that the JW's are selective on their honesty and good behaviour. Very selective. Only when it suits them. The more I hear about little things the more removed they seem from anything we call God.

Mi-Shell
06-01-2008, 04:34
Hi Heavens Vault! Happy Nwe Year to you and everyone here!
Reading this thread several pictures came to my mind:
Iffff you get such an exquisite True Stone pen, attach it to your belt via an equaly exquisite gem studded chain,(made by you) so it hangs down as an adornment when you are not using it....!???
You are a gifted artist!
I know, I have a little necklace of yours, one of our Soapstone Bears is wearing it, to wish you her Strength and Healing Powers.- -
So: can you create / sow for yourself outfits / accessories(SPPPH**) that feature gemstones?
Like a vest, adorned with amethyst - or mixed stone spirals or....? think...!!
And a magnificent gem-studded belt for another day....
...and a scarf featuring gems at the hem and or elsewhere.....
Satin pumps with a tiny rosetta of ....!!!
One of these looooong stringed small - Tarot sized silk or velvet purses, studded with crystals and gemstones -slung acros the chest to rest on the oposite hip, to hold your pesonal calculator, cabinet keys and cel- phone
Start an intenational fashion trend!
Iffff you do, you will get orders.... and then......!!!
Good luck!

HearthCricket
06-01-2008, 05:44
I like Mi-Shell's idea. I have a friend who works at a New Age store and Amethyst is her stone of choice. She wears a variety of Amethyst jewelry; rings, earrings, bracelets, pendants. She also brings it a step further with wearing a lot of pastels and violets and has several crocheted shawls with amethyst crystal beads (real) that fall at the edges. She looks so fey! And always at such peace. She just is the Amethyst!

Briar Rose
06-01-2008, 06:45
Wow, Mi-Shell and HC, you guys brought tears to my eyes.

I love stones. I love the idea of sewing them to clothes. I have tons of the gemstone chips, and I have briolettes for fringe!!

Yes, intention is everything.

I wear all kinds of gemstone jewelry. I showed my collection on a thread about collections.

Perhaps wearing the Inuit Angel from Bear Paw Jewelry (Mi-Shell) is something I can have as protection. I hung it on a long black leather cord. It looks stunning.

I made all these, well, expect the great Inuit. Mi-Shell did that. But I strung all the others.

They can't tell me not to wear this. I would think that these would freak them out more than a little Amethyst cluster.

I strongly appreciate all the support. I am really going to need it because I called Human Resources, and they told me that family members can't work together. Then when I called my ticket # back the next day they said they can as long as once isn't a manager. So looks like the regional is calling my 25 year old boy boss, and this will be his first experience with that sort of situation. And today my heart has been racing on and off so I know somethings are said.

It's okay, I am asking for my fair share (when it's my turn) of customer's.
To work weekends, especially since Sunday's are time and a half
and day shifts, not all slow night shifts.
and full time close to 40 not full time close to 32 (ike they did to me Christmas week).

I am asking for fair, not privilege.

And my Amethyst crystal freaks them out, okay. I played fair and took it away .

And ya'll know how much I *love* jewelry and gemstones!!!! I live and breathe them. gemstones and tarot, that's me.

HearthCricket
06-01-2008, 06:53
Having briolettes will allow you for a lot of creativity! And no, they certainly cannot ask you to take off your clothes or jewelry. Stones flatter, not insult. Especially when you work in a jewelers shop!! I think you could have fun with this by going through all your jewelry and really creating some nice sets that have meaning for you. You can even do a little dedication with them to support you through the day and trials that come up.

When people are nasty towards you, they want to get you going. They find pleasure in it (how sick and sorry is that?) and hope to upset you. Meet their nasty remarks or comments with a smile. Be like a well-waxed car. Let their insults and rudeness be like water drops falling on the wax. They cannot penetrate and wet the car. They only bead up and roll off and you just keep on going. Be the wax. :)

stella01904
06-01-2008, 06:54
If I worked with fundies who made a big stink over an amethyst cluster, I'd get THESE pens:
http://www.witchwaycrafts.co.uk/acatalog/pens.html
Either the cat and pentacle, the witch or the wizard & crystal. Maybe all three.
Maybe something with a devil on it.
Or maybe just one of those nudie pens where the woman sheds her clothes when you turn it upside down.

Briar Rose
06-01-2008, 07:05
Stella!!!!! I love you honeypie!

My dearly beloved black cat Annie who lived for 21 years would love the black cat pen in her honor. I am going to see about ordering a pen like this. Oh, thank you very much for the link to the web site.

::smiling from my head to my feet:: just wonderful.

Edited to add:

I just e-mailed them to see how much shipping would be.

AJ
06-01-2008, 07:23
New mantra thumbtacked to forehead:

Be the Wax
Be the Wax
Be the Wax

:)A person has to Want to be grumpy to stay grumpy at AT ~

Briar Rose
06-01-2008, 07:59
<~~~~~~ be the wax

that made my whole day!

HearthCricket
06-01-2008, 08:23
ROFL....I came up with this on my own when my therapist told me to try an envision something that would block other people's negativity. Then one day it came to me, while we were driving in the rain and the drops were beading off the car. I said "That is it! Be the Wax!" And it has "stuck" for several years, now!