Tarot in your tongue OMG

Alpha-Omega

I was at work today playing around on google and found out that they had an online webiste and text translater! I dont know if this is new or not but Its amazing. So I was sitting at working viewing sites in Greek. an I thought let me see what my webiste looks like in other langauges. Well I did and I thought I was great and i got the idea then to now expand my readings to people who do not know alot of english! SO I added a few links on the page to view it in Greek, Italian, French, Russian, Spanish plus I added a page called "Tarot in your tongue" to let people know I can translate my readings for them!! this is amazing... If you all want check out the site and view it in one of languages if you can read them. Hopeful the computer makes can translate well.

http://mytarotadvisor.com/

dandelion

Hi Alpha-Omega! I really like your idea of making tarot readings available in other languages. However, I thought I would add that while I haven't tried this approach specifically with tarot, I do write three blogs, and I have found that the Google translation tool is *mediocre*.

What I love about the Google translation tool is that it's a quick, easy reference for me when I'm trying to remember a word or two in another language. However, when I look at translations of my websites, I've found that there are many words which do not translate, or do not translate correctly.

A simple example of this is the word "spring." When I wrote about a local spring (a small, trickling waterway), it translates through Google to the word for "Spring" (a season of the year).

Now, it's no big deal to me for my articles... I'm sure the readers can get the essence of my writing (plus pictures help as well). But I encourage you to be careful with tarot readings... a misinterpreted word here and there might drastically change your intended reading! ;) Google translator does not appear strong with contextual translation.

Hopefully others here at AT have more experience with translating their readings into other languages. I'd certainly love to hear more on the subject! :D

Best,
-d