Medical Readings

MoonLitCrystal

I decided to do my own spin-off on that one thread about the pregnant girlfirend. I think this should be interesting.

On the subject of reading for medical reasons, I admit that I was surprised to read that so many people are so much against it. Would I ever give a friend, family member, or stranger medical advice solely based on the Tarot? Definitely not. If it was a good friend or a close family member I may do a reading but only under certain conditions:
1. I had a little background information (which I probably would anyway if I was close to the person)
2. the person understood that the Tarot is by no means a substitute for a doctor (this implies that the person is of sound mind)
3. I would only ask things such as "How can this person help make this situation run more smoothly?" or maybe "What will the doctor suggest at tomorrow's appointment?" In the case of something serious I would never ask about the final outcome, the fatality of the condition, etc.

Now doing medical readings for myself and my spouse is a different animal. I have done readings on my own health problems, and so has my spouse, and we have read for each other. Then again, these situations mostly adhere to the 3 criteria that I mentioned above. I may ask some more personal questions about it, but that's only because I know that I am really prepared to hear the answers. (You know how a friend says that they are prepared but freak out when they hear something bad?)

So what do you all think? I'd like to hear both sides of the issue. Do you get a lot of requests but refuse? Have any of you actually had experiences on reading about medical issues? If so were they good experiences or bad?

mystic mal

Symbology of Illnesses.

I dont like doing readings on medical things but I do look at the symbology of whats wrong on the inner and outer e.g.

Joint problems....Pain coming from a "joint" relationship to do with lack of security.
Knee or foot problems.....Unable to move forward quickly enough in life,.
Shoulder and neck pain....Responsibilies too much to carry, a burden being carried,someone being a "pain in the neck"
Constipation....full of s++t....or someone reflecting this onto you (in any of the conditions)
Migraines,Unexpressed anger...someone "doing your head in"
Eye or ear problems..person unable to see what their problems are or wont listen to whats being told to them,also someone giving you an "ear bashing" over issues.
Think of any saying to do with any part of the body eg.Cant "face" problems.
Got a flaming "cheek"...."Sick" of someone...Someone hating your "guts"
Looking "back" too much (living in the past) Is someone being a "pain in the butt?" (haemarhoids) and so on and so on,

Grizabella

That's very interesting, mystic mal. I like that way of doing things. I hadn't really thought of it.

MoonLitCrystal

I agree! Very interesting indeed. So I guess since my tooth is infected and it's puffing one side of my face all up, I need to turn the other cheek :)

Kahlie

As with all my Readings, there are no hard and fast rules. :heart: I listen to my Guides and the rest of the Supernatural Troupe and then usually act on their advice...

Usually, I do indicate that I do not think Tarot is a very good diagnostic tool to see what is actually wrong on a Physical Level. Sometimes I will feel inside my body where a person has stress or problems, sometimes I will sense serious stuff going on.

I do use Tarot as a clarifying Tool a lot around Health Issues. Aka: "Why is THIS typical health issue there", "How can I deal the best with this health issue", "What can I do myself to help heal this?", "Where should I seek help" etc.

I've done Readings on clarifying health issues before. One was for a diabetic woman who had some questions regarding a holiday, we spoke of some of her emotional pitfalls and how to work around them.
One was for a woman who has afraid she might get into a wheel chair, we discussed options and also saw that this was an irrational fear (she wasn't ill).

I also set up SWWF on this forum, aka Serious Work With the Fae, which was all about using that particular Oracle Deck, and the Fae, for Healing. I've had many positive responses from people who worked in those groups.

:heart:

Kahlie

mystic mal

I had to smile today about the contents of my own thread about the symbology of body parts,I was chatting to my friend on the phone and was aware that I said "Im fed up to the "back teeth" now Ive given up work and guess what? Im off to have my 2 back teeth out on Monday......there you go eh?

MoonLitCrystal

Aw mal, bummer! I wish you luck. I had one of mine pulled last week, so my sympathies are with you :)

Rede Seeker

Health Issues have Appeared in Readings

One of the first readings that I did uncovered a heart condition for someone I work with. I posted the story somewhere in tarotforum.

My youngest brother will have heart valve plus double bypass surgery in January. I read for that situation and saw things working out well.

Trust the cards and your ability to read them. If a health situation needs attention, you'll see it.

As for reading specifically for a health issue, I don't see why that would be different than reading for any other reason.

Splungeman

Health issues may come up in a reading, just read what you see in that case. The problem comes in when someone asks a question like, "Do I have cancer?" Answering question like that opens up a nasty can of worms.