Sakki-Sakki 'pockets'

wytchwood

I've just ordered a Sakki-Sakki 'pocket' from the artist's website to keep the deck in. They look really good, more robust than a bag- does anyone have one like that?

Zoe xx

6 Haunted Days

I was all set to order one when I ordered my Sakki book but wound up being short on cash and just got the book. :( I really want one!!

wytchwood

I am o not god at being a woman- everything in my handbag has to be indestructible or else it gets trashed. I carried my International Icon round for a while in my bag, but the outside cards got dug with keys/ penknife/ lipgloss and they got damp when I left them on the dashboard of the car so I took them out. Then I carried the Maat in a thicker bag, but the corners of the box started peeling so I took that out (I mean it's not like I can afford a spare Maat!)

Well, when I saw those pockets I thought they looked like very robust carrying devices which could withstand a dig from bunches of keys, or if my bag gets sat on, or even damp the PVC outer should withstand a bit more than a thin silky bag would.

I'll let you know what it's like when I get it.

Zoe xx

6 Haunted Days

I hear ya there Zoe! :laugh: I've always had a huuuge bag with tons of crap knocking around in there. Now with a wee one, it's a "mommy bag" too. If I carry decks (which I most often do) they have to be in a seperate compartment or well-protected. This past summer I took my son to the park and didn't notice his apple juice was leaking everywhere, it wrecked the oracle I had in there!

So these pockets looked perfect to me. Btw I am just completely in love with the Sakki :)

wytchwood

Me too... I wasn't all that sure at first, but now I've read with it a bit, I'm smitten.

Zoe xx

wytchwood

The 'pocket' arrived today. It really is good, ideal for my requirements really. It's only clear sheets of plastic with printed paper sandwiched inside with images from the Sakki-Sakki deck. It's sewn together round the edges, and there's a long ribbon stitched onto it to fasten it with. It's very handbag friendly, I would not feel at all worried throwing that thing into any bag! It's got a big side and a smaller side, so you can have the deck in the big side, and the extra cards and LWB in the other side if you wanted. It's an unusual shape with the cards in it as the one side stays flat and long with hardly anything in it, and the part with the cards goes shorter and fatter, and I wonder if the paper inside will show signs of too much folding before long, and some people wouldn't like that it's plastic. I like it, though, it's a lovely little package with the deck inside! I wonder why nobody else makes anything like this? I'd love some for my other decks....
Now where is that sewing machine...?

Zoe xx

splitdog

im so glad you like it!! i want to get one now! haha

Promise

I don't have the pocket or the deck (YET!), but the first time I ever ventured onto the website, I was instantly in love. The pockets are such a great idea! I really don't know why I've never seen a concept like that before. It's so simple, yet so clever and innovative at the same time.

I'm not very ladylike; I spill things, I misplace things, I run into walls/trash cans/heavy metal objects that make me swear like a sailor, but I love to carry a deck with me in my bag. I think that's why I've carried my Gummy Bear for so long, because of the little metal tin it comes in. I don't have to worry about spilling anything on it and ruining my deck.

I'd love to hear how well the pockets hold up. They look fairly sturdy to me, but sometimes pictures do deceive. I am determined to have this deck in the near future, and I'd love to have a matching pocket, but only if they hold up well during daily use.

Essjay

Hi Wytchwood, I'm just reviving this thread to see how your pocket is getting on. I'm thinking of getting one and was wondering if yours has withstood real life over the last few months!