black magic?

patr1c1a

I've always wondered two things about tarot spreads (still quite a newbie here):

1. if I'm doing a general spread about someone's life (with no specific question), is there any card or cards combination that I should "read" as the person being affected by black magic or anything like that?

2. Is there a spread that I can do to ask specifically if someone is being affected by black magic? And if so, which cards should I expect to see if the answer is "yes"?

Thanks.

IndigoWonders

I don't know that there are specific cards that could clue you in to "black magic". Something would have to pop up that is personal in meaning to you. You may have the best luck using a deck like the Vargo Gothic or something similar.

As to a spread I think you'd be best off creating your own. Black magic means different things to different people. If someone feels they are under the influence of something dark, you may want to ask the cards for some insight into the negative energy they are feeling.

I hope this was helpful.

Promise

To echo IndigoWonders, "black magic" is a term that means very different things to different people. I don't know of any specific card that would cue you in to "black magic" affecting someone or a situation, but I am sure that there could be patterns in the cards that might lead you towards that conclusion.

I think the best thing would be to create your own spread specifically tailored to your definition of "black magic", and to better meet your needs. To some people, "black magic" invokes images of witches and hexes and curses and voodoo dolls. Other people view it merely as a negative or dark force acting upon you or others.

You might have the best success tailoring your own spread, or modifying an existing one that you may already use.

Lillie

Yeah, but if you asked it as a direct question, and got the Devil, then I'd take that as a yes.

tryingtoreadtarot

i will comment here although i am not doing any spells anymore because of this worry.....

i did a spell and i am not sure if i did it wrong or what happened, but out of no where i had 3 things bad happen to me in a week....i wound up rushed to the hospital, someone hit my car and now i have to have a tooth pulled.

i asked the cards about if there was some sort of karmic debt i was reaping from the spells and got the devil...so to me that is a freaking yes! so, although what i did was not too harm anyone, it must have been against the persons will bc i am paying.

black magic means different things to different people, but a perfectly non-harmful spell can turn to black magic if it is done against anothers will.....

that make any sense at all?

that being said, i will not touch magic anymore. :(

Lillie

Sometimes the cards are amazingly literal.

tryingtoreadtarot

u got that right!

the funny thing was i kept getting that devil in the reading and had no clue why...well it hit me like a rock!

Promise

"and harm ye none do what ye will"

Karma is a funny critter at times, most definitely.

willowfox

The best way is to ask a basic question about whether the person is the victim of a black attack, and do a simple 3 card spread with no positions or if you want do a few position meanings to help clarify. Then just see what cards pop up, if you are confused then post it on the forum for others to help you.

patr1c1a

thank you so much for your comments.
Well, I tried doing a 3 cards spread, asking if the person I care about is being affected by "black magic" (and by that, meaning some kind of "spell" or someone working with black magic to force his will), and I got The Chariot - Temperance - The Sun (none of them were reversed). So I guess that means there's no black magic at all, right? It even means he's quite happy with his life and succeeding at everything he does, does it?