Looking for more information on some decks

Lina1

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to find out some more information about a few decks of cards that have aroused my interest before I go taking the plunge and buying them. Mainly I'd like to see some images of the cards but am finding it difficult to find any, despite all my searching.

The decks I'm looking at are the 'Animal Messages' oracle deck by Susie Green, the 'Animal Dreaming Oracle Cards' by Scott Alexander King & illustrated by Karen Branchflower, and the 'Wisom of the Four Winds' deck by Barry Brailsford. I'm most interested in the Animal Messages one.

If anyone could offer any websites, personal experiences with the decks or images of the cards it would be very much appreciated. Thankyou! :)

SaintOfScreams

The animnal messages are very vivid in color, have wording at the bottom of the cards, and are drawn- not photographic.

Aulruna

I like the Animal Messages cards are lot - they have beautiful illustrations and "good vibes".

The 52 animals are from various regions of the world (so this is different from packs who stick to animals of a certain tradition, like Celtic/Druid or Native American). The are grouped into 6 different subgroups, depending on the animals element/habitat.

The messages on the cards are not too inspirational and the companion book is rather on the short side, devoting just 4-5 sentences to each animal. It has some nice spreads though. I would recommend a good sourcebook on totems/power animals to really get the most out of this deck.

Little Hare

There is a thread here started by Elven in regards to the animal dreaming cards by scott alexander king... my computer isn't working with the advanced search engine at the moment... so i'll try and find the link later. I love the animal dreaming cards, they are incrediably powerful.

I had susie green's deck and ended up giving it away within a week, there was just something about the artwork i didn't like..

I'll scan some of the cards from Scott's deck so you can have a look... Give me a second

Link to the animal dreaming thread: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=80517

had to link the photos to my photobucket account, here are some scans

Hawk ; http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/quietuspixi/IMG.jpg

Horse and Turtle; http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/quietuspixi/IMG_0002.jpg

Frog and Eagle; http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/quietuspixi/IMG_0001.jpg

Lina1

Hi everyone and thankyou very much for your replies :)

Disa - of course, the first place I searched on was here! :D Thankyou very much for the links, unfortunately I'd already seen them before but I appreciate your taking the time to dig them out for me :)

SaintofScreams, thankyou for sharing that info.

Aulruna, thankyou for your very informative answer. I have a few books on totem animals and it's something that interests me greatly so I've plenty of backup for if and when I make use of that deck! :D Do you have any images of the cards you could share please?

Peace Pixie, thankyou very much for your thoughts and for taking the time to scan some of the cards from the deck, I really appreciate it. You even scanned some of my most favourite animals! :) It looks like a very nice deck but I'll think on it a while longer first.

karen0205

Buraqina,

Hi, Wow, that Animals Dreaming deck is beautiful. I have the Animal Messages deck and it's nice. I like it. Have you seen the Animal Wise Tarot by Ted Andrews? It's now being published with a white border. You can find it on e-bay with the pink borders if you prefer that.

Here is the link to the AT review
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/animal-wise/index.shtml

I like it because it's photos of the animals.

I am going to have to get that Animals Dreaming deck! Very nice!

Karen

Lina1

Hi Karen :)

The Animals Dreaming deck does look very nice indeed. Should you get yourself a copy then be sure to let us all know how you get on with it! ;)

I find myself drawn more towards the Animal Messages deck and think this is the one I'll probably end up going for. I just wish I could find more images of the cards, although I have liked everything I've seen so far :D

I have indeed seen the Animal Wise Tarot many a time, but it's never appealed to me because I really don't like decks that use photography. I've also looked at the Medicine Cards but again, they don't appeal to me because I don't like the images. I'm so shallow! :rolleyes:

Debra

I looked at the Animals Dreaming cards when I was in Australia. They are wonderful images and there is a nice book, but many of the animals are indigenous to Australia, which doesn't do much for those of us living in a different ecosystem. Well, at least I felt I could relate to those animals only insofar as they were part of the landscape of Australia, rather than the landscape here where I live.

I wonder if the best oracle deck for animals might not be photos we take ourselves, or images we draw, of the animals we see around us (for me that would be crows, seagulls, woodpeckers, seals, sea otters, lots of ocean birds, jellies, sea lions, and house cats!).