Do tarot readers/Psychic just read your mind or is the future not planned

kazza

I have been to many tarot readers/Psychic and found very few good ones. I thought I found an excellent tarot reader/Psychic who became a good friend a couple of years she moved overseas and no longer hear from her to question her anymore. Her readings seemed precise she spoke to spirits and picked up on things going on around me and some of things she told me did come true but one of the major things she told me about my relationship with my partner, that we would marry, have another child, maybe work together and we would be happy has just been tossed in the mud. He has left me with no chance of a reconcilation and I am so devasted I based alot on what she told me and really based my life around it now I've lost all my faith in the spiritual industry and now feel that maybe psychics just pick up what on your mind, what you'd like to happen in your life and sometimes some of things they say you can manifest through positive thoughts like "The Secret" says and you think that they were a great reader, unless the future is just not planned or you can change the course of your destiny. I had a dream last night in which I questioned her about my readings and said you told me you were never wrong (which she always said) and she was very upset and told me well that's what she had seened at the time and that was it. Did this dream mean that the future can change. I would really appreciate anyones comments or insight into what they think.

Sinduction

First of all, so sorry to hear this happened to you.

I am one that believes our futures are always changing. Every little decision I make today changes my tomorrow. I also know that nothing in life is static. My partner today may not be my partner tomorrow. He could die, he could leave, etc. Of course, I only came to this after losing the one I thought was The One.

But then the universe got involved and sent me an even better model. This one does what it's supposed to with very little work on my part. ;)

Psychics are a whole other can of worms. It's difficult to define exactly where they get their knowledge. There are so many different ways, visions, auditory, spirit guides. And how exactly can we test their accuracy. Sometimes the messages get jumbled together.

For me, I have prophetic dreams. Half the time I can't tell if it's just a dream or something I have to pay attention to. Or who the people involved are if they don't look like people I know. You know how sometimes you're dreaming and your best friend looks like Antonio Banderas even though in real life they look nothing alike?!

My point is, um... it's 4am and I'm sleepy.... :D

Little Hare

I'm sorry to hear about your sad situation

I don't believe the future is planned we have free will. I've been to alot of psychics and tarot readers and some has been absolute crap, others have gotten half the reading right and others have been 95% accurate. When I get readings I always go in and come out knowing that I have the power to changes things. Also what we need to realise is that the reader whether they be psychic, tarot, medium, both whatever picks up on our energies and emotions at that time.

I'll give you an example; I got a tarot reading one day when i was really depressed about life and family <read very worried>. The reader picked up on two key things that were correct; one being about a family member who was using drugs, whom i was very worried about and two; a new course I was going to study.

She then when onto say that the future for this particular family member was not great and that she saw this person blacking out and having all sorts of drug related issues that were incrediably dire and could result in them having to go into rehab... or die Cut along story short It never happened... no rehab.. no blackout... etc. This family member is now well adjusted healthy and has their own family.

We have a choice... we choose our own actions... readings are never set in stone

:heart:

kazza

Thanks for both your replies been a help, I guess I shouldv'e put so much faith into the readings, it's hard not to when something sounded so great and I guess it was hard to imagine life any other way. I guess in this never changing world you just don't know what's around the corner. Peace Pixie, I'm glad to hear that it worked out for your family member, you must have been very worried, especially with what the psychic said. Maybe we are just the keeper of our own destinies.

Disa

Yes you said it! We are the keeper of our own destinies. Here's what I think, take it or leave it. I believe we choose our paths before we get to this life. Some things do seem to be fate or destiny but, I believe we have lessons we would like to learn and we come here to earth to learn them. While on this course, a million different things come up and can alter our path. We choose to stay on the same course or we choose to take another path. In our lifetimes, what was supposed to be, may end up happening sometime as we go along, but if not, perhaps we go back to spirit having not learned our lesson this time. We have free will. What we do with it is up to us.

I believe everyone is psychic to some extent. Some people are not as open or aware of it as others. Some choose to develop it further while others totally deny it. You must trust your own intuition, follow your own internal guidance in matters such as this. I believe readers of all kinds can offer valuable insight into situations where we sometimes have too much vested in it in order to see it clearly ourselves, but I don't think you should give up your own personal power to someone else who is giving you the info they see in that particular moment. I think as good readers, we should empower people, not take their power away from them.

Just my view. Hope all goes well for you.

Disa

Foucault

kazza - Enrique Enriquez says:

"Divination isn't about forecasting the future; but about understanding our present situation in a way that will prepare us for any challenge we may face at creating the future we want for ourselves."

and:

"If we think that the "Future" is something that will happen to us, we will always be afraid of looking ahead; but if we see the future as something we do, something we create, then we will face it with excitement. Use tarot to envision the future you want for yourself."

And I firmly agree!

Graham.

berrieh

Of course, the future can change. :) How bleak a life it would be if it couldn't! We might as well be robots. Now, that's not to say whether your friend was right or wrong, or what happened here. I cannot imagine someone being able to 'read' the distant future and I think they're either con-artists or filled with hubris who try.

Of course, I am a hypocrite, because I still keep a little booklet of predictions, for my life, that my great-grandmother gave me when I was in high school, just before she passed away. And mostly, they've come true. (Scary things---she was an artist, too, and she even sketched a picture of a vehicle model that didn't even exist yet and wouldn't for 10 years in perfect accuracy. So, she was getting some intel from somewhere.) But I imagine, as I get farther along, less will come true, as has been the case.

I'm sorry to hear you've gone through a rough patch, but the best way to get a great future is to create one every day. That's all we can really do, I suppose. That's why, personally, I never throw a spread down that's too far away. I do think you can manifest (not exactly The Secret, but the LoA), but I think readers have come to rely on that too heavily, almost as blame. Personal responsibility is key, but I find it's more often what Querent's DO than what they THINK that creates their problems.

starrystarrynight

I think the psychic or tarot reader (or any other type of "predictor") can only read the energies he senses may come to pass or that may color the future for someone. But the seeker has to do the work to manifest those energies or to manipulate them into fruition (or nudge them to change, if desired.)

I don't think there is any free ride to any part of life. It's up to us to live it, no matter what any seer may say. Nothing is set in stone, as the old adage goes.

afrosaxon

Oh, (((kazza)))!

I went through a similar situation: a reader told me back in September that a love interest would get a clue and want to pursue a romantic relationship with me when he returned from his overseas travels (he was overseas at the time). Well...when he came back, a series of events led him to hit me with the dreaded, "I need some space."

I promptly contacted her and told her she was wrong, that one of the cards she chose referred to another person he was interested in, etc. etc. Chile, I PERFORMED! :D

Fast forward to last week, when I was doing my annual New Year's Eve house cleaning. I came across the reading and saw that I had read the dang thing incorrectly...and that she may not be wrong after all. *hanging head in embarrassment*

I say all this to say: some readers are good at interpreting time (e.g., this will occur in 2 years, or 3 months, or 5 days). Most just read what they see and have no idea of WHEN said phenomenon may occur (or not). One thing I had to remember (and am a work in progress on) was that tarot/Universal time is not necessarily our human time...and energies change, and change again.

I also agree with berrieh: often its our actions that determine our path, not what we think about a situation.

So while I encourage you to try and heal yourself in the wake of such devastation (been there, done that, got the soundtrack and the T-shirt), keep in mind that delay doesn't always equal defeat. This guy could come back 10 years from now...and with the way technology continues to evolve, you could still gestate safely well into your 70s. :D

Just my $.02.

T.

EDITED to add: honest feedback is always encouraged by most readers, and it's not a good feeling to hear that what you said ended up not coming to pass (unless it's a negative occurrence that was seen in the cards at the time of the reading). Of course, I can only speak for myself.

kazza said:
I have been to many tarot readers/Psychic and found very few good ones. I thought I found an excellent tarot reader/Psychic who became a good friend a couple of years she moved overseas and no longer hear from her to question her anymore. Her readings seemed precise she spoke to spirits and picked up on things going on around me and some of things she told me did come true but one of the major things she told me about my relationship with my partner, that we would marry, have another child, maybe work together and we would be happy has just been tossed in the mud. He has left me with no chance of a reconcilation and I am so devasted I based alot on what she told me and really based my life around it now I've lost all my faith in the spiritual industry and now feel that maybe psychics just pick up what on your mind, what you'd like to happen in your life and sometimes some of things they say you can manifest through positive thoughts like "The Secret" says and you think that they were a great reader, unless the future is just not planned or you can change the course of your destiny. I had a dream last night in which I questioned her about my readings and said you told me you were never wrong (which she always said) and she was very upset and told me well that's what she had seened at the time and that was it. Did this dream mean that the future can change. I would really appreciate anyones comments or insight into what they think.

phoenixblu

i know what you mean... ive felt this too about people in my past... but I the woman who I trust and always gives me spot on readings... tells me... that its all related to the "now" i could go out and change it all tomorrow... we control our future in the end :)