Anyone know of a French website in English?

pippi

Hi, I don't know if such a thing exists, but I'm looking for a French website that has English translation available. For example, like YesAsia.com, where you can order media (books, cds, tarot decks) from Asia, but the website is in English.

Is there such a website to order similar items from France? Or is there a way to view Amazon.fr in English?

Thanks!!

firemaiden

I don 't know about that, but would you like some translation assistance?

gregory

Amazon.fr is easy - I have ordered from it loads of times. It's all EXACTLY the same as the English ones.... just look for the button where you expect it to be !

Same applies to amazon.de ! Which is far and away the most reliable amazon I have ever dealt with.

pippi

Thanks firemaiden, I'm going to PM you.

gregory...but I don't know what anything means! LOL! YesAsia's descriptions of everything is in English. I'm sure I could find my way around enough to order from Amazon.fr, but I'd like the option of reading a little about the items before buying, kwim? However, in the case that it's my only option, how do they handle the currency conversion? Do I just enter my US credit card number and they'll convert for me?

firemaiden

pippi said:
how do they handle the currency conversion? Do I just enter my US credit card number and they'll convert for me?

Yes your credit card will do the conversion. Your bank will pay them in Euros and take the money out of your account in dollars, and charge you a small commission sometimes.

Find me what you want to read more about, or even post it here, if you like, I'll translate.

gregory

What are you thinking to to buy there, she asked nosily..... Anything I missed :eek: ?

(having just ordered from amazon.de myself after a long absence....)

pippi

:) gregory... I'll be happy to tell ya, once I've decided if I'm going to get it or not. Don't want another potential Magical Forest fiasco on my hands. :p

Other than that, I really would still like to find if there's such a French site in English because I love French music as well. I had ordered some French cd's online years ago...I'll have to try to find that place again. But I don't think they had books/tarot decks.

Now I'm off to go check out Amazon.de (never been there!)

ETA: Oooh, I lied (inadvertently!) I was just at Amazon.de earlier today and didn't even know it until returning to it just now! LOL!

firemaiden

Honeycakes, you like french music, french books, french.... get thee to France. I don't know what your romantic situation is so I wouldn't dream of making any further recommendations, but...

pippi

LMAO!!! I know, maybe I do belong there! I have always loved the French language. I read my daughters' Madeline books to them in a French accent, and now my 5 year old daughter reads them that way as well. LOL! And when they were younger, I would buy duplicates of their Disney movies in French, because I would go crazy hearing the words in English for the 470th time...hearing it in French was a very nice and peaceful alternative!

There is no romantic situation whatsoever, and with three little ones, it's highly unlikely to happen anytime soon! Perhaps I should brush up on that high school French, in case France is indeed in my future! :D

firemaiden

Well, darling, all I can say is it is wonderful when the male of the species feels required to uphold the glory of their nation...

Just a word of caution so's you won't be disappointed, most french people think tarot is a game. If you are invited to a "soirée tarot " don't expect to read for anyone. LOL.