Reading while you're sick ?

Have you ever done a reading while being sick (feverish) ?

• Yes, the outcome was more clear than usual.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but the outcome was basicly the same.

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Yes, but the outcome was a total failure.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Who would practice Tarot when he's sick? Not me!

• No, but I might give it a try.

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • No, never considered this one yet.

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • No, and I'll never will. I'll stay right in bed.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lion-O

I searched through this forum but didn't find anything which indicated a thread like this before but.. Sorry if I overlooked if this subject has been adressed before.

Well, I'm one of those guys who hardly gets sick. I usually wear a body warmer and I feel very comfortable with it. Yes, even when temperatures manage to drop to 1 - 3 degrees celcius I still manage to wear my bodywarmer and, unimaginable for some people, actually do enjoy it too.

Now.. When it comes to doign readings and such I also go with the flow. I only read the cards when I feel like it. Sometimes this can be once a week, sometimes even more often, but other times its not unusual for me to have a few months between readings. (and with readings I also include just grabbing a few cards to try and describe your day).

I normally don't get sick very often, but when I do.. Normally its always something very minor Like this weekend; a very small flu but it packs a fever which is at some moments very annoying. That and the ear ache...

BUT, thats not what I was going to talk about. I'm wondering... When you have a fever it is basicly your internals which put up a massive fight with the invading germs. The feeling of being cold, warm and cold again. Personally I don't mind that, I even sleep well when I have a fever. Like right now; I chose not to take an aspirin simply to let it rage on during the evening and see what would turn up tomorrow.

Which brings me finally down to my question.. Have you ever tried a reading while a fever was raging? If so; did it influence your outcome in any way ?

jmd

Personally, I think it in part will depend on what is meant by a 'reading'.

If by this is meant that not only are cards drawn, but that a narrative is spoken to someone else, then, under such circumstances, I doubt I would personally have the wherewithall to be able to speak in a semi-coherent manner (I've been known to speak in another language when in that state, without realising it).

If by 'reading' is meant to draw cards and allow their image to instruct and imbue one with its meaning, then I personally find this quite wonderful.

One of my reviews here on AT, by the way, was written whilst in the final phases (a number of days into it) of a particularly bad flu. The 'clarity' and cleansing both colds and flu can bring is always something I value - even as the discomfort (and at times agony) is allowed to take its course.

berrieh

I'll read while sick, but I won't read while on medication. My strange rules! :)

The crowned one

I am just getting over this predicament right now as I have been sick for the last few days. I find with my head pounding the thought of trying to concentrate was enough to turn my stomach. On top of that my will to write or explain what I see would be compromised and I would not give out all the information I may have gathered just through lack of mental fortitude ( I am talking very sick here, not a simple cold or mild flu ;) )

I did do a reading today as the question was time sensitive, based on three photo's I was sent of a suite someone wanted to rent. My reading was clear in my mind, and even tho I am starting to feel better, my explanation was a bit shorter and less in depth then usual due to being tired.

I can say I would not read.

Furnacechant

Under normal circumstances, I'd not suggest reading while sick---it's just too tiring and you can't think clearly. However, there was one occasion I can remember when I felt strongly moved to do so. Every card I pulled had something to do with ill health and I suddenly felt as if all my spirit guides were screaming at me to get to a doctor, NOW, NOW, NOW!
I couldn't understand this as all I had was a simple cold that seemed to be improving and it was a cold, dreary night, but off I went to urgent care in my pajamas, expecting the usual three hours wait for a bottle of amoxicillin or to be told to go home and take an aspirin. Imagine my shock when instead, within a matter of a couple of minutes, a veritable fleet of nurses were surrounding me with oxygen bottles and IVs and hooking me up to machines. It seems I was just too sick to know how sick I really was and nearly died of pneumonia.

Formicida

Not a raging fever, but I have read when I've had a bad cold. Sometimes it's been wonderful--the illness puts me into an almost trance-like state, from which it's easy to read the cards. It's like the cold takes me partway to the state I need to be in anyway. On the other hand, sometimes it just feels like my head is full of cotton wool.

I haven't yet figured out how to determine which is which before I start trying to read, though.

Sea Siren

I can't read when I'm ill. I don't have enough energy and the little I can muster gets blocked rather quickly.