Political Predictions for USA

Tomsde

I am a democrat and here in the USA we're into the Presidental Primaries. I favor Hillary Clinton, so I asked the cards if she would win the primaries. Unfortunately the cards said that she has lost the favor of the american people. I did another spread and it said Obama would win the primaries, that he had a good start and help from a wealthy, successful dark haired woman (I took this to be Oprah) and that after a small set back he would win the primaries.

Is anyone else doing readings on this? If so what do you see for a democratic presidetial candidate?

NightWing

Post-Bush tarot

Thanks for the reminder. I very seldom think of reading on political questions, but of course, -Why Not? With the New Hampshire Primary today, I had best get to shuffling those cards!

If something surprising comes forth, I'll certainly post it. But the cards may simply agree with the latest polls.

Fortunately, there are a number of votes in various of the united states of America over the next few weeks! Lots of opportunities for readings.

Abrac

Not to downplay the efficacy of Tarot reading, but my philosophy is why learn to walk through walls if there is already a door? To my mind, the polls are a very accurate method of predicting the outcome, so reading the cards would simply be redundant, as NightWing alluded to.

Alta

And, if you wish to post your readings on the outcome, Your Readings often hosts readings on major events.

Tomsde

In politics there is so much uncertainty, I was hoping for some positive sign that Hillary R. Clinton would pull it together. I don't know if anyone saw the Sunday Morning Program where Bill Geist goes to the pyschic town (whose name escapes me). There he went to many tarot card readers and they had very mixed opinions on the final outcome of who would be the next President--so I was wondering what the folks here though. Interesting show, many predicted a turn around in the economy come spring--I'm a bit skeptical about that, but I've not consulted the cards on that issue yet.

If the moderators feel it necessary, I invite them to move this thread to the Your Readings category. I wasn't really certain as to which forum subdivision the topic was best suited to.

AJ

If I weren't sitting on my fingers they would probably move this to Socio-Political forum...
All the best to your candidate though,

edited, and back to finger sitting.

6 Haunted Days

I guess that reading was off, Hillary had quite the suprise win by double digits.

Abrac said:
Not to downplay the efficacy of Tarot reading, but my philosophy is why learn to walk through walls if there is already a door? To my mind, the polls are a very accurate method of predicting the outcome, so reading the cards would simply be redundant, as NightWing alluded to.

Not that accurate, they were way off in this case.

blackairplane

Just for the heck of it I tossed a few cards:

Hillary?: 5 Swords: It either does not look good, OR if she wins it will not be without some dishonor, or bad taint.

Barak?: Ace Cups: Possibly a winner! Emotionally buoyed by the experience anyhow.

McCain?: The Star: Don't read this as a win, but as furthering his fame.

Huckabee?: Four of SwordsRX: No win, but he will become more famous and will gain a slow advancement.

From these cards, I'd say Obama.

If I were voting, I'd go for either Obama or Mc Cain.

Tomsde

I should have carefully written down the cards and their positions for further study, but I didn't have time that evening. Of course anything can happen, it's still fairly early in the race.

I don't trust polls.

shadowdancer

I wonder if anyone has considered doing a "tarot tells the tale" style 3 card spread on each of the candidates, as in the style of James Rickleff??

I would consider it, but I don't really know anything about the personalities of the candidates in the same way you guys would from across the Atlantic. (I have done this style reading on a few characters from our TV programmes such as Eastenders. It really is a facinating way of using just 3 cards and sooooo much information came forth)

Just a wee idea!! :D