PDA

View Full Version : More new crystals pics to share

wumpkie
10-01-2008, 01:52
My parents went to visit their friends in Wales and they had picked up pieces of quartz for myself, my partner and my parents that they had found while having a walk on the mountains outside of Ffestiniog on christmas and new years day. They had also found pyrite and galena on the mountain side for us, so I thought I would share a picture of my new found crystal friends.
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s104/wumpkie/DSCN0009.jpg

Today I also bought this rather funky cluster of crystals called Chalcanthite.http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s104/wumpkie/DSCN0010.jpg I know this isn't a natural form of the crystal as it is really rare, but I just had to have it :D

It is suppose to be good for:
-Elocution,
-Helps you make choices,
-Communication,
-Helps to achieve goals
-Helps with water retention,
-Arthritis
-Reproductive disorders
-Lowers cholesterol.

There is a note that says 'NO ELIXIR' So I will not be putting it anywhere near water and also sunlight, I would imagine that it would fade the colour.

Enjoy the photos :D

HearthCricket
10-01-2008, 02:04
Wow! Neon blue! That must have a lot to say to you, even if it is not natural! Very pretty specimen. I wonder what it was like before they treated it? Nicely shaped cluster. Some are so weird!

wumpkie
10-01-2008, 03:08
It does have a lot to say, a bit like me I guess :D But what makes me laugh about it was that I said to my partner, just yesterday, that I felt like I was retaining water (not that you guys really wanted to know that :bugeyed:) I also do suffer from arthritis due to my psoriasis. And I picked up this cluster without even knowing anything about it.

HearthCricket
10-01-2008, 03:31
It does have a lot to say, a bit like me I guess :D But what makes me laugh about it was that I said to my partner, just yesterday, that I felt like I was retaining water (not that you guys really wanted to know that :bugeyed:) I also do suffer from arthritis due to my psoriasis. And I picked up this cluster without even knowing anything about it.

Ah, then it was meant to be!! I love it when we pick up a stone or crystal without knowing anything about it, but just attracted to it, and then find out it is exactly what we needed!

morticia monroe
14-01-2008, 05:35
OOOhh, that big one in the center is to die for! I love it! What a great surprise!

Furnacechant
14-01-2008, 05:47
Wow! Neon blue! That must have a lot to say to you, even if it is not natural! Very pretty specimen. I wonder what it was like before they treated it? Nicely shaped cluster. Some are so weird!

The color is natural ( I have found small amounts of this actually in nature, or rather in an old mine), the large crystals, though, would probably have to be grown in a lab as the conditions for growing them like that would be practically impossible under normal circumstances. It is extremely poisonous if ingested( my dad, being a somewhat sadistic as well uber-skeptical person, gave some to an unwitting friend in order to verify that the symptoms he had from accidentally ingesting a pinhead-sized amount were not psychosomatic, and the friend did in fact develop the same symptoms. I suggest actually washing your hands after handling it, in fact.), and yes, IIRC water will dissolve them and sun will also damage them.

memries
14-01-2008, 05:54
Really lovely. I like the ones you received and the one you bought was very nice as well. Lucky you !

wumpkie
14-01-2008, 06:16
Aww thanks you guys.

I definitely will not be putting the Chalcanthite anywhere near my mouth, as I do (I don't know if any of you guys do it) have a habit with crystals, especially tumbled crystals, to put them around my mouth or in my mouth. Not all the way though like you would a sweet :bugeyed:

As for the crystal I recieved I love my little piece of galena, when I first got hold of it I couldn't help but play with it constantly. :)

morticia monroe
14-01-2008, 06:21
Wow, that's wierd...I thought I was the only one.

I also feel a compulsion to put my stones to my mouth. I don't put them IN it, but put them to my lips. It seems to make it much easier for me to pick up the vibrations.

And strangely enough, I do the same with my decks,,just touch them to my lips.

Furnacechant
14-01-2008, 06:27
I don't know about putting them to your lips for feeling vibrations, but it is interesting to note that when my family and their friends were all big into rockhounding when I was a child, it for some reason became customary among all of us to carry newly-found topaz crystals in one's cheeks, like a squirrel...There were always various practical, non-metaphysical reasons advanced for why this was better, but none of them seem to stand up to much scrutiny. Maybe just some kind of instinct?

wumpkie
14-01-2008, 06:29
See now thats what I find :D -(Morticia)

morticia monroe
14-01-2008, 06:34
I don't know about putting them to your lips for feeling vibrations, but it is interesting to note that when my family and their friends were all big into rockhounding when I was a child, it for some reason became customary among all of us to carry newly-found topaz crystals in one's cheeks, like a squirrel...There were always various practical, non-metaphysical reasons advanced for why this was better, but none of them seem to stand up to much scrutiny. Maybe just some kind of instinct?

Hi Furnace,

I see that you're from Utah. I just discovered Septarians....I found a few on e-bay the other day and they are beautiful!!! All of them that I"ve seen are from Utah.

Furnacechant
14-01-2008, 12:09
Oh, those! I had to look them up because I didn't remember the name, but I remember they seemed to be *everyone's* favorite livingroom decoration back in the 80s! Yeah, Utah is a great place for finding many different gemstones. I always liked labradorite, myself, and lately I've kind of a thing for citrine and orange calcite. I remember my mom almost going nuts trying to remove the "rust stains" from the quartz we found. (Citrine actually IS rust(i.e. iron oxide)-stained quartz, but my mom didn't know you aren't supposed to necessarily *clean them off*! LOL In her defense some of them do look like the color is only on the outside when you first find them.)