More new crystals pics to share

wumpkie

Chalcanthite & more new crystals pics to share

My parents went to visit their friends in Wales and they had picked up pieces of quartz for myself, my partner and my parents that they had found while having a walk on the mountains outside of Ffestiniog on christmas and new years day. They had also found pyrite and galena on the mountain side for us, so I thought I would share a picture of my new found crystal friends.
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s104/wumpkie/DSCN0009.jpg

Today I also bought this rather funky cluster of crystals called Chalcanthite.http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s104/wumpkie/DSCN0010.jpg I know this isn't a natural form of the crystal as it is really rare, but I just had to have it :D

It is suppose to be good for:
-Elocution,
-Helps you make choices,
-Communication,
-Helps to achieve goals
-Helps with water retention,
-Arthritis
-Reproductive disorders
-Lowers cholesterol.

There is a note that says 'NO ELIXIR' So I will not be putting it anywhere near water and also sunlight, I would imagine that it would fade the colour.

Enjoy the photos :D

HearthCricket

Wow! Neon blue! That must have a lot to say to you, even if it is not natural! Very pretty specimen. I wonder what it was like before they treated it? Nicely shaped cluster. Some are so weird!

wumpkie

It does have a lot to say, a bit like me I guess :D But what makes me laugh about it was that I said to my partner, just yesterday, that I felt like I was retaining water (not that you guys really wanted to know that :bugeyed:) I also do suffer from arthritis due to my psoriasis. And I picked up this cluster without even knowing anything about it.

HearthCricket

wumpkie said:
It does have a lot to say, a bit like me I guess :D But what makes me laugh about it was that I said to my partner, just yesterday, that I felt like I was retaining water (not that you guys really wanted to know that :bugeyed:) I also do suffer from arthritis due to my psoriasis. And I picked up this cluster without even knowing anything about it.

Ah, then it was meant to be!! I love it when we pick up a stone or crystal without knowing anything about it, but just attracted to it, and then find out it is exactly what we needed!

morticia monroe

OOOhh, that big one in the center is to die for! I love it! What a great surprise!

Furnacechant

HearthCricket said:
Wow! Neon blue! That must have a lot to say to you, even if it is not natural! Very pretty specimen. I wonder what it was like before they treated it? Nicely shaped cluster. Some are so weird!

The color is natural ( I have found small amounts of this actually in nature, or rather in an old mine), the large crystals, though, would probably have to be grown in a lab as the conditions for growing them like that would be practically impossible under normal circumstances. It is extremely poisonous if ingested( my dad, being a somewhat sadistic as well uber-skeptical person, gave some to an unwitting friend in order to verify that the symptoms he had from accidentally ingesting a pinhead-sized amount were not psychosomatic, and the friend did in fact develop the same symptoms. I suggest actually washing your hands after handling it, in fact.), and yes, IIRC water will dissolve them and sun will also damage them.

memries

Really lovely. I like the ones you received and the one you bought was very nice as well. Lucky you !

wumpkie

Aww thanks you guys.

I definitely will not be putting the Chalcanthite anywhere near my mouth, as I do (I don't know if any of you guys do it) have a habit with crystals, especially tumbled crystals, to put them around my mouth or in my mouth. Not all the way though like you would a sweet :bugeyed:

As for the crystal I recieved I love my little piece of galena, when I first got hold of it I couldn't help but play with it constantly. :)

morticia monroe

Wow, that's wierd...I thought I was the only one.

I also feel a compulsion to put my stones to my mouth. I don't put them IN it, but put them to my lips. It seems to make it much easier for me to pick up the vibrations.

And strangely enough, I do the same with my decks,,just touch them to my lips.

Furnacechant

I don't know about putting them to your lips for feeling vibrations, but it is interesting to note that when my family and their friends were all big into rockhounding when I was a child, it for some reason became customary among all of us to carry newly-found topaz crystals in one's cheeks, like a squirrel...There were always various practical, non-metaphysical reasons advanced for why this was better, but none of them seem to stand up to much scrutiny. Maybe just some kind of instinct?