PDA

View Full Version : Charcoal: Can Heal

kwesifriends
10-01-2008, 20:56
hello everyone I just read a book but I'm not yet finish reading it it's title is "The healing Power of Charcoal" The books said Charcoal is also known as herb and it is use late 19 century. Charcoal can heal many illnesses like indigestion, inflammation of the bowls/dysentery, Inflammation of the eyes, Inflammation and Bruises, Boils, Insect and snake Bites and Typhoid Fever. Do you believe on it?

wumpkie
10-01-2008, 21:22
I heard that charcoal is one of the favourite cravings with pregnant women. So I guess there must be something in it, also I could have sworn at one point my mum mentioned charcoal biscuits in her childhood.

kwesifriends
10-01-2008, 21:40
I heard that charcoal is one of the favourite cravings with pregnant women. So I guess there must be something in it, also I could have sworn at one point my mum mentioned charcoal biscuits in her childhood.

Ewww do you mean Charcoal Biscuits! I think so charcoal can heal many diseases but the disadvantage is its very hard to make Charcoal.

Aulruna
10-01-2008, 21:42
Charcoal tablets are very common here for stomach disorders and many people swear by it.

The tablets are taken with water and turn into a nasty black mush. I never understood how you'd be able to gulp it down if you were feeling icky already... but they worked wonders for less picky family members.

kwesifriends
10-01-2008, 21:45
Charcoal tablets are very common here for stomach disorders and many people swear by it.

The tablets are taken with water and turn into a nasty black mush. I never understood how you'd be able to gulp it down if you were feeling icky already... but they worked wonders for less picky family members.

Yes its much more cheaper than the other tablets that we buy in the drug stores. But home made powdered charcoal is much more effective than tablets charcoal as the books said. And I see images of young kids drinking charcoal drinks.

wumpkie
10-01-2008, 21:49
Maybe she said charcoal discs but im sure the word 'Biscuit' was definately in the sentence :D

I think you can get them in health food stores, but like Aulruna mentioned I don't think I would be able to take them, unless I was lied to or there was no other choice. Though I do like burnt toast, but I didn't think that was good for you? But they might be worth while getting in for the future as I rather take something more natural than conventional medicines even if it looks 'mushy'

kwesifriends
10-01-2008, 21:57
Maybe she said charcoal discs but im sure the word 'Biscuit' was definately in the sentence :D

I think you can get them in health food stores, but like Aulruna mentioned I don't think I would be able to take them, unless I was lied to or there was no other choice. Though I do like burnt toast, but I didn't think that was good for you? But they might be worth while getting in for the future as I rather take something more natural than conventional medicines even if it looks 'mushy'

LOl! I think so maybe I'll try it or make your own charcoal. I have a procedure in my book so its easy to make but hard to find the materials wahahah! Have fun!

raeanne
11-01-2008, 01:12
Hi all,
Charcoal is very good for the digestive tract. It absorbs excess gas as well as other toxins. I had radiation treatments for cancer many, many years ago. The radiation damaged my digestive system. When I told my gastroenterologist that I occasionally took charcoal capsules she said that was an excellent thing to do. It definitely helps with the discomfort I have and also controls excess gas. I use the charcoal capsules that you can buy at any drug store or health food store. Do NOT use the charcoal briquettes that are used at cookouts! These frequently have additives to help them catch fire or burn longer. Some of these additives are poisonous! (In the past, these briquetts didn't have additives but almost all of them do now.) If you have a wood fireplace, you can collect the charcoal remains and grind them into a power and put them in capsules. Itís messy and you will need to wear a breathing mask to keep from inhaling the charcoal dust (it is NOT good for the lungs). Once you have the capsules, keep them in a cool, dry, and dark place and they will last for a long, long time. If you want to go out to eat, and plan on going somewhere that has spicy food, just take one capsule before you eat and you will avoid the heartburn and gas! Great stuff to have on hand at all times!

Furnacechant
11-01-2008, 02:01
I'm surprised so few people seem to know about this---charcoal is supposed to be a staple of First Aid kits to help neutralize and reduce the effects of poisoning until proper medical help can be obtained. Depending on the poison, sometimes it's even given in hospitals AS the proper medical help.

ravenest
11-01-2008, 11:32
Yep, we used to give it to drug OD's in Casualty ward at hospital. A BIG drink of charcoal ... wait for it to absorb what it can ... then give epicac or some vomit inducing drug .... black spew everywhere ... yuk!

I remember my first expereince transporting a patient from casualty to ward in this state ... I asked him if he had been in a bush fire as his face, hair, bedclothes, etc were all black and 'sooty'. :laugh:

Briar Rose
11-01-2008, 11:49
it's in my Diverticulitus book

to take charcoal to see how long it passes.... you get the picture

other than that, that is all I have to offer

memries
11-01-2008, 12:09
I am the same as you Wumpkie I always think burnt toast is good for you.. who knows. It does purify water and we are made of a lot of water.

ravenest
11-01-2008, 12:14
Yes. it purifies, but by absorbtion. wether internally or as a water filter, etc. but you then have to eventually get the polluted charcoal out of the system (or change the filter every so often).

Also it appears charcoal was used in an amazing way for agriculture in the civilsation that used to farm the Amazon basin - I saw a doco on that once, v.interesting!

kwesifriends
11-01-2008, 21:31
wow too many user already know the healing power of Charcoal. That's great. have fun using it guys.

HearthCricket
11-01-2008, 23:28
I know we can get those charcoal tablets for stomach ailments, but so far the idea has turned me off! Though some will swear by it. Interesting point about burnt toast, though. I always wondered why we ate toast instead of just plain bread when we don't feel well. Maybe there is something to all of that, afterall!