PDA

View Full Version : 2008 mercury retro influences

paradoxx
12-01-2008, 07:25
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/astrology-articles/mercury-retrograde.php
http://www.writerinthewindow.com/mercury_retrograde.htm

well the good news is that Mars is ready to go direct again, and I do mean ready.

Mercury's retreograde in Aquarius just might remind us how powerful this little planet just might be, rarely seen except in the winter mornings when the sky is still darkened by the axis tilt, mercury traditionally is associated with our mindset, but mercury relates to our nerves, which in turn is connected to electrical impluses, all the while the communication center of everything is all about our ability to relay the simple truths and relate a rapport with our reality.

Lasting for only the three week period, March will be blessingly free of retrogrades except for the Stubborn Saturn which Directs Decision making, watch out for those road signs that have been placed for you to see (whats that color again?), what has been reflected?

But back to mercury, well in place is the mercury shadow, feeling the mind slow down is the first phase, teh next three weeks will have a more mars attitiude, but it will work well with Mercury, (Gemini and Aquarius also work well together), pushing things to completion is the 23 days of retrograde activity, accessing old data is paramount right now, old attitiudes will be revealed for what they are, and the fear of the future will be diminished.

Mercury Retrograde ends on the 19th of February, thankfully it isn't February 30th.

Barbaras Ahajusts
13-01-2008, 00:59
...But back to mercury, well in place is the mercury shadow, feeling the mind slow down is the first phase, teh next three weeks will have a more mars attitiude, but it will work well with Mercury, (Gemini and Aquarius also work well together), pushing things to completion is the 23 days of retrograde activity, accessing old data is paramount right now, old attitiudes will be revealed for what they are, and the fear of the future will be diminished.
I got a feel for this last night talking on IM. Not being afraid of the future and dealing with old data. Some old attitudes were brought out as a sad revelations. Lessons learned, you know?!

I'm thinking this retro with Merc isn't going to be so rough as its a cleansing. What do you think?

Mercury Retrograde ends on the 19th of February, thankfully it isn't February 30th.... What do you mean by "thankfully it is't Feb 30th"? Have I missed something?

Sophie
13-01-2008, 04:13
Mercury Retrograde ends on the 19th of February, thankfully it isn't February 30th.:laugh:

Mercury retrograde in an Air sign - this should be fun, like wind blowing backwards (or a fart slipping back in :eek:). What happens to the usually fixed Aquarius then?

Barbaras Ahajusts
13-01-2008, 05:03
Fudugazi!!!
Thats it...I'm not posting when you are around anymore! Geeeesh!
:rolleyes:
I can't believe that slipped over my head. ROTFLOL:laugh:

Ok...twice gotten by you is enough in one life time! :rolleyes:

(Feb 30=The energizer bunny, it goes on and on and on.)

Now back to this farting situation...:laugh: I've never heard of this, but I trust you to get the gest of it before passing it to us.
:joke:

:)Barb

afrosaxon
13-01-2008, 06:15
:laugh:

Mercury retrograde in an Air sign - this should be fun, like wind blowing backwards (or a fart slipping back in :eek:).

What is the sound of one cheek farting? :laugh:

(that just popped into my head when I read Fudugazi's comment)

*running out of thread*

Whitestar
14-01-2008, 01:39
I'm thinking this retro with Merc isn't going to be so rough as its a cleansing. What do you think?

I hope this is the case!!!

The past couple haven't been very nice...

Barbaras Ahajusts
14-01-2008, 04:54
I had just noticed that Aquarius sets in my 10th house. Thats Reputation, career and social responsibilities. I must rattle this one about cause I don't work outside the home and the only other thing I can think of is how I raise the kids. (Now how will the work backwards during the next few weeks? humm?)

I smell a night of reading coming on. Must be all that backuped gas forcing some information back in. ;)

Barb

Starling
14-01-2008, 10:13
I had just noticed that Aquarius sets in my 10th house. Thats Reputation, career and social responsibilities. I must rattle this one about cause I don't work outside the home and the only other thing I can think of is how I raise the kids. (Now how will the work backwards during the next few weeks? humm?)

I smell a night of reading coming on. Must be all that backuped gas forcing some information back in. ;)

Barb

I think the 10th house is also what you think your duty is (those kids perhaps?? <grin>). And what you think your job is, what you think you are supposed to be doing with your life.

I have 5 10th house planets, and frankly my career wasn't much to write home about (I'm retired now)). But I really did tend to see myself as whatever I was doing at the time. And ambition kept rearing it's "ugly" head.

afrosaxon
14-01-2008, 10:47
Oh boy...my ninth house is in Aquarius.

From Astrologyzone.com:

Ninth House

This is the house that encourages us to think big and bold, and to consider the future in the broadest terms. There always seems to be a certain amount of preparation required before one can take full advantage of all that the ninth house has to offer. Long distance travel, international communication, interactions and relationships with foreigners, distant relatives and in-laws, and higher education are the key areas covered by this important house.

It also rules your attitudes and viewpoints on all topics, and your efforts to understand complex issues, including morals and ethics. This house drives discussions on philosophy, religion, publishing, legal and academic matters. It emphasizes the higher mind and mental exploration.

The ninth house is ruled by fortunate Jupiter and by the philosophical and scholarly sign of Sagittarius.

This should be interesting...:cool5:

GoddessArtemis
15-01-2008, 21:42
Mercury turns retrograde January 28th at 24 Aquarius
Mercury turns direct February 19th at 8 Aquarius

It's not quite retro period yet, but it's-a-comin'!

Here's some info:

In 2008, Mercury retrogrades three times, all in air signs, which means that we will be changing and adjusting our thinking and thought process. Because 2008 is universally a ONE year (in numerology), this Mercury retrograde process becomes important in the major adjustments as we move into our new beginnings and shift into our new outer journey toward. Mercury retrograde provides the opportunity to adjust our thoughts, attitudes and communications about our direction. The adjustments that are slated to occur in 2008 are in air signs, Aquarius (in Jan/Feb), Gemini (in May/June), and Libra (in Sept/Oct).

You can read more about this here (http://www.alphalifetrends.com/mercuryretrograde.html).

GA

GoddessArtemis
18-01-2008, 07:20
I just got this in my daily astrological updates email:

Mercury isn't too happy this week. On Friday (Jan. 18), he begins his storm period, which means he's about to turn retrograde. Hold off on starting new projects, and rethink actions you've recently taken. Because Mercury goes retrograde about three times a year, it's a great time to take stock of your experiences during that time.

I guess Mercury is starting it's shenanigans early. I would tend to think Merc rx can't be that bad this go around, as it's in Aquarius, but then again...what happens when Aquarius goes wrong (retro)?

GA

Barbaras Ahajusts
18-01-2008, 07:55
I don't know about what happens when Aquarius goes bad, but I do know this past week, the "thriller week" before Merc goes bass-ackwards, has been a nightmare. I don't like the smell of this one anymore. I was hoping for an easy entrance, but thats a fat joke. It reeks of anger and predujuice!

This has been the week to get that sweet intro/preview into what Mercury Rx is going to do to us, or rather do in the house that sets in Aquarius!!

And low and behold in my chart Merc is setting in Aquarius! Hot damn! And here I was looking forward to an easy ride! Sh*t far and don't aim! Dang it! I have already thought about putting a pair of sissors into someones back and a gun to my...oh well..the hormones were going off too. ARGH!

And I'm in the middle of working on healing from within. Sheesh! I should just empty out a cabinet in my bathroom and hide in there for the rest of this period!

:neutral:Barb

GoddessArtemis
18-01-2008, 08:07
It's been really rough for me, too. I have True/North Node in Aquarius in 4th (rx) and I.C. in Aquarius, too. No idea what that means...but everything is topsy-turvy and my mood matches. Not looking forward to this..

GA

paradoxx
19-01-2008, 03:03
basically everything is going to be out of the normal criteria for a while.
Aquarius is my 6th house (http://www.astrology.com/aboutastrology/interpreting/houses/house6.html,) a little to close to home for my comfort, a reality check on a few things, but then again, the current layout of expecations seems quite facist and supremist, and countering it with equal force only creates reversed polarity of the final results.

Both the Sun and mercury will be with Aquarius for this retrograde point, preparation should have already taken place, but if it didn't, then the mercury retrograde will review a few things for you.

Barbaras Ahajusts
19-01-2008, 15:53
Unforseen disruptions.
Mercury in Aquarius & in my 10th house. How lucky can I be?

Well, I didn't see a black hole appear and take off something that looked really promising.
Then I tried to become overwhelming broken over it. I did try. I was just sadden.
Then I ended it. I slapped the picture of the black hole and said, "Get thee behind me, Black hole!" (I know, high drama scene!) ;)

Tonight I have been singing "Oh Donna" with my granddaughter as I wrote an email to my sister. Her name is Donna, so I was changing the words as I went along. Granddaughter was very impressed. :D:D:D

Its all strange considering what left is what I wanted...but its ok. So as up to right now....the unforeseen disruption came and went. I wonder if this is just a teaser? :bugeyed: I hope it means it will be a bit smoother.

:)Barb

paradoxx
20-01-2008, 07:04
speaking of black holes, Mignoine has an excellent analysis of, of all people, Rosie O'Donnel and Donald Trump, with several mentions to black holes in Aquarius. see http://www.daykeeperjournal.com/aarch07/0702feb/alex2.shtml for details.

loud voices will demand to be heard, and perhaps the unusual will be reactivated, and a few other angles will be reviewed, but get too close to those black holes and you will be turned inside out.

Winter weather is at the top of my mind right now, the last place yout want to be caught off guard is where a lot of water has frozen over, such as a parking lot with bad drainage.

Venus is subtley moving into conjunction with Pluto, while pluto will be stationary in Sagittarius, Venus will discharge her energies with plutonian darkness, but issues with plutonium might also come up out of nowhere, which leads us back to teh Black hole issues that emit x-rays and how the galactic center @29 Sagittarius is a massive black hole.

on a side note, jupiter is in Capricorn, promoting real results.

Barbaras Ahajusts
20-01-2008, 12:11
HOLY COW!

I just got around to reading that link about the public fued! Wow!
Thanks for that link. It was fasicnating about the black holes, too! How on earth do we find out how they fit into our charts? The black holes not the fueders... :laugh:

Damn. And I thought my fued with Red & Cuz Inlaw was high impact and off the wall! Trump, O'Donald & Walters are a laughable copy of my own personal war! Whew!

I am shell shocked at Walters who seems to be playing both sides. Because she is my "Red" and I'm Rosie! :laugh: And yes, for me Cuz Inlaw is our Trump. He likes to rub elbows with Red. :D:D:D What a circus!

I need to find where I have a blackhole and let it suck them up & our fued! :laugh:

I am honestly in shock!!!
:bugeyed:Barb

paradoxx
02-02-2008, 08:18
jupiter and venus are conjunct in Capricorn, the sun is passing a conjunction with chiron in Capricorn, and Mercury is conjunct to neptune in Aquarius. Mercury is in slow motion right now, no more effects of phasing in and out like the last two mercury retrogrades, probably more to do with the illusory Uranus in Pisces then anything else. The nature of this shift taking place with the superbowl though, would it be a big suprise if some electrical shorts cut out the audio?

Jupiter and Venus though is revealing where the financial side of money actually goes to with government, and why it is there to begin with. Venus and Jupiter are stubborn when joined, events happening though this weekend might need to be taken one process at a time.

Miscommunication is hardly an issues right now, but be careful about what you write down, numbers and certain letters might get switched around, beware of loose ends starting to fray.

Starling
02-02-2008, 10:29
So I was a little nervous about getting a phone call today to set up an appointment to make major repairs/improvements to my heating and cooling system. About a month ago the builder sent in an independent engineering firm to do audits on a bunch of the houses including mine. I expected minor changes to be made because I'd heard enough of the conversation between the man doing the audit and his manager to know that there were at least a couple of things that needed to be repaired.

It isn't a minor repair. I will be getting a new air conditioner. I'm not sure what else will be done but there will be scaffolding on the house and they got the town to give them a permit. Sounds pretty serious to me.

I was reading an astrological blog, and it said that Mercury retrograde is a good time to go back and perfect an unfinished project. Although we have owned the house for 3.5 years, we have never signed off on it. In fact none of us have been asked to sign off on our houses. This is actually the 3rd or 4th time around for the HVAC system since we moved in. I've lost count.

I'm lucky. Mostly the system works and we are reasonably comfortable. Others have not been so lucky.

But the whole idea that Mercury retrograde is a good time to fix things that weren't right in the first place just tickles me no end.

Barbaras Ahajusts
02-02-2008, 12:14
jupiter and venus are conjunct in Capricorn, the sun is passing a conjunction with chiron in Capricorn, and Mercury is conjunct to neptune in Aquarius. Mercury is in slow motion right now, no more effects of phasing in and out like the last two mercury retrogrades, probably more to do with the illusory Uranus in Pisces then anything else. ...
Miscommunication is hardly an issues right now, but be careful about what you write down, numbers and certain letters might get switched around, beware of loose ends starting to fray.

Paradoxx,
How long do you think this "slow motion" will end?
I can handle the miscommunication not being an issue!

Barb

Starling
02-02-2008, 22:59
I know this much about retrogrades. The planet appears to slow down. It hits is station and then retrogrades. The speed picks up. The speed slows down again and hits its station again, starts going direct and speeds up to normal speed.

Until, of course, it is time to do it all again. All of this slowing down, stationing, etc., etc., etc. is all apparent because we are watching from Earth's surface. If we were in space, we would only see direct motion.

dadsnook2000
03-02-2008, 00:02
Mercury, as a planet, doesn't change physically.

Mercury doesn't change its actual direction or its orbital speed to any degree.

Mercury doesn't change it distance from the Sun or its range of distance from other planets.

So, what really changes. Only the visual, measurable by arc, relationship between itself, the Sun and Earth. Even in this context, Mercury at five degrees ahead of the Sun, or five degrees behind the Sun, can be either direct or retrograde in motion as we see it. At these points, for example, what makes Mercury different in its relationship to the Sun and the Earth?

We can draw a parallel between the Sun and Earth as seen at the Equinox points of the year. Mercury, at these example points, is either moving towards the Sun or away from it, while being ahead of or behind the Sun. It's a "cyclic" relationship that we are looking at.

Trying to understand Mercury in terms of being direct or retrograde is overly limiting. We need to see Mercury in terms of its "cycle" or process of change.
** Ahead of the Sun, increasing relative distance, direct motion.
** Ahead of the Sun, decreasing relative distance, direct motion.
** Ahead of the Sun, decreasing relative distance, appearing stationary.
** Ahead of the Sun, retrograding and decreasing in relative distance.
** Conjunct the Sun, retrograding.
** Behind the Sun, retrograding, increasing relative distance.
** Behind the Sun, increasing relative distance, appearing stationary.
** Behind the Sun, decreasing relative distance, direct motion.
** Conjunct the Sun, direct motion.
** Ahead of the Sun, increasing relative distance -- at the first step above.

As I have indicated in other threads, each of these has subtle meanings relative to the other "phases" of the cycle. Each of us needs to meditate on these changes in the Sun-Earth-Mercury relationship in order to actually understand what we are seeing in our charts. Dave

Starling
03-02-2008, 00:23
Trying to understand Mercury in terms of being direct or retrograde is overly limiting. We need to see Mercury in terms of its "cycle" or process of change.
** Ahead of the Sun, increasing relative distance, direct motion.
** Ahead of the Sun, decreasing relative distance, direct motion.
** Ahead of the Sun, decreasing relative distance, appearing stationary.
** Ahead of the Sun, retrograding and decreasing in relative distance.
** Conjunct the Sun, retrograding.
** Behind the Sun, retrograding, increasing relative distance.
** Behind the Sun, increasing relative distance, appearing stationary.
** Behind the Sun, decreasing relative distance, direct motion.
** Conjunct the Sun, direct motion.
** Ahead of the Sun, increasing relative distance -- at the first step above.

Dave

Right now, because the retrograde station has just happened (a couple of days ago) I believe Mercury is "Ahead of the Sun, retrograding and decreasing in relative distance." Is that correct?

Once I have your answer, I'm going back to baby steps. <grin>

dadsnook2000
03-02-2008, 01:01
Now, in addition to understanding the current cyclic relationship between Sun, Earth and Mercury, look at the relationship in your natal chart. That cyclic positioning may be what you are most sensitive to. When will that happen? Where in your natal chart will that happen? Are there any aspects to that Mercury-or-Sun points in your natal chart, or transit aspects to the current Mercury-or-Sun positions?

It is not that the astrologer looks at all of these details when examining a natal chart, but we can gain insights into our chart as these situations come up. It takes a life time to live a chart, it takes a life time to understand a chart. Dave

paradoxx
05-02-2008, 06:35
The moons apogee (furthest point from the earth, astrological called the darkmoon) is in Scoprio, the converse to that point being the perigee alligns the moon with Taurus, and with mercury and the sun in the other fixed sign (aquarius) and Leo feeling left out, well, we seem to be under seige of fixed attitudes unwanting to waver from their path, cool down from center stage, move aside to let the process happen, or let up on the pressure creating a whole new environment.

the moons distance from the planet affects everything from the tides, to our dreams, teh full moon occurs when the man-in-the-moon is totally opposite to the earth, but the distance doesn't have to be at the apogee or the perigee. emotional attitudes, sexual activity, and general moodiness might aling with the perigee, while detachment and professionaltiy might align more with the apogee timeframe, but inbetween (right now in feb 2008 Aquarius and Leo) a whole different set of behaviour patterns might arise, probably in association with family (while the moon is in Leo) and solitude (when aligned in aquarius).

Barbaras Ahajusts
05-02-2008, 09:14
The information that Paradoxx just shared is easier to understand if you can get ahold of a "here and now" chart to refer to.

Btw, Paradoxx, thank you. This is very interesting about the two sides and what to look for at different times.

...but the distance doesn't have to be at the apogee or the perigee. emotional attitudes, sexual activity, and general moodiness might aling with the perigee, while detachment and professionaltiy might align more with the apogee timeframe, but inbetween (right now in feb 2008 Aquarius and Leo) a whole different set of behaviour patterns might arise, probably in association with family (while the moon is in Leo) and solitude (when aligned in aquarius).

Paradoxx, is this because Scorpio sets in house 4 & 5 & is the closest (perigee being the closet) to the sun?

:)Barbara

marigold's
06-02-2008, 15:42
Ohhhhh, I'm ready for the Rx to be over already! Everything seems to go awry at dr's offices during Rxs (smirk--curse those little caduceuses they both share)

GoddessArtemis
09-02-2008, 07:05
I'm having so many internet/cable/telephone problems the last two days, it's not even funny!!! This Merc rx sucks. Is it over yet? Obviously not.

GA

Wonderwoman
09-02-2008, 10:36
I really cannot complaint about Retros, at least the last 2 times they have been okay. The last retro we had brought one friendship back into my life. In good terms. Now this retro, just yesterday a girlfriend i had originally met back in 2005 contacted me outta the blue. Its been 3 years.

GoddessArtemis
09-02-2008, 13:07
After 6 hours of resetting all kinds of network stuff and working back and forth between two computers, I got my wireless to work again. I ROCK. :D

Mercury rx ain't kickin' my booty, no way!!

GA :thumbsup:

Barbaras Ahajusts
09-02-2008, 14:24
My D drive disappeared. :laugh: It happens sometime. And then anything on D drive just hides from me!:)

So I had to shut the ole pc down, and let her cool off. My pc is almost 11 yrs old. Every year I wipe my hard drive down and reinstall windows along with all the programs I want back on here. With a good virus scanner, I think all this work has prolonged the life of this ole gal & me too! :D:D

I have been bitchy, evil and wanting to cry when a sad thought creeps in. But thats hormonal more so than Merc. I want to scream "RESPECT MUY AH THOR AH TEE!!!" :laugh: It doesnt help to imitate Carmen from South Park when I am wanting everyone to take me seriously! :D:D:D

Can I blame Merc rx for my sleeping problem? THis week has been really rough on the grandkids and me. I can't believe how sleepy we have been!!

Yawn...
Barbara

Sophie
10-02-2008, 05:20
Well, this time round, no emotional blah blah, but plenty of technical hiccoughs. Parcels going astray, emails bouncing back, text messages hours late, etc. etc. What can you do? *shrug* I am philosophical.

This Merc Rx is delivering its usual fare of fruitful introspection and communing with myself. I know a few things are sorting themselves out in my brain, and that's making me feel light-hearted and cheerful. Mercury is in Gemini, my ascendant, so it's all for the good. I'm a happy bee :)

YDM42
15-02-2008, 13:58
Ok, I was ho-hum about this whole thing- when someone called to my attention (my soul sister) that people have re- appeared in her life. And Volia!!! I just realized I experinced major Closure...with Virgos in both retrogrades. Just as I was about to give up on this whole astrolgy thing....

These last two retrogrades, my husband of 20 years pop up...(still in love with me)...we have been separated as long as we have been married, and this retrograde I am told the divorce is in the works.

Then this retrograde, a long time 10 year dear friend, major online long distance relationship, showed up...we had a nice chat and hung out. The love if still there...but so is the distance.

Then I realize that both, the long distance boyfriend and the husband are both Virgo's and Virgo is in my Ninth house direct with Mercury....both meetings were out of the blue, but occurred very natural and normal as if they were normal day to day happenings. I cant describe it- I mean there was no nervousness or bed feelings, it felt like we just took off were we left off years ago...as if we had been around one another all this time...wierd huh?

In both these relationship, things just kind of ended on a bad note...not bad bad..but just faded away because of all the difficulties. Does Mercury Retro- fix those issues that are out there dangling and needing closure?

So lets see, I have a sister who is a Virgo and things ended with her on a bad note...so we shall see next retrograde, but she;s been emailing me a lot lately so it may happen with the Eclipse in Virgo?

Furnacechant
15-02-2008, 14:54
Car is broken down---after I lost the keys to it and spent $150 getting re-keyed, two days after getting locked out and paying $30 for the first time. So-called friends are being bitchy and useless. Nearly everyone who isn't being evil is ignoring me completely. If this is due to the Mercury retro, I am really glad it'll be over soon. Not sure if this is more an astrological status report or a general vent, but I have had *ENOUGH*! :(

frelkins
16-02-2008, 04:35
my friend and i just can't stop quarrelling. every time we call to apologize to each other, we end up fighting more. it would hysterical if it weren't tragic. can this friendship be saved??? :)

Starling
16-02-2008, 05:12
Reading this thread has made me think about my own Mercury Rx situations. My husband's new glasses have been returned to the lab for the second time. We haven't even seen them. They failed quality control at our local Wal-Mart the first time. They just didn't like the way the lens fit into the frames and sent them back. And they failed quality assurance at the lab just yesterday.

It took two appointments to get my husband to his fasting blood test this month. He has one of those every three months, but a regular blood test once a month in addition to that. Both of us forgot that he couldn't eat breakfast the first time. And the second time we almost had to cancel because of a snow and ice storm. It was just barely clear enough for him to go, but he did hit a couple of icy patches on the way.

Barbaras Ahajusts
16-02-2008, 12:10
There are certain people I know NOT to TALK TO on retros. With the exception of this time last year. I set back to watch one female shove her a*s so far up in the air that I was able to set back and smile with the thought someone else had to of seen that stunt too.

Gawd how I luv it when someone else pulls that one off instead of me!

:laugh:Barb

GoddessArtemis
16-02-2008, 14:08
We have a few more days before Merc. goes direct, but its effects last another couple of weeks after it goes direct on the 19th. I've just about had it to HERE with this merc. rx. It kicked my butt in so many ways, it wasn't funny.

I'm ready for it to be done!!

GA

blue_fusion
16-02-2008, 14:22
this has been one of the more horrible merc retros ever (for me). things just got delayed (and my pc got busted twice!).

i remember, there was this one time that the effect was quite reverse. like good surprises kept turning up out of nowhere.

star-lover
18-02-2008, 00:57
just add my tuppence here :D

spilt drink over my laptop and fried it
major communication problems with a dear friend all last week
spent ages cleaning out my old pc of viruses and all sorts
managed to hit the kerb on reversing and bust my exhaust on my car
losing touch with a group of friends online - crossed wires, misunderstandings, moods - all pretty chaotic and alot of damage

things seem to be starting to change though since yesterday and retrieving things/fixing things but not out of the woods just yet

Whitestar
18-02-2008, 01:13
I'm one of those lucky ones who is also having nice revisits from the past....fixing things that went wrong the first time, etc. Whew!

dadsnook2000
18-02-2008, 03:23
In two more days Mercury makes its station and then returns to apparent direct motion at 8 degrees Aquarius. This is my wife's Ascendant degree. In the time that Mercury has been both retrograde AND behind the Sun, things have been quite smooth. I guess things will get back to normal soon enough. Dave

Barbaras Ahajusts
18-02-2008, 06:33
My D drive is being read as NTSF. Which means its being seen as being formatted differently than my C drive. Now its says its corrupt and unreadable. I don't want to clean my hard drives as of yet. Sheesh. (My virus protection is on my D drive and I am naked...yeck..what a sight!)

Merc will be 8 degrees in Aquarius? I have Merc at 6 degrees in Aquarius, my 10th house. Things better get into ship shape in a couple of days or I am gonna start living in the dang nabbed tree tops. I'm fed up with always doing for someone else and then getting kicked in the gut for helping. This is all family stuff, straight out of house 10 where Aquarius is, concerning my natal chart.

I'm done!!! Thats it...no more. I'm going to battle squirrls for nuts and the catfood. I can't stand humans & electronics at this time

ARGH!
:(Barb

dadsnook2000
18-02-2008, 07:22
Remember, no good deed goes unpunished. Dave

star-lover
18-02-2008, 07:32

nooooooooooooooooooo :D

Barbaras Ahajusts
18-02-2008, 10:09
???
What the battle to survive amonst the squirrls or being naked on the internet exposed to all those viruses?

After today, no other retro could equal to what has come down here.

My 10th house is is upside down, ah tell you what!

Puzzled Barb

GoddessArtemis
19-02-2008, 18:48
Is it over? Cuz that sucker was NOT fun!! Might take a few more days/week for Merc to adjust to its direct motion, but I'm glad to see the end of that one. That was just bad....just bad. Ugh.

GA

star-lover
19-02-2008, 19:06
yes ga its over hurrah!!! :D

that was a bad week

GoddessArtemis
19-02-2008, 19:56
yes ga its over hurrah!!! :D

that was a bad weekMake it a bad 3 weeks!

GA

dadsnook2000
19-02-2008, 23:03
No, it is not over! Mercury has made its station and will now be playing catchup with the Sun, passing over its previous points in its retrograde cycle (where it first turned retro, where it conjuncted the Sun, as well as any personal points in your chart that it may have touched). You have to deal with the consequences of those points, if any, and resolve any loose ends.

Dave

Barbaras Ahajusts
19-02-2008, 23:23
In looking at a "here and now" chart at 7:20 am, it looks like Mercury is behind the sun. Is this correct?

No, it is not over! Mercury has made its station and will now be playing catchup with the Sun, passing over its previous points in its retrograde cycle (where it first turned retro, where it conjuncted the Sun, as well as any personal points in your chart that it may have touched). You have to deal with the consequences of those points, if any, and resolve any loose ends. Dave

When you state "personal points" do you think you can be clearer for the newbies who read this thread? Do you mean the straight lines, squares, etc that touch in your natal chart, concerning where Mercury is located for them?

Thanks
Barb

dadsnook2000
20-02-2008, 03:25
Mercury is behind the Sun, zodiac-wise, and will be moving direct, gaining speed and passing the Sun in several weeks.

As Mercury moves from early Aquarius towards Aries and Taurus, it may pass points in anyone's chart where another planet lies. If these points are also where Mercury first made station and turned retrograde, or where Mercury made contact with the Sun during its retrograde motion, then these points are likely to be very sensitive. Interpret those points as Mercury-Sun-Planet combinations or as Mercury-Sun-Angle combinations -- what ever is appropriate.

Other aspects, other than the opposition, are not likely to be seen as being strong or noticeable. Dave

Barbaras Ahajusts
20-02-2008, 04:18
If these points are also where Mercury first made station and turned retrograde, or where Mercury made contact with the Sun during its retrograde motion, then these points are likely to be very sensitive.

So if Merc touched one area, on of our recently really lousey days - pc took a dive, got stuck in the elevator, honey do threw supper at us, then we can look at that day in a more positive light when it returns to pass that point or are we looking at another frustrating day?

:neutral:Barb

dadsnook2000
20-02-2008, 04:30
It's all about your symbols and how you express them. The only thing I can say is that as we get older/smarter we tend to let our symbols express themselves in as many ways as possible. However, once we really mature, the symbols do fit into our lives better and more positively. Well, Saturn, Neptune, Pluto, Saturn with Mars, Pluto with Mercury and Moon may not fit so positively. We have to recognize that the planet-symbols tend to have bad characteristics when it comes to acting as transits. Dave

Sophie
20-02-2008, 05:14
Electronics and postal stuff went beserk, I had a disagreement with a friend (resolved - we are both explosive people who don't bear grudges), but also reconnected with some dear people, and my inner life has really enjoyed this Merc rx. I am looking forward to the next three weeks of resolution, especially with the lunar eclipse in Virgo coming up.

I think it makes a difference that I was born when Mercury was retrograde. I just take rather naturally to these periods, even though missing mail and communication blips can be annoying. Knowing that Mercury is retrograde really helps, I find - instead of panicking or moaning, I just say - oh well, Merc rx, communication and electronics are going to go up the spout, time for some good introspection, and time to reconnect with some loved ones. I mean - why make a fuss about something that happens so often?

YDM42 - I loved reading your story. Wow, two in one go, that's quite an achievement!

star-lover
20-02-2008, 06:49
anyone know what degree merc rx went retro at?

paradoxx
20-02-2008, 06:53
Feb 20th, Sun in Pisces and the full moon in Virgo with a lunar eclipse and a Mars/Pluto opposition between Gemini and Sagittarius, where did all the laughter go?

Mercury direct is a relief, but now we must clean up the mess we have found. (Barbaras Ahajusts, sorry to hear about the loss of your hard drive, things like that happened to me frequently with mercury retrogrades, beware the hidden.) As for communication, we might see the communication issues come into a full circle, anyone feel like a game of Guestures, nothing like visual cues to relieve us of our Taboos.

The full moon/Lunar eclipse might result in an unusual realization of who we are, what we do, what our purposes are, or it could just as easily make us feel as if we are under the influence of hard labor. the lead up to it though will be a nice break from things when we can feel productive and tie up loose ends from hooking onto unwelcome situiatons later on. as alsways with virgo moons, ambigious policies might grate on our nerves like nails on a chalkboard or make us cringe like when a cd shatters in the cd-rom drive (krisshhhhhhhh). Pisces is not a time for delving in deep, you might hit your head---hard, pisces is shallow water.

Taht mars/pluto opposition makes everything touch and go, like observing the grasshopper and the and in zero-grav environments, now where did that queen ant go, which one is red, and which one is black.

Saturn in Virgo is still retrograde, backing up, but not turning around, the virgo energies are subdued and the economic realiites are very similar to previous saturn in virgo times http://planetwaves.net/spiraldoor/2007/articles/top_10.html (topic 8, but the rest is very intersting)

Sophie
20-02-2008, 07:06
Pisces is not a time for delving in deep, you might hit your head---hard, pisces is shallow water. Is it? I've usually found the exact opposite, but then I'm a shallow Pisces, my deep might be your shallow. I've often found things came to me completely naturally and intuitively during a Pisces period - and that I can go as deep as I like, because of it. No fear there.

I can't help asking, reading some of these threads - why are you astrologers all doom-sayers? I practically never read good news on astrology threads. I regularly experience Merc rx as a good thing, but no, everyone goes on about how awful it is. Surely I can't be the only one to relish when things shift gear a little and find real benefit in it? And not to find Pisces shallow?

[rant over]

And I like grasshoppers :D

GoddessArtemis
20-02-2008, 07:25
Did I read this correctly? Pisces...shallow? How shallow is the deepest ocean? No way! I protest.

And what, with us just entering Pisces, this fish is a little mystified by that comment. But perhaps I misunderstood?

GA

Minderwiz
21-02-2008, 03:44
Pisces is indeed the water sign associated with the oceans - Cancer is associated with the shorelines and Scorpio with still and stagnant water.

Sophie
21-02-2008, 06:03
Pisces is indeed the water sign associated with the oceans - Cancer is associated with the shorelines and Scorpio with still and stagnant water.That's what I thought. After all, fish need a lot of water, crabs very little - but they like rocks - and as far as I know, scorpions don't need any - their ocean is the desert (which has its own depths, anyway)

Furnacechant
21-02-2008, 07:51
That's what I thought. After all, fish need a lot of water, crabs very little - but they like rocks - and as far as I know, scorpions don't need any - their ocean is the desert (which has its own depths, anyway)

As to scorpions and water---I had wondered about that myself until I started looking into getting one for a pet (still haven't due to difficulties with keeping them and the cats safe from each other, but would like to) there are many species of scorpion that are native to rainforests, and these need to have a wading pool and intense humidity when in captivity---will even die without it. And desert scorpions have been observed using dismembered crickets as water scoops to collect dew, one of the few instances of tool use among invertebrates. They actually have a comparatively high need for water given their size and other circumstances---so whoever put them in as water signs wasn't so crazy as I had thought!

And not all fish live in the ocean, some ( bettas and the other labyrinth fish, for instance) live in tiny mud puddles except during monsoon season, or in shallow pools in caves.

For what it's worth, I'm Cancer sun, Scorpio moon, and Pisces rising.

Furnacechant
21-02-2008, 07:57
Pisces is indeed the water sign associated with the oceans - Cancer is associated with the shorelines and Scorpio with still and stagnant water.

You know, I don't know if there are such things as river crabs, but I can't help but feel a river is a lot better metaphor for the way Cancers think than a shoreline. The water in it moves along quickly, like changing moods, but you can't change the river's course without dynamite or worse. Then again, you can't easily move a shoreline, either, I suppose, but the movement you see there is so slow and yet so nauseating to be near...(I have somewhat of a phobia of oceans and beaches, though---can't even relax well in a place with nautical-themed decor---so perhaps I'm prejudiced).

Sophie
21-02-2008, 08:05
For what it's worth, I'm Cancer sun, Scorpio moon, and Pisces rising.aka - Wet Wet Wet! ;) - maybe that's why you have a phobia of oceans - TOO MUCH of a good thing! (I love them, myself!)

- very interesting what you have to write about the three signs/animals. I'd no idea about the scorpions. As for crabs - I think craggy shorelines make for challenging terrain...

(Pisces Sun, Mercury, Saturn and Chiron, Cancer Jupiter and Scorpio Mars)

paradoxx
23-02-2008, 02:50
maybe its teh reflections off the water I was thinking about with pisces, I seem to relate to them as quckly moving waterways that crash off of the rocks as they create waterfalls, be careful when walking behind such a waterfall though, you may lose yourself in the sounds. Cancer could be a lake (a great lake perhaps) with the ability to produce winter lake effect snow across an entire city if they are put into a bad mood. Scorpio like to put on the pressure, like the deepest parts of the worlds oceans.

but where do those crawdads fit into.

Starling
23-02-2008, 04:16
For me Scorpio is fixed water - ICE. It it is an ocean, it is the Arctic Ocean. If you are talking about a person's emotions, you are talking about imovable emotions, lasting emotions, unchangeable emotions.

Pisces is mutable water. It is water that is moving and changing and DEEP. These emotions are from the depths of being, the unconscious stream moving to the surface and diving down again into the depths.

Cancer is cardinal water, the beginning of the water cycle again. It is the essential of what water is; where you begin when you think about what water means. It is the water in a cup or the water in the deepest ocean or the essence of a river. It isn't the consistancy of the water or where the water is. These are the emotions that change things as they manifest, much like the river that dug the channel we call the Grand Canyon.

Minderwiz
24-02-2008, 06:09
I can see your logic Starling but remember Scorpio is not a winter sign but an Autumn sign. The water is cold and wet, but it is in a liquid state.

Interestingly the traditional ruler of ice is Saturn, a planet, not a sign. The reasoning behind this seems to be that Saturn is the ruler of structure and rigidity and, of course, ice is the most rigid and structured form of water. Indeed providing the temperature remains low enough, ice holds the structure it has been placed in, even if the container is removed.

As far as I can tell, there isn't a traditional ruler for steam, but I suspect that if the issue arose the ancient astrologers would plump for Jupiter. Firstly because it is associated with expansion and secondly because it is hot and dry (as is steam).

Rulerships take us out of the modern concentration on sun signs and natal astrology and into a realm where we can deal with all aspects of astrology. Thus if you develop an interest in horary astrology or event astrology Saturn and Jupiter have different roles to play, as do the signs.

Starling
25-02-2008, 22:44
I can see your logic Starling but remember Scorpio is not a winter sign but an Autumn sign. The water is cold and wet, but it is in a liquid state.

<grin> But in the artic the water is frozen year round.

I really enjoyed seeing how everyone saw the various signs that we were discussing. I learned a lot from it.

Astrology is more than sun signs, and I know that. I dabbled in horary years ago, but realized that I saw the answers much more clearly in a tarot reading. It isn't that horary doesn't work, because it certainly does, but you really need to know your stuff to work it. I understood tarot better, so it worked better for me.

Minderwiz
26-02-2008, 05:06
You ought to take it up again - you have the right approach and its a fascinating discipline with clearly right or wrong answers :)