Not being able to put two piles of cards together?

gorgeousbutterfly

i just did a reading and i put two piles of card together but it won't do! i can't explain but but there is like space air going and i can't put them together!!! the first card i get is 2 of cups. are the cards telling me something?

Sonia Doris

It is very weird indeed. I was looking around to see alternative meanings of the 2 of cups, but it's very interesting that they won't unite, but still, they tell you of a union. The thing that popped into my mind while browsing through meanings was the element of surprise. I did a deck-to-deck reading once and at that moment I realised that I left out the older deck for the newer and there were some ill feelings between them, but now I think it's ok, as one only works for other people and the other one for me (both are RWS-s), and I don't want to get a new deck because I have these to in such a harmony I don't want to ruin. Maybe it's about ying and yang in your deck relationship too, I would suggest a reading to elaborate their message. Good luck, and let me know of the result, because it's a very interesting matter for me. :-D

Sonki

lark

Usually when that happens to me it it a signal that I'm not done shuffling.

Oracle Modeste

lark said:
Usually when that happens to me it it a signal that I'm not done shuffling.

Agreed, but the 2-Cups, interesting....

I will have to get back to you on that one!

lark

Oracle Modeste said:
Agreed, but the 2-Cups, interesting....

I will have to get back to you on that one!
Yes, two of cups could be saying..."if you want a good union of the cards shuffle more....so two can become one...

gorgeousbutterfly

i keep shuffling and the 2 of cups didn't want to unite with the rest of cards. eh eventually they did.

lark

gorgeousbutterfly said:
i keep shuffling and the 2 of cups didn't want to unite with the rest of cards. eh eventually they did.
Oh I see...well when that happens I would take the 2 of Cups and set it aside as part of the spread, but give it a designation like "what the tarot wants me to see" and then do the spread with the rest of the cards in the deck and see how the 2 of Cups fits into your outcome.

Oracle Modeste

lark said:
Oh I see...well when that happens I would take the 2 of Cups and set it aside as part of the spread, but give it a designation like "what the tarot wants me to see" and then do the spread with the rest of the cards in the deck and see how the 2 of Cups fits into your outcome.

or when that happens to me, I often use the position of "Universal advice", or as an add to the situation. More often then not, it is an indication of what you don't already know, but what is going on around you just below the surface!!!!

its kind of covert, or cloak and dagger...I LOVE IT!!!!

gorgeousbutterfly

i started to shuffle the cards right after talking to my crush and i got the fuzzies and i couldn't stop thinking of him so i think the 2 of cups was on my mind,perhaps?

Oracle Modeste

Perhaps, but the 2-Cups in my eyes signifies a deeper bond and commitment. So what has been on your mind lately, or his for that matter?

It could also be a signal that the relationship between the two of you could be ready to go to another level, and someone is holding back, or perhaps aprehensive for the moment...