Serious doubts about animal oracles ...

ana luisa

I realized now is the time to go for an Animal oracle. I have had a look at several decks and they all seem wonderful. My choice was narrowed down to three and I can´t make up my mind. Please, oracle readers, I need your expert advice. I am really fond of

DRUID ANIMAL ORACLE
SPIRIT OF THE WHEEL
ANIMAL MESSAGES

I don´t really care much for written material, I go more for the images. Which one in your opinion brings you more "intuitive" flashes ? I really appreciate your input :)

BodhiSeed

I have all three of these oracles, and here is my opinion:

Druid Animal Oracle: No deck beats this one for it's luscious, lovely scenes. Will Worthington is a master at painting nature. The only drawback to this deck is that it includes only Celtic animals.

Spirit of the Wheel: Booklet that comes with this deck is very good. The cards are lovely, but the colors seem a bit repetitious. Still, it is my second favorite. A great deck if you find you connect to the Native American Medicine Wheel.

Animal Messages: While there is a great diversity of animals in this deck, I just haven't been able to connect to it for some reason. The art is not as pleasing to my eye; the book that comes with it is pretty good.

Bodhran

Aulruna

For me, there's no question the Spirit of the Wheel would be "it". I only read it intuitively so far, as my knowledge about the Medicine Wheel is pretty thin, and it already gives incredible insights. Great for meditation, too. The images are complex, multi-layered and very evocative, so yes, for me they trigger intuitive flashes in a way that few other decks have ever accomplished!

Druid Animals is much more straightforward, yet contains a good deal of (Celtic) symbolism if you want to probe deeper. The beautifully detailed surroundings of the depicted animals have made it a good jumping point for visual meditations for me.

Animal Messages for me is the most straightforward of the three, it gives wonderfully precise and yet practical answers, especially how to connect with animal guides or particular powers/energies in a given situation. It has not yet taken me farther than that, but it doesn't need to - sometimes, straightforward advice is what you need.

So, while I personally feel the Spirit of the Wheel is the deepest and most versatile, they are all wonderful decks and I recommend you get all of them :D

BodhiSeed

Aulruna said:
So, while I personally feel the Spirit of the Wheel is the deepest and most versatile, they are all wonderful decks and I recommend you get all of them :D

Ah... An oracle lover after my own heart! :D

Bodhran

WolfSpirit

My own favourite is the Druid Animal - lovely warm colours, lush landscapes and Celtic lore.
I also love the other two decks in their own way. It depends what you are looking for, what will give you the best intuitive answers.

The Druid Animal is based on Celtic tradition, the Spirit of the Wheel on Native American, and the Animal Messages is not based on a particular tradition and pictures the animals more in the naturalistic way in their own habitat.

I really love the artwork in the Spirit of the Wheel, my only gripe with this deck is that the pictures are so small and the borders so huge !

Lina1

I have the Druid Animal Oracle, and love it! The illustrations are absolutely stunning and I find it works really well for me :) The only downside I can think of is that the cards are pretty big which means normal shuffling isn't an option, unless you have big hands!

As for the other two, I only just bought the Animal Messages deck today and am awaiting it's arrival, and the Spirit of the Wheel deck is still on my wishlist. Each one seems to be equally lovely yet different from one another, so I say get all three! ;)

Adjustment

ana luisa said:
I realized now is the time to go for an Animal oracle. I have had a look at several decks and they all seem wonderful. My choice was narrowed down to three and I can´t make up my mind. Please, oracle readers, I need your expert advice. I am really fond of

DRUID ANIMAL ORACLE
SPIRIT OF THE WHEEL
ANIMAL MESSAGES

I don´t really care much for written material, I go more for the images. Which one in your opinion brings you more "intuitive" flashes ? I really appreciate your input :)

you may want to check out this wonderful deck:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=80517

ana luisa

Thank you so much for the suggestions!1 It seems I have fallen into a trap and will eventually buy all three (wouldn't that be sweet?). However, my budget is VERY limited now so I may have to start with only one for the time being. I may start off with the Druid. I already own the Druidcraft and the paintings are unbeatable. The animals in this oracle are very well picked so it could be a nice start. BTW, Adjustment, that´s a great oracle. I remember Elven talking about it. Don´t tempt me more, guys!! :)

While looking at the Druid I found out that Philip and Stephanie have another deck called Druid Plant Oracle. Have you seen it? I could only have a glimpse of one card but it looks gorgeous...

Sophie

Working with animal oracles means connecting with animal spirits. Although it's possible to connect with animal spirits from around the world, it's more usual, and easier, to do so when you live near those animals. So I'd go for one that has animals from your part of the world to help you connect with their spirit more naturally and easily. Druid Animal works for me in Europe (and maybe in a few other parts of the Northern Hemisphere) - the animals - with the exception of the arctic hare and the dragons - are all familiar to me (and even the dragons fully part of the European consciousness).

Bear that in mind when you are choosing :)

faunabay

I don't have the Spirit of the Wheel so I can't comment on that one. But my newest favorite is the Animal Messages deck. I connected immediately with all the artwork. :)

Although I have to say the Druid Animal is absolutely beautiful and if you do have the druidcraft they both were done by the same artist and work very well together. And yes, I've seen the Druid Plant Oracle and plan on getting one as soon as it's available in the US. :D

So anyway since you can only by one right now....even though my Animal Messages is my favorite. I think you ought to go for the Druid Animal. It really is gorgeous and like I said, works very well with the Druidcraft!!!

OHHHH! And I have the Animal Dreaming deck too!! You'll have to get that one eventually too!! ROFL It's wonderfully based on Australian animals!!!

Like Wolfspirit said - Animal Messages is the only deck that seems to NOT focus on one area or region for the animals. They're pulled from all over. The others are.....

Spirit of the Wheel - Shamanistic/Native American
Druid Animal - Celtic
Animal Dreaming - Australian