Every reading I do somehow takes the form of the Celtic Cross Spread!

boxxleman

It doesn't matter what question I do, or what spread I pick, it seems like every time I do a spread, it will somehow form itself to fit in with the Celtic Cross spread, even when I choose a 3 card spread! For example, I'll ask it something about my day ... and it will all make sense if I put the next 7 cards down. What's going on? How do I block this damn spread outta my head?

8ofcuper

Maybe something is calling to you with that spread. Or that spread has a deep meaing in your life.

Alta

Hi boxxleman, Not sure why it is so important to not do something. If using the CC is the only way, for now, that readings make sense to you, well keep using that method until you find you are getting what you need with fewer cards. Don't rush it, would be my advice.

inuzrule

Heh, why not try asking why this is happening with the Celtic Cross? ;)

By the way, is this just with one deck?

berrieh

Well, I hate new Spreads, but I know quite a few now. I've created them over the years. Every once and awhile I 'try' a new Spread; it goes awful. The first few times with it are always awful. Of course, I normally have to either create or modify a Spread anyway, to fit my crazy head. :)

But the point is, using the same Spreads is natural... your cards do what they know and communicate with you how you've taught them. It's like playing a song you know perfectly, versus learning a new one. One is going to feel more natural to your hands, and the other is going to create a new perspective. Neither way is wrong or right, but understand the limitations of change, as well as the limitations of staying the same.

Of course, if the Celtic Cross works, why change it?

Or maybe you can change it a little at a time. You know, the Celtic Cross isn't really a Spread perse...it's a genre of Spread which can answer any question and no question at all. I mean, I change position meanings from time to time, and even without that, *your* Celtic Cross probably isn't *my* Celtic cross, etc.