PDA

View Full Version : So Mercury is Going Retrograde...?

GoddessArtemis
24-01-2008, 05:30
Mercury will go retro on Jan. 28 in the sign of Aquarius.

In case any of us could forget about it, the planet is already playing its electronics games on some of us. I've already had several weird and unexplainable situations: 1) I call someone, and the dial tone doesn't even bother to work. Had to try 3x before it worked; 2) I was speaking to someone on the phone (different phone), and they could hear me, but I couldn't hear them; 3) I tried to send a chat IM to a friend online...looked like he was online, but in actually, he wasn't. AND, 4) the web access on my phone is frozen; had to reboot my phone to get it to work. :mad: Grrrr....all of this in one day!! And I'm not the only one with similar electronics problems...heard it from other friends, too.

This is just a pre-warning to say, this retrograde looks like it'll be a good one! Oh, goody - NOT.

GA

ladyprow
24-01-2008, 06:42
yuck- I HATE mercury retrograde...the communicator in me can't handle it! :laugh: Already had scheduling problems, too, and phone problems...

afrosaxon
24-01-2008, 07:01
I started noticing delays last week (I have Gemini rising) and definite communication problems (like I was speaking Swahili or something! :laugh:).

robotic
24-01-2008, 07:11
Yes, I am already having problems with getting paid for tutoring I did last semester. I keep sending e-mails with no response! I sent an e-mail two weeks ago about when I'd get paid, and I heard nothing, so I sent another one asking if they had gotten my last e-mail, and the only response I got was "yes." I haven't gotten my money for it yet, either. :(

HOW ANNOYING!

Laucian
24-01-2008, 07:47
I was in shock Monday that I was already getting the influence of this Mercury Rx. First I tried my favorite ATM because I was using my PayPal Debit card and a local University Credit Union doesn't charge Foreign ATM usage fees. Well, it blocked me do to "Equipment Errors... please try again later", so I had to go to my bank and use their ATM at a $2 charge to get my PayPal Funds. Then I went to a bar and wanted to play with the Juke Box. !!! It said "Juke Box on Pause... please try again later."

grr.

So i looked in my ephemeris and I didn't do the easy math to it, but just at a glance - Monday appears to be the day it began to slow down.

Embla
24-01-2008, 09:24
Does anybody know if Mercury retrograde can cause sleeping problems? Because here in Sweden nobody has been sleeping well since Monday.

phoenixblu
24-01-2008, 09:37
Does anybody know if Mercury retrograde can cause sleeping problems? Because here in Sweden nobody has been sleeping well since Monday.

Same here at work... we're all on such a downer at work teachers and students... i just want to sleep...

communication wise.. im just giving up and any number i tries to call isnt in service.. urgh...

OrbWeaver
24-01-2008, 10:04
So far, no problems with my phone, and suprisingly my internet at my apartment has been very solid. But the norm for the latter is to constantly disconnect and reconnect, so maybe the retrograde is affecting my internet connection positively. XD

Mercury retrograde may also explain my sudden personality shift...

phoenixblu
24-01-2008, 10:36
So far, no problems with my phone, and suprisingly my internet at my apartment has been very solid. But the norm for the latter is to constantly disconnect and reconnect, so maybe the retrograde is affecting my internet connection positively. XD

Mercury retrograde may also explain my sudden personality shift...

yes im a grade A... moooo at the moment... everyone annoys me!!

dadsnook2000
24-01-2008, 12:19
On Jan. 13, over a week ago, Mercury passed the zodiac point (8-23 Aquarius) where it would later retrograde to, and then turn direct.

On Jan. 28, in a few days, Mercury will turn retrograde at 23-48 Aquarius.

On Feb. 7th, Mercury and Sun were conjunct at 17 Aquarius.

On Feb. 18th, just 21 days later (a short retrograde period), Mercury will turn direct at 8-23 Aquarius -- where it passed on Jan. 13th.

On March 10th, Mercury will pass the point where it turned retrograde.

Mercury catches up with the Sun on April 16th at 26 Aries.

These are the dates that everyone should watch relative to what happens to them and what is contacted in their chart. Then, we can learn a bit about what Mercury does for/to us rather than just speculate. Dave

Barbaras Ahajusts
24-01-2008, 12:35
Dave,
If it wasn't for the teaching aspect of your post, I would yell out for a rope to chase you down! (just joking!)

I am noting these dates in my monthly calendar. I'm finding astrology is more accurate that the tarot. No one hit me over that observation, please. I just find I can bank on what is going on up above.

:)Barb

franniee
24-01-2008, 12:55

I think you can chalk that up to the full moon! This one was a dozey! I haven't slept in a few days!!! :(

dadsnook2000
24-01-2008, 12:56
Sometimes I just get frustrated over the "astro-babble" that doesn't relate what one observed or felt or did to an astrological factors. We have a chat forum, but this is an astrology forum. I'm not a moderator, but every once in awhile it seems appropriate to nudge everyone back to where they include a bit of astrology in their communications.

I only monitor and post here because I'm into tarot cards and readings. I'm currently working with the Study Group forum, guiding the 21 Ways to Read A Tarot Card list. I'm involved in serious astrology on other lists and try to help and guide some of the people here. It's why I created the Planet Series of posts and encouraged everyone to post their charts. It''s just the nature of the world that many may be interested in astrology, but only a very few actually take if very far. We are fortunate to have several capable people that post here regularly. Dave

franniee
24-01-2008, 13:08
On Jan. 13, over a week ago, Mercury passed the zodiac point (8-23 Aquarius) where it would later retrograde to, and then turn direct.

On Jan. 28, in a few days, Mercury will turn retrograde at 23-48 Aquarius.

On Feb. 7th, Mercury and Sun were conjunct at 17 Aquarius.

On Feb. 18th, just 21 days later (a short retrograde period), Mercury will turn direct at 8-23 Aquarius -- where it passed on Jan. 13th.

On March 10th, Mercury will pass the point where it turned retrograde.

Mercury catches up with the Sun on April 16th at 26 Aries.

These are the dates that everyone should watch relative to what happens to them and what is contacted in their chart. Then, we can learn a bit about what Mercury does for/to us rather than just speculate. Dave

OK I am with you Dave... but I am not sure how to apply it... aquarius is in my 10th and 11th houses... and I have nothing but a node... the one that looks like a u (sorry can't remember if it is north or south). So does this mean that it will have little to no effect? I am a virgo with taurus rising... Being a virgo usually means that I am effected by merc Rx but not always...

I am not worried I am just curious especially since you brought up the exact movement of merc....

here's the deal this is my natal chart... is it even valid or must I figure a progressed chart.

I was in a shop the other day and this woman said ah a fire sign.... and I said NO I am an earth sign - as a matter of fact I am double earth with earth at the top of my chart making almost a grand trine. She said... well that is your natal chart.... you are probably progressed to scorp by now...

I am so confused! :laugh: I am firey! no doubt always have been....but there isn't any fire in my chart. Venus is in leo along with uranus...??? but that is it...

And i would love to join the study group if you have room..... I need to learn more - I do love it. thanks
f

Barbaras Ahajusts
24-01-2008, 13:18
Heres one for you, Dave. Because of the babbling we do over what Mars or Merc has done or rather how its affected us, I am learning more that just reading a book or your posts!
So its a combination of everything that is helping us grow.

Unfortunatly we don't all learn the same way, so untill someone shoots us ;) babbling away and then trying to understand how things relate in our chart to what is going on up there, is what you are saddled with.

I know, its like teaching a bunch of rowdy hormonal teenagers at times, but hey, having fun while we learn makes it so much easier to remember things!

Just try to ignor us if we get to loud or obnoxious. We are still in the learning stages.

Hugs Dave!

Barbara Ann

dadsnook2000
24-01-2008, 13:24
The "u" symbol is the Moon's South Node which typically symbolizes the skills you seem to naturally have, the manner is which you most easily interact with others. The North Node indicates where and how you should be headed in terms of developing new associations and opportunities. With the South Node in the 10th or 11th house area of your chart, it suggests that you have friends and work well with them. As a support circle, they could be quite helpful in many areas.

Mercury making contacts in this area might contact your MC angle as well as the South Node. Mercury denotes communication, perception, travel, how you organize and recall information, letters and explanations -- the meanings you use need to fit the context you apply them to. Mercury and Node contacts often represent an exchange of ideas and opinions, making plans, talking with friends or associates. Just some ideas. Dave

franniee
24-01-2008, 13:33
The "u" symbol is the Moon's South Node which typically symbolizes the skills you seem to naturally have, the manner is which you most easily interact with others. The North Node indicates where and how you should be headed in terms of developing new associations and opportunities. With the South Node in the 10th or 11th house area of your chart, it suggests that you have friends and work well with them. As a support circle, they could be quite helpful in many areas.

Mercury making contacts in this area might contact your MC angle as well as the South Node. Mercury denotes communication, perception, travel, how you organize and recall information, letters and explanations -- the meanings you use need to fit the context you apply them to. Mercury and Node contacts often represent an exchange of ideas and opinions, making plans, talking with friends or associates. Just some ideas. Dave

Thank you Dave!!!! :heart:

South Node.. :) I will get it all one of these days and just look out! :laugh:

My MC is in Cap conjuncting my sat & Jup but I will check the transits... since merc is so fast I am sure it will hit them possibly in the next few days but not while it is in RX according to your dates etc...

Exchange of ideas.... i had that today... and definitely got my point across - felt good. I haven't been understood by this person in awhile.... so this was a good break through. Thanks again Dave!! :heart:

OrbWeaver
24-01-2008, 16:16
I think making note of those dates is a great idea! Though I didn't realize the posting of said dates was done out of annoyance until I read the rest of this thread.

Anyway, dadsnook (Dave?)'s annoyance or no, I do agree that making notes of those dates and noting down anything unusual at the time is a good idea. Speculation IS fun, I admit, but we might get something more solid if we note down what happens. :)

Wonderwoman
24-01-2008, 17:10
I just realized that I am actually looking forward to this retrograde! My last retro wasnt too shabby, it brought some people back into my life (in good standing) I hope It does the same thing again! :)

dadsnook2000
25-01-2008, 00:11
** On Jan. 28, in a few days, Mercury will turn retrograde at 23-48 Aquarius. This will be in opposition to my natal Mars. My natal Mars and Mercury are in a "yod" pattern with Saturn -- Saturn in the 10th, Mars in the 3rd, Mercruy in the 5th. Whenever this pattern has been activated it always seems to tie in with some form of writing project. Since I'm in the re-write phase of a new astrology book on personal prediction, I'm sure that something will come to the front this weekend.

** On Feb. 18th, just 21 days later (a short retrograde period), Mercury will turn direct at 8-23 Aquarius -- where it passed on Jan. 13th. This is square my natal Uranus in Taurus, in the natal 11th. I'm not sure that this will be anything big for me as Mercury and Uranus are not involved in any natal mutual pattern.

** On March 10th, Mercury will pass the point where it turned retrograde. If there was anything that came up relative to writing on/around the 28th, then I'd expect that issue to resolve itself and move to a conclusion on this date.

Just some thoughts on how to look at this retro period for Mercury. Dave

franniee
25-01-2008, 00:24
actually that helps Dave. If I can see how it is applied I can understand it better.... which is why I always bring my chart into it. :D But bringing in yours or someone elses for that matter works just as well. Thank you!

It's hard when you are trying to learn to be able to apply it without examples. :)

Barbaras Ahajusts
25-01-2008, 04:49
I'm looking at Merc on my chart (natal)
I already have Mercury at 6 Aquarius 17" 17".
There are straight lines that run from her to my Moon in Libra, Saturn in Scorpio & Venus in Sagatarius.

Merc is starting out in my 10th house but will go back into my 11th.

If I understand this, as Merc trasps backwards (rather the illusion of this trip) she should affect all 3 houses that are linked "lines that run to" to her.

6th house, Moon in Libra / *6th house= Romance, children, fun etc.
7th house, Saturn in Scorpio / *7th house= Relationships/Partners
8th house, Venus in Sagatarius / *8th house= change

Is this correct or am I looking at to many things?

Barb

Sophie
25-01-2008, 07:44
On the day Mercury goes retrograde, it squares my natal Neptune in the 6th house, which is involved in a Grand Trine in Water - with my natal Jupiter and Saturn. No idea what that indicates, except a lot of blurry stuff around health. I hope that's not a bad sign, as I start my next intensive course in reflexology that day :D

Around the 12th Feb, it sextiles my natal Moon in the 7th House, which squares my natal Sun and Mercury (they are conjunct). The Sextile is almost exact, as is the natal square Sun-Moon. Does that make the square stronger, or does it soften it? (because of the sextile)? This configuration repeats itself some time between the 28th and the 29th Feb.

On the 15th Feb, Mercury sextiles my natal Venus in Aries, in the 11th house. That one trines (a wide trine - 3 degrees) my natal Moon (actually a trine I feel quite strongly in reality). Does it support or undermine the trined Venus and Moon? (in other words, will I have a good Valentine's or will I be feeling rotten the next day? :D). This configuration is repeated some time between the 23rd and the 24th Feb.

On the 17th Feb, Mercury squares almost to a minute my natal North node in Taurus in the 12th house, and it does so again on the 19th. That node is involved in a wide sextile with my natal sun and mercury and squares (wide) my natal MC. Does that mean a setback for me developing new professional skills, a challenge, an advance, or not much because of the wideness of the aspects and the transience of the influence?

These are the most salient transits I can see. I have MC in Aquarius 530' - would that counts as a wide conjunction on the last day of the retrograde? Nothing in Leo, a Gemini ascendant that trines my MC at Gemini 3 15'.

dadsnook2000
25-01-2008, 10:13
For Barbaras Ahajusts:
A retrograde Mercury will not likely go from the 10th to the 11th, a direct Mercury would. But, your observation that the natal Mercury, being linked to other planets and houses is valid when transiting Mercury moves across/near natal Mercury. It activates those patterns. You should expect that however these patterns work out in a general sense within your life, would now exhibit a more significant expression at these times.

For Fudugazi:
If Mercury has no natal pattern-association with those three grand-trine planets then Mercury is not likely to overly stimulate the trine, but it will tend to make the three (Jupiter, Saturn, Neptune) find a clearer way to accommodate each planet's role in your chart. In my experience, a grand-trine doesn't so much "blend" the planets as it "allows" each to take turns in expressing itself. This would suggest "go, stop, question" experiences -- how can this be rationalized?

Your Feb. 17th concerns should be short-lived as Mercury moves fast and tends not to have a "lasting" effect. The Nodal axis and square to MC can be affected, perhaps bringing a verbal or mental challenge relating to your goals.
This can be positive and reflective of what you are doing then. A little poise in working with associates should carry you through any minimal upsets.

For all:
If Mercury is hooked into another planet(s) through an aspect pattern, and if this retrograde and direct Mercury touches off any planet in that natal aspect pattern, then the pattern will be activated. Its kind of simple that way. If Mercury contacts natal planets that it has no natal aspect links to, then any Mercury activation will be a lot less and pass more quickly.
Dave

Barbaras Ahajusts
25-01-2008, 10:34
Dave,
I hate to admit this, but can you pretty please talk down to me?

...But, your observation that the natal Mercury, being linked to other planets and houses is valid when transiting Mercury moves across/near natal Mercury. It activates those patterns. You should expect that however these patterns work out in a general sense within your life, would now exhibit a more significant expression at these times....

In simpler terms, does this mean Rx Merc will have an impact on these houses? Will it be for good or bad being being an rx?
(Edited...I caught the end of your post and understood it. Now I am looking at this rx Merc to be easier on my 6,7 & 8th houses. Great! Thanks so much Dave!!!!)

Thanks hon!

Barb

Barbaras Ahajusts
25-01-2008, 11:14
An old You Tube class on Mercury in Retrograde.
I just now realized there are mini classes and people talking up a storm on astrology.
I especially enjoyed the one on Pluto in Capricorn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKkv9y16QCI&feature=related

Barb

berrieh
25-01-2008, 12:30
I'm not sure if this is the right place, or if I should post a new thread. The upcoming retrograde has my interest piqued, because there is a certain person whom changes only happen with in Mercury Retrogrades.

We were close for very little of last year, but we became close during the first Retro (Feb/March), reconnected and enriched our bond during the second one (June/July)---we hadn't lost touch in between, but we had kind of not really connected and we'd barely seen each other. We did fight a bit and lose touch over the Summer, but we repaired our bond during the third Mercury Retro (mid to late Oct). During the Mercury Retros of the past year, we talked nearly every day... that was not true of any other time.

Strange, no?

Does that say our strange friendship bond is doomed? Very important to our past somehow? Just weird? Any astrological thoughts. I know very little, but I watched that YouTube and did decide to look at past (as he says, we study the past to learn to predict the future), especially at past Mercury Retrogrades and this came out quite strong.

This particular person and I had a moment of closeness earlier this week, and I kind of wonder if it won't be another new closeness for this upcoming Retro. Weird. Anyone else have a Retro buddy? Does this mean something? The dates line up almost exactly with every single one.

dadsnook2000
25-01-2008, 13:04
For Barbaras Ahajusts:
We need to consider two broad issues relative to Mercury retrograde.

First, when Mercury turns retrograde it is ahead of the Sun in terms of where it is in the zodiac. It is where the Sun has yet to go. Mercury is clear headed, able to "see" without being influenced by the ego, one's desires or intent. When Mercury turns retrograde it "falls" back towards or into the Sun. Then it moves backward some more and ends up behind the Sun. Even when it again turns direct, it is "behind" the Sun's position in the zodiac, it covers ground (so to speak) that the Sun has covered, it is shaped by the Sun's intent, direction, sense of self -- in other words, Mercury sees things as it is told to see them, it talks "politically correctly".

Mercury retrograde and Mercury-direct-but-behind-the-Sun carries the Sun's garbage. If the Sun has tough aspects, that Sun-view-of-the-world colors Mercury functions of thinking, organizing, communicating. Mercury ahead of the Sun does its own Mercury-thing without regard to the Sun and its aspects.

Second, how does a retrograde Mercury affect your planets when it makes an aspect-contact with them?

1) If Mercury makes contact with a planet while it is retrograde and still "ahead" of the Sun, it seems to understand how that planet would like to express itself and cooperate with other planets that it might aspect.

2) If Mercury makes contact with a planet while retrograde and behind the Sun, it helps that planet express itself in terms of what the Sun wants and how the Sun functions. Mercury is the Sun's "gopher".

3) When Mercury goes direct, but is still behind the Sun zodiac-wise, it becomes more of a "nag" or "organizer" to serve the Sun's purpose. The planets that are contacted in this phase are urged to act as if the Sun was in aspect to them.

4) When Mercury is direct and ahead of the Sun in terms of its zodiac position, Mercury helps the planet to express itself in its true nature without regard to the Sun's natal influence by sign and house and aspects.

Does this help? Dave
Edited to add: You won't find this stuff in the books. Your responsibility is to test this in your chart to see if its true. Don't just believe me because I said it was so.

Barbaras Ahajusts
25-01-2008, 13:18
Dave,
You continue to amaze me!:bugeyed:
Ok..I got it.
I am also printing this last post of yours up with the other and will follow it for this retrograde.
(The information behind the sun and garbage, and gopher, was more than I have ever heard! Whew!)

Thank you so much! Now this is teaching! I luv it! Its funner when I understand what the heck is going on, besides that I seem to argue more with people than I normally do!

Again....thank you!

:DBarb

GoddessArtemis
29-01-2008, 05:37
Finally Merc is rx today, and the morning began with the clock in at my work not working. :laugh: Sent everyone into a tizzy, but I had to laugh and think, "Here we go".

The next 3-4 weeks should be interesting...

GA

Barbaras Ahajusts
29-01-2008, 07:16
Does getting punched in the nose and then the mouth count? :D Hubby was dreaming and I got it! :bugeyed: :laugh:

I finally got smart and printed up todays chart on my WOW program. I understand Dave's "Talking down to Mercury" so much better. One part of that post that had me stumped was being behind the Sun yet, direct. I rechecked the date it would do that, and then I saw that Merc doesnt' travel that far in retro. (But it does a bang up job in screwing around with communications while in the 9th house.)

Mercury is 23.51 today. Hey, maybe since boxer hubby's Moon is 26 Aquarius maybe those strange dreams is the reason he likes my face while he is dreaming? :laugh: He did say he saw a red light and thought he saw he go along the side of his bed and was trying to grab at it! :neutral: :laugh:

My Mercury is in Aquarius 6 so its not my fault I seem to be his punching bag. I'm behind the both of them! :D:D:D

:)Barb

YDM42
29-01-2008, 09:57
Good Question, here in USA down south I am not sleeping well at all..up all night, when I do sleep in the morning its only a couple of hours. Does anybody know if Mercury retrograde can cause sleeping problems? Because here in Sweden nobody has been sleeping well since Monday.

I just looked an my Mercury, what ever that means, and its with my rising sign is Sagittarius- maybe thats why I'm restless. It's way too much, I worry about not sleeping.

Mercury Conjunction Uranus 109
Mercury Sextile Neptune 515
Mercury Conjunction Pluto 303
Mercury Virgo 949'20 in house 9 direct

Barbaras Ahajusts
29-01-2008, 11:34
I'm still not sure about how to figure out or even understand sextiles, conjuncts etc.
What I did do, was open up my astrology program and print up the daily chart. (The here and now chart) Then I compared it to my natal chart.

I dread going to sleep tonight. I know what I have been going through isn't the effect of the full moon. Its over and done with.

Barb in Texas

YDM42
29-01-2008, 11:54
I dont know either ...all I know is that sleep wont come.

YDM42
29-01-2008, 11:57
I don't know either ...all I know is that sleep wont come. And honestly I am beginning to think that what is reported in astrology is really in a time lag- I mean the effects take place and sometimes even the visual aspects of the phenomena take place before it says it should take place in the news and in the media...what's up with that. For example the full moon was a day ahead as were the effects....is the reporting wrong or is it just the illusion of the constructs of "human" time?

GoddessArtemis
29-01-2008, 14:21
I'm sooo mad!! I lost my cell phone case, and I've had it for a year...in great shape!! Merc. rx. is definitely playing games and I don't like it!!!

GA

GoddessArtemis
31-01-2008, 05:39
Is it just my imagination, or is this Merc rx kicking my a**? It's been a rough ride since the get-go...and we're only into day TWO.

Anyone else struggling?

GA

Barbaras Ahajusts
31-01-2008, 07:01
YES. The sleep thing is rough. I am watching people all around me misunderstand each other and even I have bit at my youngest daughter.

Its gonna be one fun ride, we all know it so lets just get drunk and stay that way. Sigh.:neutral:
OH..but I didn't get beat up last night as I slept!

Now the night before I threw my arms up in front of my face cause I thought he was going to set on my head. I'm not lying! I told him it was a Froudian thing he had going on!!!! :bugeyed: ;)

Barb

Alissa
01-02-2008, 02:56
Alissa wonders why she has to be 9 months pregnant and due any time during this Merc ret?

Maybe I'll deliver once it goes direct... sheesh.

Barbaras Ahajusts
01-02-2008, 04:12
OMG! On top of this retro, Pluto dancing around Cap and who knows what else...you are 9 mths along?
Ok, even with this evil, illusive sleep factor and constant hot flashes, I do not have any right to complain next to you, Alissa!
(I hand over my owie-waa,waa crown to Alissa...)
I step aside and let you have the soap/bitch/astrology box! Poor baby!

Wow!
:bugeyed:I am so daft at times, I just plain forgot! You must be completely miserable!!

Barbara

GoddessArtemis
01-02-2008, 04:55
I just got stuck in the elevator!! Is that remotely related to Merc rx? Not really, elevators are not about communication, but this week has been ROUGH. So I'm blaming Merc rx for everything...

GA

Alissa
01-02-2008, 05:30
OMG! On top of this retro, Pluto dancing around Cap and who knows what else...you are 9 mths along?
Ok, even with this evil, illusive sleep factor and constant hot flashes, I do not have any right to complain next to you, Alissa!
(I hand over my owie-waa,waa crown to Alissa...)
I step aside and let you have the soap/bitch/astrology box! Poor baby!

Wow!
:bugeyed:I am so daft at times, I just plain forgot! You must be completely miserable!!

Barbara
Hehehehe, nah I'm hanging out and riding it through but I always appreciate the good thoughts my dear! I just hope this doesn't come down to car trouble on the day it's time to make the dash to the hospital! Or some snowstorm that shuts down roads and I end up delivering in the back seat of the car like a bad B-movie cliche.

dadsnook2000
01-02-2008, 08:13
Elevators would seem to fit quite nicely into the Mercury keyword system of "short distance travel" and "movement". Dave

Barbaras Ahajusts
01-02-2008, 09:18
Oh my. Then this means my sister needing new valves on her heater & ac system in her truck is part of Merc retro too.

I told her it was, but was beginning to doubt myself! :bugeyed:!
Thanks Dave!

Barb (who is trying to teach anyone who will listen to watch for these things..:D)

GoddessArtemis
01-02-2008, 14:56
Elevators would seem to fit quite nicely into the Mercury keyword system of "short distance travel" and "movement". DaveEven though I know you're serious, Dave, that's funny: "short distance travel". :laugh:

Wonder why Merc is kicking my booty this time around...in Aquarius?? I hardly have any planets in Aquarius, except for North Node, I believe. The Universe needs to pick on someone else already...

GA

dadsnook2000
01-02-2008, 21:58
The North Node is about the associations we need to make, the mutual efforts that can lead us to new challenges, the social areas we might neglect because we are too busy using our South Node associations and skills that we have become overly dependent upon. Our journey in life has to move us from the South Node to the North Node, it is said.

Of course, I don't follow my own advice. I use all my South Node qualities as tools to help me explore the North Node. Maybe that's the way it should be, but I don't see that in the books. Perhaps that is a form of denial. Whatever, I live my chart but I don't use my chart to guide my life. I like the daily surprises. Dave

Furnacechant
02-02-2008, 12:19
I've just heard there's been some kind of major internet outage in India, thus affecting many of the numerous corporations who outsource to there---certainly sounds fitting for Mercury retrograde.

Under the heading of short-distance travel---I just went down the street a few blocks for some Chinese take-out, then discovered I'd locked my keys in the car---and it is COLD out here. Thankfully the owner of the restaurant was kind enough to give me a free pot of hot oolong tea and a seat in a booth while I waited for the locksmith.