Empress.. who is she for you ?

memries

I have been trying for a while to get a feel for the Empress to no avail.
It escapes me to find a celebrity or personage who shows the characteristics of the Empress. At first I thought Queen Elizabeth but that is too easy and I don't know enough about her. Also she is not very friendly and it seemed to me an Empress would lend a kind ear to the people she serves in that capacity.

Then I thought maybe Oprah but something just does not quite fit. Or maybe I am incorrect in that thought and she is the Empress character.

Any ideas ?

Skysteel

memries said:
I have been trying for a while to get a feel for the Empress to no avail.
It escapes me to find a celebrity or personage who shows the characteristics of the Empress. At first I thought Queen Elizabeth but that is too easy and I don't know enough about her. Also she is not very friendly and it seemed to me an Empress would lend a kind ear to the people she serves in that capacity.

Then I thought maybe Oprah but something just does not quite fit. Or maybe I am incorrect in that thought and she is the Empress character.

Any ideas ?

Mother Theresa

Embla

Queen Rania of Jordan!

“Empowering women today is, perhaps, the single greatest legacy we can bestow upon our children. Our daughters, watching in admiration, will be inspired to emulate our initiatives and excel in their chosen fields. Our sons, proud of the positive changes they see not only in their families but also in society, will recognize the value of empowering women. Ultimately, we will all benefit from a more cohesive and active global community, renowned for respecting each other and proud of the strong foundations it has built, together.” (Excerpts from forward by Queen Rania in the Jordan River Foundation Greece catalogue)

http://www.queenrania.jo/

Sulis

Skysteel said:
Mother Theresa

Mother Theresa was a nun, not how I think of The Empress at all...

The Empress is sexual and sensual. She lives her life through her senses, she enjoys things, she's all about abundance.
She's creative, giving, nurturing but she's also all woman; sexy and gorgeous.
She's royal too and is in charge of all that she surveys but as you say, she's a kind ruler who cares about her people deeply.

I think Queen Elizabeth I would be more a High Priestess than an Empress. I can't think who I'd say was an Empress type but that's because I'm not too good with celebrities. I think your idea of Oprah is quite good but the fact that she doesn't have children puts me off that idea a bit.

Skysteel

Sulis said:
Mother Theresa was a nun, not how I think of The Empress at all...

Ignore the religious stuff; focus on the personality. Giving, nurturing, mothering...the Empress is basically ones nurturing figure, however like or unlike she (or he) is to idealized motherhood. Now that I think about it some more - Madonna.

Seafra

"To go from mortal to Buddha, you have to put an end to karma, nurture your awareness, and accept what life brings." Bodhidharma

I see the Empress as she whom I wish to be, the vibration I long to be settled into. Big dream - my son Jack answers a question, "I am Mother Nature's son."

Lordy that sounds kinda creepy, but it is true.

Blessings - Seafra

Edited to add: Showed my RWS Empress to my SO and asked him who it brought to mind, famous or not, living or dead, and he told me "You" and I'm feeling good right now. **SMILE**

starrystarrynight

I don't know "who" would exemplify the Empress, either...

...but I think she is, to any man, the perfect woman.

[Maybe the ideal Madonna/Whore combination (in the eyes of a man.) (And I'm not talking about Madonna, the singer.)]

PentQueen

The Empress for me is actually, my mother. This card is her...for better or for worse. And everytime she gets near my deck, its the first card that pops out.

I didn't understand the Empress for a long time, becuase I don't feel personally connected to this card, but the more I've learned about the card, the more I've learned about my own mother and all of her dimensions...I think the Empress is a true woman--multi-faceted.

Of all the feminine archetypes, I connect most with the Queen of Pents (obviously :) ), I'm generally kind, honest, practical and open to others--often to a fault. I think the PentQueen has been my view of womanhood for so long. I've looked at my own mother--the Empress, and have despised her lack of practicality, her laziness, her oversensuality, her smothering, her overflowing emotions...but I've slowly learned to realize that as weak as she can appear to be, she's also equally tough as nails. She'll let you know when she's pissed and knows when it's appropriate to be selfish--as opposed to the Queen of Pents, who I feel can yield to easily to others. That's pretty cool! :)

Anyway, I just wanted to share this, becuase reading your question sparked an immediate response: "well, she's my mother of course!" :)

As far as celebrities go, I think Angelina Jolie would make a pretty good Empress, actually! Sexual, sensual, giving, growing, selfish, emotional, intelligent, strong-willed--all Empress, to me. I think Oprah is the Queen of Swords, and agree with Queen Elizabeth being the High Priestess.

memries

The above answers are all really interesting. I am thinking of maybe a list incorporating ideas.. how would that be ? I am typing them as they appeared in the replies. Embla I could not get your website suggested opened.

Spiritual, holy
Led by love
Powerful..in charge
Able to inspire respect and, as well, for each other
Sexual, sensual
Lives through senses
Enjoyment of everything
Abundance
Royal bearing
Kindly
Giving, nuturing, loving
The Perfect Woman
A True woman..multi faceted
Knows when to be annoyed and when appropriate to
be selfish
Tough

Examples: Madonna
Angeline Jolie

I don't quite know what to make of her ! Any more ideas I will add them to the list ? I certainly cannot pin her down to a personage and I could not get Embla's site open. I do not know much about Queen Rania.

sweet_intuition

Skysteel said:
Ignore the religious stuff; focus on the personality. Giving, nurturing, mothering...the Empress is basically ones nurturing figure, however like or unlike she (or he) is to idealized motherhood. Now that I think about it some more - Madonna.

I don't know you, but I so love you!!