My stones thread, updates on the collection and knowledge sharing

Sebastin

Some years ago I got lots of different crystals and I had them sometimes when sleeping or carried with me. I was heavily drawn to these pieces of earth and rock. It all started from silver and amethyst and overall Iv always been interested on nature after all, it's all microcosmos macrocosmos.

At the time when I used the stones a lot I had the best dreams ever. Then I started to lose interest on the stones, I felt them sorta drawning away, I planned digging a hole in somewhere forest in the ground and pick them up after 20 years or smthn.. :D but then kinda forget the stones for a long time. Until one day some years later just recently I felt this huge need for my lapis lazuli. It took few days until I took the time to find the stones. And how beautiful those are. Some of the stones that I remembered where loosing color was gotten colors back. Stones are true power tools.

Few days ago I went to a stone shop looking for one stone but instead I got these new stones:

Topaz blue
Topaz yellow/orange
Selenite
Ruby
Emerald

Topaz and Emerald are new in my collection. I havent worked much with ruby and cant really say anything about it. But Selenite, huh it's a powerful stone. The topazes are very strong on energy, strong and warm. I cant believe how strong topaz is. With the emerald I cant say none about it yet. Maybe ive gotten some emerald energy too but been working with topazes mostly. I look forward to see how the emerald feels :) Im thinking of getting few more stones. I want more tourmalines! Too bad it's rare. Im drawn to those wands. I have green, blue, black and watermelon tourmalines.

What are your thought on these stones?

Im also thinking are the stones cleansed in this time when I wasn't using and forgot them? How important is to bath the stones in salt and water and etcetra cleansing?

HearthCricket

Hi Sebastin! I am glad you have some new found interest in your minerals and crystals! It is amazing how we can try to walk away from them only to have them call us back! I have not worked with emerald before, but topaz is my birthstone. I have a few pieces of lovely soft natural blue polished topaz that I find very healing and almost water-like. Powerful, but in a gentle way. The golden imperial topaz (and citrine) are very strong and have a lot of energy to them. My rubies are still something I am trying to figure out. I feel like they are trying to tell me something, but not sure what. I found myself drawn to them over the autumn, so there was an interesting depth and as they are so precious I placed them in front of statues as offerings, which I do often.

Right now I am surrounded by soothing stones-pink opals, blue lace agate, carnelian, rose quarts, pyrite (very grounding), amazonite, aqua aura, amethyst and angelite. I also am craving to go to the local store to see what grabs my attention and why! It is a fun and interesting experience.

When I cleanse my stones I never use salt. I find salt can be damaging to things. I choose clean spring water, passing through incense and placing in the window for moonlight-never sunlight. 3 days and feel they are cleansed and ready for action. Also put them with clear quartz and citrine to help cleanse them.

Happy stone adventures!

morticia monroe

Hello Sebastin!

Good to see you and thanks for sharing you dream experiences. I have been curious to try sleeping with a few of my stones and I have to ask exactly what you do with them....do you put them under your pillow? On the nightstand next to the bed? Hold them? I tried sleeping with a stone once, and although I had some wild dreams, it took me forever to find it when I woke up.

I love emeralds also. And I found this chunk of raw ruby on e-bay that I'm salivating for..I've bought some gorgeous stones in the last few months and I just feel ...better....having them in the house. They are fairly large pieces, usually rough stones in matrix. I just feel soothed having them around. I just bought a large 6 inch piece of white matrix with dozens of garnets and aquamarine on it. And my rock tumbler is still rolling......

I've never really cleansed my stones in a ritual way, but if they look dirty, I clean them. (I don't know a whole lot about stones, I just know that I love them). I did clean my quartz crystals but that's only because they were dug straight out of the ground and covered in red clay.

Let me know how things go for you with the emeralds and rubies..they're on my "wondering about them" list.

best wishes,
Morticia