Friendship Compatibilities

maestrojay

I am a virgo (Sept 21) and I am constantly wondering how compatible i am with other people based on their astrology signs.Can anyone point me in the right direction of sites that can help with the friendship compatibilites, and not the romantic ones. Or even a brief description of virgo compatibilities with all the signs? I'm sorry if this is posted somewhere already but usually the compatibilities deal with romance and not friendship.

Starling

I am not an expert astrologer, but I know enough to tell you that it doesn't actually work that way sun sign to sun sign.

As an example I am a Taurus married (for 47 years tomorrow) to an Aquarius. Most sun sign stuff says that we wouldn't be compatible. But his Sun and Venus in Aquarius occupy the exact same degree as my Mars in Aquarius in the 7th House. And there are more contacts too including contacts to both my Saturn and his Saturn which makes the whole thing very stable.

I did a friend's chart many years ago and checked it against mine. Once again we had multiple contacts, including Saturn contacts, between our charts. We have been best friends for 30 years. During most of that time we haven't lived in the same state or even been able to visit occasionally.

Minderwiz

Starling is quite right, compatibility rests on far more than Sun signs, as does out personality. We would need to compare natal charts or analyse a composite chart based on both natal charts.

The approach to a friendship compatibility analysis would be similar to that for a romantic relationship, however we would far fewer contacts which were 5th house (romance) and more contacts in in the eleventh house (friends). Also with friendship we wouldn't mind too much if there were few if any Venus or Mars contacts.

Marriage or business partnerships would be 7th house contacts, though hopefully a precursor of marriage would be romance!

Also hopefully the contacts would be predominantly trines and sextiles rather than squares and oppositions - though some challenges will help relationships to develop

nicejade

I am an astrological sampler although I am thinking about taking it up fully. One of the odds things I do know or have noticed is that I (a cancer) have a friendship makeup of about 90% earth signs a majority of which is taurus. I seem to get along with Virgos extremely well.

Minderwiz

A rough guide here is that signs that are sextile to your sign, in your case Taurus and Virgo are sextile to Cancer. However this is rough and ready. Some Astrologers would prefer to use 'astrological signatures' by looking at the predominant elements and modes in people's charts - thus fixed earth and mutable earth people would also fit into your friendship profile.

Others like me are more pedantic and want to look at a wider range of indicators but I do recognise that many people just want a rough and ready guide.

How do you get on with the other two water signs?

dadsnook2000

An easy way

Here in the US we have a dating service called "E-Harmony". They use astrological software to turn their survey information into compatibility searches. My software from Halloran includes that compatibility software. I've used this a couple of times and it seems to be quite awesome in terms of the great number of factors it utilizes and its weighting system.

I know that only a few of us have this software, one of the many commercially available for purchase. Although they have a free version of this software, I don't believe this function is included.

As an astrological learning tool, I would think this printout of factors and their weighting, might be a useful tool. Dave

GoddessArtemis

dadsnook2000 said:
Here in the US we have a dating service called "E-Harmony". They use astrological software to turn their survey information into compatibility searches.
I didn't know they used astrology! I thought they used a relationship-compatibility psych test that the founder (Dr. What's-his-name) developed. If they're using astrology and not saying so, that's cheating.

I signed up for E-harmony years ago. They were only able to match me with two people, and frankly...I didn't think we were a match. :D So who knows...

GA

dadsnook2000

Maybe its not, or then . . .

I have had, and upgraded, this software for a long time. It may be, back then, that another dating service was noted. Whatever it was, I remember seeing it on TV back then. In any case, it is something you don't normally find in astro software. I was surprised to come across it and have used it two or three times. I'll see if I can find the source. Dave

GenoviaJ

maybe the dating service was double sign? they used Chinese and western astrology to help you find a match. The site is gone now.

nicejade

It's funny because I get along with the other water signs fine but for a long time I hadn't really cultivated strong friendship links with them. In the last year or so, things have changed. I seem to meet and connect more permanently with them which is very cool especially because they seemed to have more in common with me in terms of world outlook and occult practices. This is a generalization though both for earth and water signs. My closest friends (my tightest circle) is still earthly but my boyfriend (scorpio) and my near tight friends are increasingly waterbased.