Client contact after reading

Michelle

Hello,

I read a lady in November who was in a bad situation ( abuse, housing issues, etc.) , she has been on my mind a lot recently. Would it be unprofessional to contact her to see how she's doing? She called me a few times after her reading with questions, and then she just disappeared. I am NOT looking for another reading, just genuinely concerned about her well being.

Thank you :)

Namaste,
Michelle

franniee

OH I would!

I would say something like - you've been on my mind - just want to be sure you are ok...

:heart:

Eddie

Michelle said:
Hello,

I read a lady in November who was in a bad situation ( abuse, housing issues, etc.) , she has been on my mind a lot recently. Would it be unprofessional to contact her to see how she's doing? She called me a few times after her reading with questions, and then she just disappeared. I am NOT looking for another reading, just genuinely concerned about her well being.

Thank you :)

Namaste,
Michelle
Although I understand your concern, I would let this be. You have helped this lady, I am sure.
If she needed any further help I am sure she would be in contact again, but for now leave the ball in her court. As readers we must be careful not to take on more than we should, it is vital to protect your energy. Once you have read for someone and done what was asked of you it is best to step back, shake of that energy and move on.

Milfoil

Yes, if you feel that this client will benefit from an open and friendly call to say hello and find out if she is ok then go for it.

Grizabella

Eddie said:
Although I understand your concern, I would let this be. You have helped this lady, I am sure.
If she needed any further help I am sure she would be in contact again, but for now leave the ball in her court. As readers we must be careful not to take on more than we should, it is vital to protect your energy. Once you have read for someone and done what was asked of you it is best to step back, shake of that energy and move on.

I agree with Eddie here.

Michelle

I'm so torn between 'yes' & 'no' . Usually I have no problem releasing the energy of a reading. But this lady has stayed with me for some reason. Hopefully she is doing well.

Thank you all for your input :).

Namaste,
Michelle

jmd

Without discussing the context (which, in any case, I do not think is appropriate here), I would personally NOT follow up with a contact. It's one thing for the person who sought the reading to return for further clarifications and discussions, it's something entirely different for the reader to effectively 'intrude' into their life outside of the context.

She would be contacting you seeking advice (ie, you as professional) - whereas you would be contacting her privately (even if as a 'follow-up' discussion).

But as I said in the opening, this is without knowing the context. It may be, for example, that at the time of reading (or later intermittent discussions), suggestions were made that indicated that some follow up contact may be made. If that is the case, then it is within what has been established and expected.

Also, it may be that the person for whom the reading has been undertaken is part of one's own community, and that (possibly) out-of-reading contacts may on occasions be made. In that case, it would simply reflect the community in which one is a part.

Otherwise.... it seems to breach the reader-readee relation and strikes me as intrusive.

NightQueen

I agree here with eddie Im sure you did all you could and if she needs you she will come looking for you, its very hard not to get our emotions involved with our querents, I learnt that many years ago, not to take on others problems and worry about how theyre doing because the fact is, is that we may never cross paths again and we can only do so much, when I do a reading my 110% focus is there but once they leave my home so does all discussion and the reading, that way Im not left with the burden of having sleepless nights wondering about other's lives, know you did all you can, and thats the best you can do:)

Grizabella

jmd said:
She would be contacting you seeking advice (ie, you as professional) - whereas you would be contacting her privately (even if as a 'follow-up' discussion).

it seems to breach the reader-readee relation and strikes me as intrusive.

I agree with this. Her contacting you seeking advice is one thing. But for you to contact her out of curiosity as to how it's going for her is intrusive.

We can't take on the problems of others, as NightQueen pointed out. Our job is to read the message the cards have for a sitter. Having done that, we have to let it go even if we're curious as to what's happened with their situtation unless the sitter comes back eventually and volunteers the information to us. Maybe we choose to consider curiosity to be "concern" and maybe to some degree it really is concern, but whatever it is, we have to let it go. Otherwise we're putting ourselves into a position that makes us more of an enabler than a reader.

franniee

The others are right absolutely - the reason why I said to give her a little friendly call is because I am banking on your intuition and that you are picking up something and she might need a friendly call but if you do I am sure she is going to want a follow up reading etc etc and that will open a whole can of worms... so the others are right - try and ground yourself and release this energy. :heart: