Effects of Signs and the Moon

GoddessArtemis

We just entered the new moon in Aquarius and ever since the early hours of today, I've been feeling agitated and antsy. I'm highly affected by the moon as it goes through signs. The worst is when the moon is in any of the water signs:

1. With Scorpio, I get very sarcastic and dark/moody :mad:
2. With Cancer, I cry a lot :neutral:
3. With Pisces, I feel low and sad :(

I guess with Sun (Pisces) and Rising (Scorpio) in water signs, it feels a bit like drowning! But water signs in the moon don't work for me at all.

Earth and fire signs are the most comfortable moons for me. More recently, when the moon was in Capricorn, I felt very calm and grounded and determined. My own moon is in Sagittarius, and I'm not sure if that's related to all this.

Since the moon moved into Aquarius, I've not been feeling the greatest, but I'm hoping this is due to the New Moon aspect, and not a whole bunch of uncomfortable feelings inside until the moon in Pisces (which happens on my birthday, incidentally).

How strongly can the moon's movements in signs affects one's chart and moods?

GA

GoddessArtemis

I just read this for Feb. 7th...maybe this has something to do with how I feel so suddenly:

We're reminded of a difficult time from our past as retrograde Mercury conjuncts Chiron the Wounded Healer today. This can reactivate an unsettled issue that surfaced when Mercury joined Chiron in mid-January. We receive practical support from assertive Mars' creative quintile to sensible Saturn, enabling us to be realistic but not pessimistic. The logical Aquarius Moon helps us maintain boundaries, until it enters compassionate Pisces at 8:45 pm EST.

Btw, here's an excellent online moon calendar: Moon Calendar

GA

tinastardream

Hi GA

I've noticed a strong effect in my life - but then I'm an astrologer :p

The strongest affects I've noticed is when the transiting moon affects one of your aspects. For example: natally, I have Moon square Saturn and when a transiting moon aspects this - it can make me very cranky.

I've noticed those with a strong moon (by sign, house placement or aspect) tend to feel the transiting moon the strongest - especially mood wise.

Do you have a strong aspect in water signs? Maybe a square or opposition?
It also sounds like the New Moon on the 6th had a strong affect on you.

My mother also tracks the moon by sign as she's noticed it's effect on her ability to sleep.

phoenixblu

The past few days ive been REALLY snappy with people and easily agitated...
im usually all over the place when its a full moon..

Not rare for a Gemini I just seem to get more confused and out of sync than usual :)

Furnacechant

Hm..I have water signs for sun, moon, and rising, and I actually tend to feel best when the moon is in one of those---especially Scorpio, to me that's the most powerful, spiritual, all around best feeling---often if I feel really good and don't know why, I look up the moon and find it's in Scorpio. Maybe that's because it IS my moon sign? Paradoxically, I seem to do fairly well with the moon in Aries as well, though. When I feel worst is when it's either in an air sign, or in Capricorn. I'm a Cancer sun, BTW.

Starling

GoddessArtemis said:
Btw, here's an excellent online moon calendar: Moon Calendar

GA

Thank you for that link. It is a clear, readable calendar. And I like the site in general as well.

GoddessArtemis

tinastardream said:
Hi GA

I've noticed a strong effect in my life - but then I'm an astrologer :p

The strongest affects I've noticed is when the transiting moon affects one of your aspects. For example: natally, I have Moon square Saturn and when a transiting moon aspects this - it can make me very cranky.

I've noticed those with a strong moon (by sign, house placement or aspect) tend to feel the transiting moon the strongest - especially mood wise.

Do you have a strong aspect in water signs? Maybe a square or opposition?
It also sounds like the New Moon on the 6th had a strong affect on you.

My mother also tracks the moon by sign as she's noticed it's effect on her ability to sleep.
Oops, I just noticed people responded to this. :D

I don't believe mine is a strong moon: in Sagittarius? Surely not. But then again, I could be wrong. My Sun and Moon square each other, with my Sun in Pisces, but I have very little water otherwise in my chart...just Sun and Rising (in Scorpio). The rest of my chart is mostly earth and fire, with a dash of air. Otherwise, my Sag moon sextiles Uranus (in Libra) and conjuncts my Neptune (in Sagittarius). Fire and air. No water. My Venus (in Taurus) opposes my rising (in Scorpio). And that's it for the water signs. Did that help at all?

I really hate it when the moon is in the water signs. Yesterday (Sun., Feb. 17th), the moon was in Cancer...which I wasn't aware of...and I kept getting over-emotional and crying about things! That's so unlike me. In the evening, I checked the moon calendar, and there it was. Today (Monday), I felt a lot more positive, and I believe the moon was/is in Leo. Fire moons are best for me (esp. Leo and Sag), as are earth moons. Air moons are okay, and water moons are the worst.

Isn't that odd? And did I answer your question, kinda?

GA :)

balenciaga

I have a lot of water in my chart so all of the water signs make me either inspired to create (Venus has her hand in this as well) or depressed.
And I agree with the Gemini moon's effects - makes me so scattered that I cannot concentrate or remember from one moment to the next. ANd Virgo moons make me nervous and feel as if I suffer from OCD; I start shining all the chrome surfaces in my apartment:) Libra moons make me dense, like duh?; I cannot comprehend anything.
Taurus moons are the most grounding.

GoddessArtemis

Is the moon in Scorpio again?? I'm feeling anxious and moody as all hell, and I hate it, because there is no GOOD reason for it...

I just can't understand why my moods are so dictated by the lunar movement. I didn't use to feel this way in the past....:mad:

GA

balenciaga

The moon is in Scorpio, yes, and will continue to be until Thurs, when Sag takes over. Then you will be free:)