• I riffle shuffle

Votes: 31 39.7%
  • I spread them in a surface and swirl them around

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • I change my shuffling methods, I don't just stick to one

Votes: 25 32.1%

• Total voters

Frannie

I was wondering how do people shuffle their cards. I would love to shuffle the cards in both of my hands, no mixing them spreading them on the table and then riffle shuffling, for me the best way is the first, hopefully I'll manage to shuffle one day like that, so....
What's your shuffling style?

Sakura Murasaki

I chose the first choice - I can't riffle-shuffle even a regular deck of playing cards to save my life, much less the Tarot decks I have.

My hands are kinda small, so that doesn't help either. :(

Since I don't use reversals, I don't like the idea of mixing the cards around by swirling them - also it takes too long. Heh, I guess I'm a bit picky.

Frannie

My hands are kind of small too, that makes it much more difficult for me :(

clarity

It varies all the time. I have no set way of shuffling and it really depends on teh spur of the moment. Sometimes I swirl them around on the floor and other times just shuffle them in my hands. Interesting poll!

clarity

also I use reversals so this gives me freedom to swirl them. heheh
I guess those of you who don't use reversals have to shuffle in a certain way.

Mariana

What do you call it when you hold the cards in one hand (the narrow side between your thumb and the rest of your hand) and with the other hand take the bottom stack and place the bottom bit sof that second stack on the top of the first stack and then the next bit of the second stack on top of that etcetera, repeating those steps all the time? That's how people shuffle playing cards around here, it can go really fast too.

celticnoodle

I change my shuffling style. Right now, I have adapted a shuffling style that I read in my Quest Tarot book. I shuffle the deck thoroughly and divide it into 3 piles. As I pick up the piles again, I turn the last pile 1/2 turn and put that on top. Then do this two more times. The cards do get very thoroughly shuffled this way, but I must admit, I'm getting tired with it, when I have to do many readings. It takes a bit longer this way. I'll stick with it though, for awhile longer, perhaps, till a new way seems to present itself to me.

Frannie

That, for me, is shuffling the cards with both your hands, transposing two stacks of the deck and mix them in between, not like riffle shuffling but a more sophisticated way.... I wished I could do that :(

rwcarter

I riffle shuffle. But I'm from a card playing family. I could bridge the cards by the time I was 7 or so. I used to play a card game called Spite and Malice that uses 4 decks of playing cards (208 cards) and I could shuffle and bridge that huge deck with no problem.

Frannie

Oh I forgot the divition of 3 piles and putting one on top of the other (I don't remember how that is called) I do it sometimes, but it get really slow and tiring for me when making more than one reading.