multiple tarot deck readings

vhrsn

Hi everyone, I was wondering if any of you use multaple tarot decks when doing reaidngs? I have my robinwood tarot and the voyager tarot decks, so the angels say that I sould start merging the two, but how? Any help would be appreciated!
All the best,
Veronica

raventepes

I often use multiple decks for readings, and I must say that one thing that always has to be taken into concideration is a question you have to ask yourself. "What works for ME?"

While I can give you a reply on what I do (and I will), I reccomend just playing with the decks. Look at your decks and find the differant physical characteristics like the size and shape of the cards and how they compare to a differant deck to possibly use.

I actually use a number of differant methods for combineing multiple decks for a singular reading. Here are my favorite two:

1) Shuffle decks independantly of each other and place the cards in the position you need them in.

2) Choose two or more decks that are atleast roughly the same size and shape and mix and match what you wish to use to make one 78 (more or less depending on what you want) deck.

The best thing you can do is play with your cards and find out what works for you. The examples I've given work for me, but may not work for you. So have fun and experiment and let us know what's going on with that. :)

MoonLitCrystal

I was thinking about merging my Tarot of a Moon Garden with my newly acquired Unicorn Tarot, but I never really thought out the logistics of it.

I think it would be interesting to have 2 complete decks together. What if the deck wants to answer 2 different questions in the same spread with the same exact card? Problem solved! LOL

vhrsn

multaple decks

Well, I've decided to stick with the one deck I'm using and am now seasoning, my RW deck. I am blind and so I can explain how I read the tarot!
I had a friend put my decks in braille, and I've memorized allmost all the symbology of each card. I'm trying to participate in the Robinwood tarot studygroup here at AT.
All the best,
Veronica
Also have certification in tarot and have about 5 years experience. The problem is I can't get a membership, I'd like a person to get it for me (if possible) for I'm in the USA and don't have paypal (not compatical with my screen reader) or a credit card.

SunChariot

I don't always do it, but I sometimes do. It can be useful since different decks do seem to give answers in different ways. It has been my experience when using more than one deck in a reading, that the answers don't overlap, but each gives a different aspect of the situation.

I just did a multiple deck reading this weekend in fact, just finished it yesterday. I combined the Osho Zen Tarot, the Thoth Tarot and the Tarot of the Thousand and One Nights. I was happy with the reading actually.

What I personally do is ask the question(s) of each deck one at a time. Write down which cards came up in answer to the question in the first deck. Then do the same with the second deck, then with the third.

Then I just analyse each card as usual.

So it looks like

Question: ............?
Answer Osho Zen Tarot:
Answer Thoth Tarot:
Answer Tarot of the Thousand and One Nights:

...Of course recurring symbolism connects certain cards, even if they come from different decks.

And hey, I am a big believer in that. If your angels are saying you should try it, then go for it :grin:

Babs

ilweran

I'm planning on doing a reading at some point using all the Nigel Jackson decks I have - the ogham, runes, 78 card tarot and majors only tarot. Not decided how I'm going to do it yet, but I'm definitely going to give it a go :D

Princess Judy

Although I prefer reading with one deck, I've done this a couple of times.
This is what I've tried:

- Sometimes I'd do a spread with one deck, read the cards, cleared the table and would do the exact same spread with another deck. Sometimes I'd get the same cards from different decks, on the same spot! But in general, the second reading makes for a somewhat different one.

- I also would do two spreads (the same) side by side, each with a different deck, and would read it as a whole, it gives a more detailed reading so you will.

- I've also done two different spreads side by side with two different decks, on the same question, which gives a detailed reading with somewhat different perspectives.

- And I've also used a spread and after having drawn tarot cards, would draw oracle cards for the same spread, laying each oracle card besides the tarot card on the same spot.

- You can also use a spread, and then draw one or two cards (for example oracle cards, or just tarot cards) from another deck for more insight.

As you can see, you can do all different kinds of experiments, just use your imagination. The possibilities are endless.

vhrsn

reading with different decks

Hi everyone, Well I tried to use multaple decks with my readings and it does not relaly work. Now the angels are saying for me to use a significator when doing a celtic cross. I'm not sure why they're saying that, but it seems to work for I haven't used them when I've been reading tarot! So why they're saying for me to use it I'm unsure, but it really works. Any of you do this?
I use my robin wood tarot which I relaly love!
All the best,
Veronica

SunChariot

Personally I never use the Celtic Cross, and very very rarely use a spread at all actually. I am glad you found what works for you though! :grin:

Babs