PDA

View Full Version : Astrological Harmonics

Knightward
12-02-2008, 12:34
Is there a freeware, or inexpensive program which can calculate Harmonics and place them on a chart?

Thanks!

-Fenier

gorgeousbutterfly
12-02-2008, 16:14
try astro.com

dadsnook2000
12-02-2008, 21:23
. . . and a "harmonic" is a chart. It is not so much that you place a harmonic in a chart (as if it were a planet) as it is that the chart presents a harmonic statement. Those who use the Ebertin mid-point system, or the Uranian system, are familiar with the 90 degree dial. This is essentially a FOURTH harmonic chart.

A chart with only 90 degrees means that all square-aspect planets will be grouped as "conjunctions" while planets having 45 or 125 degree aspects will be shown as oppositions. John Addy of the UK has great books on harmonics. Dave

Knightward
12-02-2008, 23:51
I should clairify. I have found a few programs which tell you which aspects are formed, but don't have a graphical picture to go with it.

I am looking for a inexpenisve program which does both.

dadsnook2000
13-02-2008, 00:46
I only use my own, purchased software so I can't comment on Internet software. I would only suggest you visit all of those site that you can, and enter your data, calculate a chart, and then look through the menu's for options that provide harmonics. Sometimes, options such as harmonics aren't presented on any menu's until you have a chart on file. Dave

Starling
13-02-2008, 22:53
Go to www.astro.com and choose Free Charts from the blue bar.

It will open a new page. You want the part that is marked "Horoscope Chart Drawings - Extended Chart Selection" Find it. Click it.

Where is says Natal Chart Wheel, click the down arrow. All the way at the bottom are the Harmonic Charts. There is more than one option but I didn't actually look at any of it.

You might need to put natal information in first to see all of this. Every time I go to the site they know the information I gave them way back when. There are loads of things to play with on that site. Yes, they want to sell you stuff, but they give away a lot too.

One of the reasons I'm trying to learn the basics now is that I got into things like the 90 degree wheel waaaaay to soon. You might want to read up on this stuff before you actually start playing with it. I am fully aware of how accurate it can be.