Malachite Painful?

siren85

Does anyone here ever use Malachite for healing and/or chakra balancing? I have found the stone to be very strong, almost too strong, and sometimes painful when placed over the heart chakra. It seems to be not gentle at all. I know 'pain' can sometime be associated with the removal of a blockage, but this pain is way too intense. So needless to say, I stopped using it. It lacks the gentleness and sensitivity of say, Rose Quartz... rose quartz is more soothing, while malachite is like... ripping your blockage out. ouch.

Has anyone had any similar experiences? Of finding malachite way too strong or even painful? Its definately a very intense stone.

Furnacechant

I haven't personally had any problem with it, but I have heard it described by some as a very intense stone to be used with caution and awareness. I know others who've had great results. Just depends on what fits your needs and personality, I guess.

Sophie

Malachite can still be a powerful healer at a distance - held in your hand or placed on a bedside table or desk. Its copper content makes it very powerful, and I am not surprised to hear that it can hurt if you are sensitive to it. If you want to keep working with it, just do so away from your heart chakra, and use a more gentle stone on your heart - chrysoprase, rose quartz or mangano calcite are all good, as is kunzite.

It's also very good for concentration, study and creative energy - and for arthritis and rheumatism. For the one, keep a large chunk on your desk, for the other, place it directly on the affected joint for 30-60 minutes at a time.

Alectra

siren85 said:
Does anyone here ever use Malachite for healing and/or chakra balancing? I have found the stone to be very strong, almost too strong, and sometimes painful when placed over the heart chakra. It seems to be not gentle at all. I know 'pain' can sometime be associated with the removal of a blockage, but this pain is way too intense. So needless to say, I stopped using it. It lacks the gentleness and sensitivity of say, Rose Quartz... rose quartz is more soothing, while malachite is like... ripping your blockage out. ouch.

Has anyone had any similar experiences? Of finding malachite way too strong or even painful? Its definately a very intense stone.

Ive had those sorts of experiences with Malachite. My advice is dont use it on the heart Chakra. Even though it is green its too intense. I dont wear much Malachite either. If your going to use it for healing purposes I would recommend using it on the solar plexus. Right under your rib cage. I dont know what kind of piece you were using but if you were using a piece that was a bullseye that could be a huge problem too. The bulleyes pieces tend to draw out even more of the intense emotions. One green stone I have become quite fond of is Dioptase. Its expensive but its well worth it. It has an amazing energy.
Green suggestions
Dioptase
Green Calcite
Green Tourmaline
Hiddenite

A~

siren85

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Alectra said:
I've had those sorts of experiences with Malachite. My advice is dont use it on the heart Chakra. Even though it is green its too intense. I dont wear much Malachite either. If your going to use it for healing purposes I would recommend using it on the solar plexus. Right under your rib cage. I dont know what kind of piece you were using but if you were using a piece that was a bullseye that could be a huge problem too. The bulleyes pieces tend to draw out even more of the intense emotions. One green stone I have become quite fond of is Dioptase. Its expensive but its well worth it. It has an amazing energy.
Green suggestions
Dioptase
Green Calcite
Green Tourmaline
Hiddenite

A~
yeah, your right its really too intense for the sensitive heart chakra I guess. and I think it does have a bulls-eye... is that like the round, circular design?

Maybe I'll try Dioptase, is that easy to find though? I especially like to use Rhodochrosite on the heart chakra... its very soothing, but a little stronger than Rose Quartz. I've also found Aventurine to be very nice as well.

Little Hare

I just bought a malachite ring only two weeks ago and i've found i can only wear it sometimes otherwise it magnafies my energy way to much. In Judy Hall's crystal bible she states the following:

"is a powerful stone but one that needs to be handled with caution, it is best used under the direction of a qualified crystal therapist. she then states "Malachite amplifies both positive and negative energies. It grounds spiritual energies onto the planet.......... Psychologically Malachite is a stone of transformation. Life is lived more intensely under the influence of this adventourous stone, which encourages risk taking and change. It mercilessly shows what is blocking your spiritual growth" 2003 Pg 182-183. Godsfield press

There is alot more that she has written about the stone.. I recommend you check out her book

Alectra

siren85 said:
Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

yeah, your right its really too intense for the sensitive heart chakra I guess. and I think it does have a bulls-eye... is that like the round, circular design?

Maybe I'll try Dioptase, is that easy to find though? I especially like to use Rhodochrosite on the heart chakra... its very soothing, but a little stronger than Rose Quartz. I've also found Aventurine to be very nice as well.

Yea the round circular design is the bulleye.

Rhodochrosite is awesome. I dont work with it much because I dont have any due to how expensive it is. I dont know where you live but some of the best Rhodochrosite comes out of Colorado. One of our museums has a huge wall of it. Its amazing. Its hard to even get over it when you see this wall in person.

Here is an Ebay link to some Dioptase.
http://collectibles.search.ebay.com..._trksidZm37QQcatrefZC12QQfromZR40QQsacatZ3213

A~

Sophie

Diopside is excellent as well: said to be the yang counterpart of emerald, it helps emotional healing when placed directly on the heart chakra, and has the additional benefits of balancing the metabolism and helping develop psychic talents. Get the green variety, but beware, some comes from Burma - not a great place to buy from these days. There are other sources for the stone.

siren85

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I think I'll definately have to try Dioptase, it sounds like a good healing stone.

I read that Malachite is also supposed to be good for asthma (which I have), as well as arthritis as fudugazi mentioned. heh, I wonder how your supposed to use it for asthma, without getting it near your 4th chakra lol. maybe I'll just try something else...