Venus in Aquarius

balenciaga

Hi
Now that Venus will be shifting into Aquarius from Capricorn, what can we expect? A shift into the intellect? And how would this affect one's creativity?
Thanks.

firecatpickles

I think it has been said that you will not be affected unless you actually have aspects in Aquarius to begin with. I could be wrong (just a beginner here).

For example, in my chart, I have absolutamente nada in Aquarius, so I will not be affected.

Starling

You could be affected if transiting Venus squares or opposes natal planets, but it would only be for a few days. It could also fill in a spot in what isn't quite a T-Square or a Grand Trine.

Venus moves pretty quickly so nothing would last more than a few days unless it was stationing on that spot and going over it a couple times more because of retrograde motion.

Also, something could be triggered by which house transiting Venus is inhabiting and/or when it crosses a house cusp.

balenciaga

Oh, ok. Because I read that it will be easy to remain emotionally detached during the period and also be drawn to others who share the same intellectual interests. I prefer my Venus in a water sign for creativity, so maybe my intellectual pursuits will be more creative:)
Though I will make note of houses and transits, etc.
Thanks all!

dadsnook2000

Another approach to this . . .

There is another approach to this question. Aspects by transiting Venus to a natal planet will indeed likely be short-lived. So, let's go back to the basic question of what Venus in Aquarius might mean.

What house of your natal chart is Venus in when it crosses into the sign of Aquarius? Venus in a certain house has a significant meaning of its own. You should be able to detect changes relative to Venus in Capricorn versus Venus in Aquarius within the context of its house meaning. For example, Venus in the 9th house: In Capricorn, Venus might suggest diligence in your studies at school, while Venus in Aquarius might relate to shifting over to "in-the-field" work as an extension of what you did in school, a sort of apprenticeship situation.

This line of exploration and relating Venus to a house position is more fruitful than just trying to relate Venus to a sign meaning. Dave

balenciaga

dadsnook2000 said:
This line of exploration and relating Venus to a house position is more fruitful than just trying to relate Venus to a sign meaning. Dave

I will check my chart and concentrate on houses. Thanks, Dave!

Starling

It occurs to me that it would be interesting to pay attention to what a year feels like using only the 3 inner planets (Sun, Mercury and Venus) and only the houses they are in. They each take about a year to move around the chart by transit. And although Mercury and Venus change a bit each year (because of retrogrades and such) I bet a pattern would emerge that would be very interesting.

Today:
The Sun is at 27 Aquarius in my 8th house.
Mercury is stationary direct at 8 Aquarius in my 7th house.
Venus is at 29 Capricorn in my 7th house.

So right now (and every year at this time) my true self (Sun) is feeling independent and friendly (Aquarius) and is focused on my spouce's resources (and the taxes) (8th house). And I communicated (Mercury) progressively (Aquarius) to my partner (7th house). And I focused seriously (Capricorn) on life's little pleasures (Venus) with my husband (7th house).

And that is probably what January/February/March is like for me every year. This year Mercury has been and will be sitting in the 8th house and in Aquarius longer than normally because of the retrograde. I would expect that each year gets colored slightly differently depending on whether Mecury and Venus are in the same sign as the Sun (and each other) or in the signs before or after it.

balenciaga

mars

Starling said:
It occurs to me that it would be interesting to pay attention to what a year feels like using only the 3 inner planets (Sun, Mercury and Venus) and only the houses they are in.

But Starling, what about Mars? Would you want to consider it?

star-lover

i find the presence of venus through the houses very easy to see

it was in my 4th recently and i had a beautiful new kitchen installed

as it went through my 5th - yes, love and romance definitely were on the menu :D until it squared my natal venus a few days ago and things went ti** up (though i think something major was happening in the skies last week as it was baaaaaaad in many ways and for other people i know too)

i don't know what to expect for the 6th house transit but i am definitely going to start working again and making plans now

Starling

balenciaga said:
But Starling, what about Mars? Would you want to consider it?

Mars is in Gemini in the 12th house.
My drive for survival (Mars) is open minded (Gemini) in my solitude (12th house). This is quite a counterpoint to what the Sun/Mercury/Venus is doing in Capricorn and Aquarius in the 7th and 8th house.

As you can see from the above the other three planets are traveling together. Sometimes in front of the Sun, sometimes along side and sometimes behind it. Because it takes Mars 2 years to make the journey around the zodiac it doesn't travel with the others. So those three planets make a focus in certain houses. Sometimes one house at a time, sometimes 2 and on occasion 3, but those houses are always next to one another. They move as a group and travel around the chart in about a year.

Mars, Jupiter and Saturn move independently of one another and independently of the Sun/Mercury/Venus group. I've seen Sun/Mercury/Venus grouped together in books about transits, and Mars/Jupiter/Saturn also grouped together but as a different group.