Age of Death

Miss Divine

LaPrimavera said:
I had a querent ask me recently if I could do a reading that would determine what age she would pass on at. I know for most people this is the last thing they want to know.

Anyone have any suggestions or effective spreads that they've used? Im having trouble figuring out a way to get numbers from a reading.

I would refuse doing that kind of reading.
I also don't believe we are meant to read tarot for this kind of question.

madhavendra

Yes, me neither. You would have to be really spiritually advanced to accept such information. Otherwise it would just creat problems in someone's life. Definietely I would refuse doing such a spread.

Astraea Aurora

I agree to the other members. Reading cards (no matter if it's Tarot or not) to get to know when someone will die is, imho, immoral. I would refuse reading for that purpose and talk to the sitter telling her what I think Tarot is able to do and what not.

Imo this topic is heavily loaden with Tarot ethics and reading ethics, somewhere along the line of health readings, readings to bring the ex back etc. Not to think of self-fulfilling prophecies, and that kind of fortune-telling where the sitter's only focus is on his future instead of living today's life to its fullest and best.

Sorry to sound so harsh, LaPrimavera, but this is the point where Tarot stops and speculations and sensationalism begin. Giving these kind of readings pushes serious Tarot readers even more in the corner of those bad readers we try to avoid like the devil avoids holy water (is that phrase correct?? it sounds so weird in English).

I hope you find a way of explaining the topic to your sitter. Astraea Aurora :grin:

Barbaras Ahajusts

Ahh hell. Its just timing. To many things can change up, so its actually worthless.
I like to mess with timing, as I have been, just to see if I can get it right. :D (Marion had really impressed me one time and I had to dig into it for myself :D)

I have been ask that question and I do a simple little three card. First I tell them anything can change at the drop of a hat and its the luck of the draw. But, I will do it for them. ;o)
If the cards look good I tell them "a long life..maybe such and such age."

I have a better one...guess my weight. :laugh: Unless I'm settting on your scales...you can't do it, unless you are a true blue psychic. And if you are..you better not give me an answer to this one!!! :D:D:D:D

On a serious note...if you can tell when someone will die, I would suggest you don't. We had a neighbor who knew he was going to die at the same age Jesus did. Now...its only a guess as to when Jesus did die. But Danny swore he would die at the same age.
You know, that young man was walking off a field where he had been playing baseball and dropped dead at 33 from a massive infarction. Sometimes I wonder if Danny kept saying that to get in all of life he could. His wife didn't seem to appreciate each day, but boy he sure did!

Nuff said on this subject, :laugh:

:) Barb

irongoddess

I whole-heartedly agree with the advice above. Even if you lay aside the question of whether it's wise, IMO prediction is for the most part impossible beyond the very short range. And, again, I think prediction in general does more harm than good. If we're meant to know something, we already know it!

This all leaves the question of what you *will* tell your sitter. Perhaps you could try to understand why this person wants to know the date of death. Maybe you can find a deeper issue and address that -- e.g. ask "How can this person cope with fear of death?"

Best wishes with this matter!

sharpchick

I've only been asked that question once - by a friend who had terminal cancer. I refused to read it for him, and instead, offered to read for him about where his priorities should be in the time he had remaining. In my view, that was a much more productive reading.

firecatpickles

I agree with everyone here. And turning the question around is always helpful.

There is such a thing as an astrological death chart, but I don't know of any astrologers who would cast one of those, either.

Huskysibe

Definantly turn it around, I would flat out refuse to do that reading personally.

memries

I would present to them the exact question I presented to myself.
That is when will I die ? I was thinking about it and decided I will live to be 100 ! I told them I was having a party and I wanted pink roses and lace by then. You see, if you limit yourself in how old you will get then that is what you are doing. To me it is very simple really and it is a question you will all face eventually.

I have quite a way to go yet but certainly am in the second half of my life.
My son asked me why I would decide that and my reply was, "Because I want to be around to annoy you and to call you an old man !"

Never bend to peer pressure and never limit yourself.

BLFO

Personally, I don't think it is immoral to answer their question nor more I think it is immoral to give any other kind of reading. I just wouldn't do it, because I could make a mistake in timing.

Tarot actually predicted my mother's death about 8 months before I realized what the card meant (and it wasn't a Death card either). I only knew what the card made sense to me like a few weeks before she actually died.

If someone truly wants to know, I don't mind telling them, but I tell them also, that I may not be accurate, which that would be the truth, since I am not good at time predictions.

Someone did create a death timing spread on AT like two years ago around Halloween. But I think the AT mods got rid of it or didn't store it in the spread section. I think they do delete certain spreads.

I think I did that spread around Halloween. I can't remember when I was suppose to die though. LOL I just know it wasn't in old age.

I think death is a fact of life. So deal with it. No point in avoiding it and making it a big taboo as in being scared to tell people when they could possibly die.

If you are afraid to give them the wrong prediction and not an expert of timing, then don't do it. If you have the perfect tarot formula for predicting timing, then go ahead, i guess.