Do crystals enhance your readings?

morticia monroe

I've seen so many of the photos of our reading spaces that have crystals set up around the perimiter of the spreadcloth. I'm wondering how many of you do this, and have any of you found from experience that it facilitates your readings?
I love my stones, and have picked up "pretty rocks" since I was a child. I feel the need to hold them, handle them, and love them (in particular, to put them to my lips as I seem to be able to best feel the vibrations they give off that way), but I've never tried using them to assist a reading.
So. other than making your reading space beautiful, do you find crystals to be an aid in this area? Also, do you allow querants to handle your crystals?

Sonic

I have done several reading sessions after I set my new gem on the deck. I don't own a reading cloth. Maybe one day I will, but I am not one for ritual. Mainly it's about space. Everything is done on my desk. So my energy feeds everything, the pc, and the deck at the same time [yes, my pc is a divinatory tool lol]. But I do keep them all over my desk. However, if I am in the mood for healing readings for people, I put my rose quartz on top of the deck. If I want extra amplification i'll use the large clear quartz on top of the deck. My pieces are all palm size so they're fairly large. The results are indeed positive.

Great question though, I'm looking forward to hearing others experiences.

MCsea

IMHO
I have a stack of crystals on my readnig table which I let the person I am reading for hold during the reading - they then take that crystal home with them..

I do think crystals help my readings and help the person I am reading for be more 'open' or at ease so the reading is easier..

:)

Umbrae

I don't always have the opportunity to have accouterments nearby when reading. Although they may help in some reading instances, I have found that it’s really up to me to clear the surrounding atmosphere, and help the sitter open to a state of receptivity.

Remember – your body, is a storehouse of minerals.

If I’m sitting in a coffee shop and you walk in and ask for a reading, I can’t take a cross-town bus to pick up my gems. I’ll have to pull out my deck, tap into the inner me, clear the space, and read.

Results may vary.

But it is nice to have a chunk of Onyx nearby...

morticia monroe

Umbrae,
I do feel confident enough without the stones, but I am wondering what the onyx does for you?

Umbrae

morticia monroe said:
Umbrae,
I do feel confident enough without the stones, but I am wondering what the onyx does for you?

It can help ground me. Although I’d like to emphasize ‘help’. For many the new reader who post “I get ill when I read!” I’d suggest it along with lots of water. (If you get the whirlies, you need to ground).

morticia monroe

Thanks for your post, Umbrae. I get the whirlies a good bit, and reading has nothing to do with it.( I'm a Libra, and tend to be a wishy-washy daydreamer when I'm not being Kitten with a Whip). I have a beautiful onyx bracelet I haven't worn in years. Think I'll go put it on.

autumnsdaughter

I like having a few stones around when I read. I have a crystal sphere that I find helpful when intuition is just not coming out- I'll gaze into it for a few moments, it helps me to soften my analytical mind.

For grounding purposes, I find obsidian to be fantastic... I keep a tumble stone of it in my pocket most of the time, because I can be a real space cadet. Wheeee! :D

lark

I'm a crystal geek...these are the stones I keep in a leaf shaped dish on my tarot table when I read away from home...

Tarot Stones

Aquamarine- intuition, psychic awareness, clairvoyance.
Moonstone- for developing psychic abilities in a safe gradual way.
Sodalite- opens the third eye to see spiritual visions and the throat to tell of them. Manifestation stone.
Amethyst- psychic enhancer.
Citrine- distinguish prophetic voice from mind chatter, automatic writing, manifestation stone.
Rutilated quartz- telepathy, clairvoyance, manifestation stone.
Lapis- psychic protection, prophetic dreams.
Rose quartz- grounding after psychic work.
Amazonite- connecting with nature spirits, increase clairvoyance and telepathy.
Snow flake Obsidian- clairaudience, protection, good fortune.
Tiger Eye /Brown- increases clairvoyance, prosperity, shields from psychic drain or attack.
Tiger Eye-/Red- increases clairvoyance, protective, money and luck stone.
Blue Lace Agate- clairaudience, will make even the most difficult reading positive and uplifting.
Green Aventurine- increases clairvoyance.
Onyx- sends back any form of negativity directed at you. Protective, grounding.
Blue Chalcedony- telepathy, instills sense of calm, heightens listening skills, enhances generosity, responsiveness, and receptivity.
Hemitite- helps you avoid becoming to involved in the problems of others, psychic self defense.
Apache Tear- stone of prophecy.
Larvikite- magic and psychic abilities.
Selenite- mediumship, clairvoyance, past lives, dreams, psychic communication.
Chrysoprase- helps one see the unexpected in a reading, keep a piece with your tarot cards.
Prehnite- prophesy stone, place next to tarot cards to increase prophetic abilities.
Apatite- meditation, increasing clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, past life recall.
Orange Calcite- calms a nervous first time client, allows intuitive insights to flow freely.
Red Jasper- protection against physical threats and psychic attack.
Yellow Jasper- psychic barrier against gossip and bitchy colleagues.
Howlite-visualization
Blue quartz-seeing higher realms
Fools Gold- keeps fools away from your table.

Yes, I let people hold them and ocassionaly I give one away when I find someone is in need.
Sometimes I hold them or play in the dish as I'm talking...very useful stones are...
I don't like to be without them, but like I said I'm a crystal geek.

Sonic

Lark.. STOP FEEDING MY ADDICTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wake up at 4am
open up firefox
hit the AT forums
see larks post about crystals
open up new tab on ebay
*what a coincidence*
PREHNITE 4 minutes left
CONGRATULATIONS YOU ARE THE WINNER! :thumbsup:

Only AT could prompt me to ****ing shop Ebay at 4am FFS! :heart:

Attachments

• PREHNITE.JPG
    PREHNITE.JPG