I'm going to 2 gem shows tomorrow

autumnsdaughter

What should I get?

I am very new to crystals, and I only have the most common of stones- clear quartz, rose quartz, amethyst, selenite, obsidian, celestite.

What else should I have? I want to get a good general selection, that will suit a variety of purposes. So what would you not go without? :)

LeaRoseQuartz

Good luck hunting tomorrow at the gem shows. That sounds like so much fun! As far as good basic stones, I would get red jasper, sodalite, green aventurine, florite, rhodonite, tigers eye, white howlite and hematite. A little more expensive stones that would be good, also would be malachite and carnelian. Stones that I can't do without, would be crystal quartz, rose quartz, amethyst, sodalite, angelite, carnelian, bloodstone and lapis. They are some of the one's that have been best for me. There are so many more that I just love! The best advice I can give you is pick the one's that catch your eye and what you can afford. Have fun!!!

MCsea

LeaRoseQuartz said:
The best advice I can give you is pick the one's that catch your eye and what you can afford. Have fun!!!

THAT IS GREAT ADVICE!!!

the HAVE FUN is the BEST PART!!

If you have time and are inclined to please visit www.crystalastrology.com and go to find out your crystals (free) - this is one (OF MANY) ways to see which crystals resonate with you - you will get a list of crystals that correspond to your time of birth - you will also get the sabian symbol and the key word for those - its just an interesting aside to see which crystals are in your astrology and which ones you are DRAWN to :)

MAIRNA

AJ

ooo, eating my heart out! Have fun, report back!

faunabay

LeaRoseQuartz said:
The best advice I can give you is pick the one's that catch your eye and what you can afford. Have fun!!!
This is what I've always done. I pick whichever ones draw my attention. Only then - once I already have gotten them I read up on what they're good for and it's always amazing how they are exactly the right stones for that moment with me.

Just have a ball!!! It sounds like bunches of fun!! Go crazy!! I give you permission to!! ROFL (like I count in that regard!!) hehehe

"Well honey, faunabay, from aeclectic, told me I could spend as much money as I wanted to!!" ROFL }) }) })

Master_Margarita

Take a look at this post for some great ideas.

:heart: M_M~

HearthCricket

Try to pick up some moonstone, citrine, agate, jasper, malachite and hematite, too! Have lots of fun! Dying to know what you end up finding and what grabs your eye!!

morticia monroe

I'm a crystal newbie so I can't suggest anything. I just wanted to say have fun, and I'm so jealous! I've never been to a gem show. It sounds like so much fun!

autumnsdaughter

Just got back- I decided to go to one show today, and go to the other tomorrow. I limited myself to $20, and ended up only spending $18- pretty good!

Here's what I got:

Tumble stones:
lapis
sodalite
green aventerine
hematite
aquamarine
malachite
bloodstone
girasol quartz
honey calcite
citrine

I also got one more expensive piece- an apophyllite point that just wowed me- so gorgeous!

I can't wait to go tomorrow! :D

Thanks all for your advice, I will study them more tonight, and be even better prepared to shop tomorrow!

Lucivifate

Those are some nice rocks, I gotta go to a show sometime.