Confused about readings

felinefriend

I recently received 2 readings (not from here) while waiting for my cards to arrive. They were very different and now I'm utterly confused.

Has this happened to anyone here before? Both readers hit on some points, but the negative one was more "off" for me, not because it was negative, but because the reader said the person is coming back for financial security/money (he makes far more than I do, so this doesn't make sense) reasons. The positive reading hit on the long distance and travel between the both of us.

starrystarrynight

The cards were probably right...the interpretations just off.

Lesson 1: Readers aren't perfect. :D

Sonic

Right on!

Cards never lie. Human interpretation and results may vary. If you are asking about your love life, give it up and wait it out. It will all come out in the wash and only you will understand what both readers were trying to say.

MareSaturni

starrystarrynight said:

Yep, Starystarynight is right. Cards might be right, readers might be not.

Did this worried you because you feared the cards were wrong? Geez. If you wish to read tarot, you've got to trust it. But also keep in mind that readers have bad days, of sometimes, give 'not-so-good' readings. It happens. To me, to you and everybody else who reads tarot. That's why we gotta read a lot, gain experience, trust tarot (for that you need to get ego out of the way...which is difficult, i just can't deny :() trust 'gut feelings' and...read read read.

Don't worry :)

felinefriend

Thanks everyone :)

minotaur

Also consider that the two readings may be different perspectives on the same issue.

Like the blind men at the elephant there are often several drastically different ways to see the same thing.

SunChariot

Were the two readings just very different or were they opposing each other, meaning that one said the exact opposive of what the other said.

Of course if one said the opposite of what the other said something is wrong and one reading is inaccurate.

If they just looked at the situation from different angles and different ways, that is perfectly normal. First because each reader is an individual who thinks and sees the world somewhat differently. The personality of the reader affects a reading as surely as the personality of the creator of a deck comes out in the cards.

Another factor is that if they each used different decks, each deck sees things a bit differently. And also that if the powers that be know you got a reading recently from the first reader, they will likely not tell you the same info that you already know in the second reader. Instead they will talk about a different aspect of the sitation. They're no point in them repeating themselves.

Maybe the second meant by his coming back for financial security/ monetary reasons because either a) the travelling was getting expensive and he was getting tired of spending all that money travelling, or b) that he will come back because of your financial situation, like he felt this was getting too expensive for you and was not happy about putting you in that situation....?

It is also possible that parts of one or both of the readings are accurate and other parts were not. It happens, sometimes a reader can misunderstand something.

Babs

SunChariot

minotaur said:
Also consider that the two readings may be different perspectives on the same issue.

Like the blind men at the elephant there are often several drastically different ways to see the same thing.

Very very true, back to the issue of our personalities and the way we see the world. Our understanding of the world around us and how we see it, cannot help but affect how we understand the cards, which are after all representations of situations in the life of the querent.

Babs

Eddie

starrystarrynight said:

So true, sometimes as readers we have off days. You tend to know when you haven't connected with the cards on that particular day, or sometimes the block can be with one or two cards.
Having said this experience teaches you to override these blocks to a certain extend so for this reason it surprises me that the readings where so different. One positive and one negative is very off.
Maybe the cards where being deliberately confusing, after all you had one answer and then you asked again. Why?
Cards can do this sometimes. You play games with me and I will play games with you.
Something to consider, food for thought.

enchanted spirit

Eddie said:
Maybe the cards where being deliberately confusing, after all you had one answer and then you asked again. Why?
Cards can do this sometimes. You play games with me and I will play games with you.
Something to consider, food for thought.

Oh yeah, that happens! If I keep asking the same question, like I'm not satisfied with the answer, the cards will quit making sense. I've learned to ask a question once and if I'm not satisfied with the answer either drop it or use a different deck. Sometimes switching decks works and sometimes it doesn't. I think that Tarot does not do well with an OCD "are you SURE?" attitude!

I also agree that switching decks and/or layouts could change things slightly, tho it shouldn't really change the outcome, unless time elapsed between readings and something happened in between to change it. I personally do not believe the future is set, and that things can and do change. For me, Tarot just gives insight into what is most likely at this point.