PDA

View Full Version : Storing crystals with decks

harmony1985
27-02-2008, 23:55
Hi
I have just purchased my first tarot bag, its very beautiful blue silk cant wait to receive it :)
I've heard of people keeping crystals in the bags with the decks, is this just to cleanse the cards or are there other reasons?
Also which crystals would be best to keep alongside my decks? And how many? Also are there any specific combinations that may work together well?

MCsea
01-03-2008, 10:59
:)

I just see how things FEEL..

look at your cards and your decks - and see what feels right..

It may depend on what cards you have - my oracles prefer to be with softer stones - rose and lavender quatrz and Avolonite
tarot cards seem to prefer strong coloured (green or golden) calcite crystals mookaitie or tiger eye.

after a heavy reading I will often put black tourmaline or obsidian over the cars to help me disconnect to the reading..

some decks just move around and I find myself placing my jewellry on top of them etc..

I would only take the opportuinity to go buy something completely new for this if you already wanted to have that crystal... there are many reasons to go crystam shopping :D

I also find the size of the crystal often does not impact on the way it 'works' give it a go - some times the crystal only needs to be near the deck for moments rather than weeks for impact :)

I might not put moldavite near my cards - but thats personal preference..

blessings

MARINA

LeaRoseQuartz
01-03-2008, 14:43
I keep my tarot cards in a small wooden box, lined with felt (glued in there) and a small, clear crystal quartz. I feel that kind of crystal is cleansing with strong energy vibrations.

harmony1985
04-03-2008, 19:00
thank you both for your replies...i am going to cleanse all my crystals tonight as they have been sitting in a box for a while and then see which feels right :) also bought some prehnite off ebay especially for me readings after reading about it on here, waiting for it to arrive! :)

MCsea
04-03-2008, 19:28
thank you both for your replies...i am going to cleanse all my crystals tonight as they have been sitting in a box for a while and then see which feels right :) also bought some prehnite off ebay especially for me readings after reading about it on here, waiting for it to arrive! :)

prehnite -ohhhh yea I LOVE THAT TOO! IMHO Green Prehnite motivates success, positive growth and transformation :)

MARINA

sleepingcat
05-03-2008, 01:59
If it's a carrying bag, this might seem dumb to say, but use tumbled stones. x.x; I had a point in with my cards for a while but it scratched them up badly.

I like flourite, citrine, quartz and tourmaline for my cards. I have a huge peice of black tourmaline that i use as therapy for an overused deck, works well.

Malla
05-03-2008, 02:16
For me it seems that different decks like to be with different stones. This took some trial and error. My Gilded deck likes "heavier" feeling (at least to me) stones, like smoky quartz and lapis, but my Dragon deck feels better with "lighter" ones like citrine and rose quartz.

Sometimes you can sort of program a deck with different gems, like if you're going to do a reading for an art project then having some stones associated with creativity and working with projects nearby for a few days helps. :) I use crystals for everything really, and it's quite fun to experiment with their uses for tarot.