Mystic Topaz

tinastardream

I couldn't resist buying a mystic topaz ring online yesterday. I've always been drawn to it. Can't wait to get it!

I know its topaz that is bound with titanium -and that's about it.
Does anyone have any information or experiences with mystic topaz?

Thanks! :)

wumpkie

This is what I found out online Mystic topaz reflects all the colours of the rainbow in one stone. The shades of colour are displayed in amazing ornament-like designs, building a vibrant kaleidoscope of colours displaying a stunning rainbow effect that makes it all at once unique, fashionable, fancy, trend setting, freaky, a symbol of youth, a rebellious mind, or simply the love to be different. The colour, brilliance and clarity of the final product depend very much on the quality, cut and polish of the original gemstone.

The name is all that Mystic topaz is likely to get in this perspective. But since it's a natural gemstone by nature, all the myth of the family applies as well.

Topaz is a very hard gemstone, 8 (Mohs scale) but it can be split with a single blow, a trait it shares with diamond. As a result it should be protected from hard knocks.

Topaz can be found in Brazil, Afghanistan, Australia, China, Japan, Madagascar, Mexico, Myanmar, Namibia, Nigeria, Pakistan, Russia, Sri Lanka, Ukraine, United States and Zimbabwe.

Folklore, Legend, and Healing Properties:

The Egyptians believed that topaz was coloured with the golden glow of the mighty Sun God Ra. This made topaz a very powerful amulet that protected the faithful against harm. The Romans associated topaz with Jupiter, their God of the Sun.

In ancient times it was believed that topaz helps to improve eyesight. The Greeks trusted topaz's supernatural power to increase strength and make its wearer invisible in times of emergency. Topaz was also said to change colour in the presence of poisoned food or drink. Its mystical curative powers changed with the phases of the moon. It was said to cure insomnia, asthma, and hemorrhages.

I never really thought about this stone until this thread, I know my mother has a ring and earrings I always thought the were gorgeous.

ravenest

Hermetically topaz is elemental air, planetary sun and zodiacal Taurus.

The air feeds and purifies the fire of the sun bringing it to an outward earthly 'fertility' through Taurus.