PDA

View Full Version : Since subscribers have gotten bigger avatars

AJ
01-03-2008, 02:29
is it possible we could get something besides grey stars? Would be lovely to have a choice :) but yellow would be cheerful, green would soothe the savage beast...

Alta
01-03-2008, 04:31
I think they are actually supposed to be silver, but I agree, they look gray.

MCsea
01-03-2008, 12:58
Oh - coloured stars - that would be very nice :D

MARINA

firecatpickles
01-03-2008, 13:01
How about having varied colored stars based on post count? That would rock!

The crowned one
01-03-2008, 13:02
Year 1 gray...year 2 blue... year three green.... year 4 yellow .... :) based on subscription years...

MCsea
01-03-2008, 13:16
Year 1 gray...year 2 blue... year three green.... year 4 yellow .... :) based on subscription years...

THATS a great idea - I have been around a while - sometimes read more than I post.. due to time restrictions.. and other things..

I think Moderators could have a really SPECKY colour and Solandia - GOLD??

;)

MARINA

AJ
01-03-2008, 23:50
Subscription years would be fine, but not post count. Number of posts has nothing to do with quality of posts and I find it a Really odd thing to celebrate.

firecatpickles
02-03-2008, 00:50
Subscription years would be fine, but not post count. Number of posts has nothing to do with quality of posts and I find it a Really odd thing to celebrate.
I don't see why post count is an odd thing to celebrate. What of people who have been members since 2001 and have never posted or posted so few times as not to be active in the community at all? Are they contributing to the On-line community? No they are not.

Most people who have high post counts make valuable contributions IMHO.

Also, some people can't afford to be consecutive Subscribers year-after-year. What then?

gregory
02-03-2008, 03:18
Ahem. So do I..... :|

And KK - people who never post would never get a coloured star anyway.... And if you did make 10,000 posts and never posted again since 2002 - you still made that many posts........ so that doesn't even make a difference, sort of.

I know what I mean...... (I think...)

firecatpickles
02-03-2008, 03:30
have never posted or posted so few times as not to be active in the community at allHere is the quote.

And yes, if you are a Subscriber & you have never posted, you would still be treated with stars without having contributed to the community. Solandia does not prune.

;) I think you're just saying that because you are afraid you will take all the stars & leave us with none, Miss (Mr.?) 16,000+ posts :P

The more we post, the more we add, the better AT, is my point. The incentive should be to make this place a bigger & better place by posting. It is an interactive Forum.

gregory
02-03-2008, 03:47
And yes, if you are a Subscriber & you have never posted, you would still be treated with stars without having contributed to the community. Solandia does not prune.

;) I think you're just saying that because you are afraid you will take all the stars & leave us with none, Miss (Mr.?) 16,000+ posts :P

The more we post, the more we add, the better AT, is my point. The incentive should be to make this place a bigger & better place by posting. It is an interactive Forum.
No - I meant that yes, you'd have a basic star if you subscribed, but it would never ever change colour if you never posted. And when your sub dies, so does your star.

But if you subscribe, you do actually contribute in another way as the $$$ help the place keep going for those of us with logorrhoea.

BTW, you KNOW I am a Ms, KK - I am a GRANNY.
Grannies are not MR people !

(And I also don't want to have a different coloured star to everyone else..... Very few of my posts contribute much other than humour.... :|)

firecatpickles
02-03-2008, 03:52
No - I meant that yes, you'd have a basic star if you subscribed, but it would never ever change colour if you never posted. And when your sub dies, so does your star.

But if you subscribe, you do actually contribute in another way as the $$$ help the place keep going for those of us with logorrhoea.

Yes that is a good point.

BTW, you KNOW I am a Ms, KK - I am a GRANNY. I thought we were perpetuating the myth that we didn't like or know each other.

And I just remembered, there is already a ranking system based on post count (see the generic "Citizen" under my username).

gregory
02-03-2008, 03:58
Yes that is a good point.

I thought we were perpetuating the myth that we didn't like or know each other.Oops sorry :| - I am actually a grandFATHER............. :D
And I still hate you, except I don't know you well enough to.... But if I did know you that well, I would. })

And I just remembered, there is already a ranking system based on post count (see the generic "Citizen" under my username).
Indeed.............. But those who prefer to keep generic titles or put mad ones like mine do not show their post count by their "ranking" titles.... (and of course, the post count shows under every name anyway - so is there an extra point to colouring stars for that ?)

elvenstar
02-03-2008, 07:56
Well, I don't mind the silver grey stars, but colours would be nice too for beauty's sake :)

However, I don't think any sort of 'ranking' is needed or even desirable. How long I have been posting for or how often, really has nothing to do with anything in my opinion. It's not a competition (we'd all loose to gregory and couple of others anyway :P) nor does it add anything. If you want to know, you can read the info.

gregory
02-03-2008, 08:12
I wouldn't mind the stars changing colours by year - like car stickers - an immediate indication of how long someone has been around. But years one's been around after first subscribing - so if someone subscribed in 2002, was a non subscriber for 2 years and then came back, all the years would count, sort of. So if someone was broke for a while they would still have that length of "service" if you like.

Solandia
03-03-2008, 12:29
The silver stars aren't an original feature of the forum software (unlike avatars), but an additional hack, so I can't easily add extra levels. I would like for long-term subscribers to have some sort of graphic or marker though.

~ Solandia

MCsea
04-03-2008, 18:38
The silver stars aren't an original feature of the forum software (unlike avatars), but an additional hack, so I can't easily add extra levels. I would like for long-term subscribers to have some sort of graphic or marker though.

~ Solandia

:D

there you go...

MARINA

firecatpickles
04-03-2008, 20:23
I knew Solandia would think of something.

imzadi
10-03-2008, 05:15
Hi everyone!

I'm new!

I don't know how to choose an avatar from my own computer. Can you help me?

Thanx and greetings to everyone!

:)

Alta
10-03-2008, 05:19
Since you are not a subscriber, you will have to use the general ones here.

There is a set available to you immediately and a somewhat larger selection after 100 posts and again after 250 posts.

Here they all are:

http://www.tarotforum.net/misc.php?do=showavatars

To get one posted go into UserCP (upper left of the frame, right under Aeclectic tarot Forum):

Click that and then from the list on the left, choose:

Edit avatar.

In there, choose one by clicking the little circle under it and hit the Save Changes button.

imzadi
10-03-2008, 05:21
Thanx for the info, Marion. :)