Becoming Addicted to Tarot Cards

Bartmanhomer

Hello. I read tarot for dummies and I saw the image of a certain card from a deck. It's a Witches Deck. And my mind told me to buy that deck. But I feel that I already have two decks, The Cachet Deck and The Rider-Waite Deck. I know it's crazy but I really tarot so much that I'm really became a Tarot crazed fanatic.

rosebud_a320

You are not on your own.
I am just learning phase and using the Universal Waite which I love but then I see another and have to resist the urge to buy another....must learn to use current deck properly first! lol

planetmoon

We all know what that is like!

MY son collects Yu-Gi-Oh decks (not the same as Tarot) and I know how he feels when he asks me to buy him a new deck...

lawguy51

Half the fun of Tarot is buying new decks. To the extent you can afford it, buy what you want. It will only enhance your knowledge, even if you feel you can't read with the deck you bought. I stopped counting but I have over 40, for sure. Out of all those decks, I am comfortable reading with about 4 or 5 of them. The rest I just admire. Also, some decks come with really great books, like the decks that come out of the BabaPrague studio.

I say, go for it!

Lawguy51

rosebud_a320

lawguy51 you shouldn't encourage us...
Wow you have the Dali deck *drools*

Bartmanhomer

planetmoon said:
We all know what that is like!

MY son collects Yu-Gi-Oh decks (not the same as Tarot) and I know how he feels when he asks me to buy him a new deck...

I use to be so addictive to Yu-Gi-Oh. But I don't buy these cards anymore. I still play the card game but I don't buy them. I should really start buying Yu-gi-oh cards again, definately later on.

Sinduction

I'm under the impression that my urge to buy more decks comes from "daddy didn't love me enough!" :D

Or maybe it's something else.

MareSaturni

Which Witches deck is that one? ;)

Don't worry, the tarot craze hits most of us...and it only gets worst!

Tarotphelia

lawguy51 said:
Half the fun of Tarot is buying new decks. To the extent you can afford it, buy what you want. It will only enhance your knowledge, even if you feel you can't read with the deck you bought. I stopped counting but I have over 40, for sure. Out of all those decks, I am comfortable reading with about 4 or 5 of them. The rest I just admire. Also, some decks come with really great books, like the decks that come out of the BabaPrague studio.

I say, go for it!

Lawguy51

Well good for you Lawguy. Making no apologies , not cringing in the corner scared to come out and admit you bought the tarot you wanted . At peace with your decisions , enjoying the tarot journey, in control , no conflicts .

Bartmanhomer

Well today I went to Borders and I brought the Witches Deck. Now I'm thinking of buying a Cosmic Tarot Deck. Man I need to stop right now.