Is this normal?

felinefriend

The few reading I've been doing here, I'll glance at the card meanings, but I'll just have this feeling or idea hit me and I'm compelled to run with it. It's actually kind of frightening, to be honest with you, because i'm very careful and I tend to over-think and in my own life. With my own readings, I don't get this at all- there's too much hesitation, and I'm left blank. Yet, for strangers, images or ideas or things or feelings just come popping out and it's almost like I don't know what the hell I'm writing but I'm typing away like mad, and when I re-read at the end, it feels right so I go with it.

This is really unsettling to me, I am wondering if this is normal, or if I need to stop doing readings for a short while and chill out.

elvenstar

It doesn't sound that strange to me. I often get a lot clearer, more 'lively' feelings and ideas when reading for others. Do you get feedback on these readings? Do they make sense to the recipients? If so, keep at it ;)

I don't know if there's such a thing as a 'normal' way or experience of reading, but I'm sure it's not uncommon anyway. Why does it make you feel uncomfortable, though? It's not clear from your post.

Willow Huntermoon

Hi Felinefriend,

That is not strange at all. I belive you are awakening your intuition. I comes clearer when you read for someone because you are detached from the situation.
And yes go with it, you just did a reading for me and it was very accruate the very two people I associate with those two cards for me.
Came out for you, and you were right as to who they were.

Bravo <<clapping>>

blackairplane

That's called intuition baby, and it's the most most thing!!!!! Go with it.

Michelle

You aren't strange at all. You are using your intuition and that's great!

When I do a reading, the cards seem to get my intuition flowing, then I really am not even using the cards. But they are a great tool when I can't connect, and need some help.

Namaste,
Michelle

Demon Goddess

felinefriend said:
The few reading I've been doing here, I'll glance at the card meanings, but I'll just have this feeling or idea hit me and I'm compelled to run with it. It's actually kind of frightening, to be honest with you, because i'm very careful and I tend to over-think and in my own life. With my own readings, I don't get this at all- there's too much hesitation, and I'm left blank. Yet, for strangers, images or ideas or things or feelings just come popping out and it's almost like I don't know what the hell I'm writing but I'm typing away like mad, and when I re-read at the end, it feels right so I go with it.

This is really unsettling to me, I am wondering if this is normal, or if I need to stop doing readings for a short while and chill out.

It's frightening because you don't know where it comes from.

Embrace it, like you would that big scary dog you know loves you soooo much. It's a part of you and it's easy to embrace when you know where it comes from.

The trick is letting go into that and being able to do that when it's YOUR cards you're reading.

felinefriend

I think I kind of get a little unsettled because my intuition always came very randomly for me, and I've never really done readings before now, so I'm just seeing and feeling things as i look at the cards, and sometimes they don't reflect the card's meaning, but I can't seem to get away from it. i have a method-crazy streak where a part of me screams no, you have to look at the card MEANINGS- not what your silly ass self happens to just think and feel! Then I get a bit confused, but so far, I've just been going with the gut.

Like I did a reading on the exchange where I just saw this garden feature pop up in my head, and I tried to ignore it but I ended up going back and adding it on because I felt like a fool but by god, I saw a water feature in a garden so strongly, and I just couldn't ignore it.

Umbrae

When stuff like this happens, you run with it.

Last night I was doing a reading and it was flowing, it was 'on', the stuff coming out of my mouth was 'on'.

And I'm goin' on, 'yada yada yada' and my sitter looks down and says, "This isn't the 'three', it's a 'two'!"

Well gol derned it it weren't. But in her reading, the card was a three - not what was physically there. The meaning - had zip all to do with what was there in front of us. It was though, a great reading.

It just didn't match the cards.

elvenstar

Stuff the meanings :D Well, not really, but the time for 'meanings' in my opinion is when studying. When reading, just go with the flow. Trust yourself and your flashes. The more readings you do, this will become easier, because you'll see that these instincts are spot on. Don't be afraid, embrace it, like others have said, and enjoy the wonderful feeling of using your intuition to help others :)

SunChariot

felinefriend said:

Sounds normal enough to me, although I am not even sure what normal means. If it's happening to you then it;s normal for you.

But the main reason it seems so normal to me is that that is exactly how I read. Sometimes I can barely type the ideas as fast as they come. Not only does it feel right after I'm done,but my readings done this way (and I always read this way now) are very accurate. I have had them called "scary accurate" but a number of people and often I have been told that I used the same expressions that the person the question was about uses, when I know less than nothing about the person. It feels sometiimes a bit like the answers are being dictated to me. And if I try to think too much or write something I am not meant to I get a deep feeling that I am wrong and I can't go on until I change paths.

All this all means is: 1) that you're a sensitive person who has a capacity to pick up on things and 2) that you're being guided.

My personal view on this is that it's a very beautiful thing. This is part of what I find most beautiful it Tarot that it takes our desire to help others and connects us to those who can help us do so.

My personal view on this is that it is G-d or my angels more likely sending me the answers in this way. Because I tend to do a little prayer before a readings, saying that "So and So (the querent) needs my help and I want to help him/her. Please help me find the answers and to have the wisdom to interpret them properly." Then when I do the reading that is the form that help takes for me. I am guided in that way by G-d/the angels who I have just asked for help from. For me that is the form that help takes.

And for me , again, I find that connection that is always tehre for me when I want to help someone amazingly beautiful. I do get a lot of guidance now in my life in other ways too now than through cards. Learning to read was what first opened me up to it though. But how beautiful it is to live in a world where we are so connected and guided when we need it! And to me what you are describing is (Divine) guidance. You are receiving help and direction to help the querents who come to you and need your services.

I think it's a wonderful thing, and for me I feel happy for you. I also think that as long as you read you will likely experience this, so I hope you can learn to love and embrace it as I have. What you're describing is a true intuitive exerience. And if you can become comfortable with the process I truly hope you can expand your skills so that you can do the same in your readings you do for yourself.

Babs