Cat's Eye Ball

tabi

So Tim (boyfriend) and I went to the local New Age shop, which was actually opened! :bugeyed: I was looking around when I stopped to look at their selection of crystal balls.

The lady said that most of them are "Cat's Eye"...umm...so could someone please explain exactly what that is? I did go ahead and get one..actually Tim did he even insisted on picking it out since he was buying it...lucky for me it was the same one I liked. ;) I figured it could help me meditate if nothing else.

My cat's eye is a pretty peach-pink tone with a band of white or lighter tone running around the center it measures roughly 2mm. There are tiny tiny dots all of the sides that are clear but the strip is more opaque.

Any information would be greatly appreciated, Tabi

morticia monroe

OOOOoo! I don't know much about them, but I've seen them before and they are gorgeous!! Can you post it?

tabi

morticia monroe said:
OOOOoo! I don't know much about them, but I've seen them before and they are gorgeous!! Can you post it?

No...no camera...if I get one I'll take a picture of it. I have to help a friend in Cali who's daughter is doing a school project. (It's strange don't ask...anyway). If I do get a throw away I'll try to take the best picture I can. This is the best I can do right now: Pink one, however mine isn't that pink when I frist awa it I thought it was rose quartz when it was stilling on the wooden display but it is peach in the light and even paler yellowish tone of peach family.

Furnacechant

Cat's Eye is usually an artificial form of Tiger's Eye made from fiber optic glass. I'll bet it's beautiful, though!

morticia monroe

Absolutely gorgeous! Uh-oh,,,now I want one...... :)

tabi

It is very pretty! I was just wondering what it was exactly...:p

MCsea

Although there is a real chatoyant stone called cat's eye - Chrysoberyl, what you are describing is synthetic.
The cat's eye or shimmer, technically called chatoyancy, makes these sooo attractive. Made essentially from the same materials used in telephone fiber optic cables. They are created from quartz fibers which are fused together, then machine-cut into shapes...

I posted in another thread about the metaphysical properties of 'glass' enhanced or created glass IMHO human made or enhanced crystals hold much power for me..
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=94438

:)

MARINA

tabi

I just tried my first reading with it...noted here, also got a helluva a headache because of it.