Querent vs. querent

yakn

deleted post

Sulis

I would advise you not to get so worked up about something like this. I can't really see a problem.
She asked you and then told someone else that you wanted to do a reading for her.. Maybe she didn't want to say to the other person that she had asked for a reading...

If you read for folks then you read for folks, I can't see any point in getting upset by the small things and this (in my opinion) is a small thing.

yakn

Sulis said:
I would advise you not to get so worked up about something like this. I can't really see a problem.
She asked you and then told someone else that you wanted to do a reading for her.. Maybe she didn't want to say to the other person that she had asked for a reading...

If you read for folks then you read for folks, I can't see any point in getting upset by the small things and this (in my opinion) is a small thing.

You're right after I wrote it all down and read it over I felt like a big ol' baby.
If her comment was the worst thing to ever have happened or been said to or about me I would be floating on cloud nine now lol or as my grandmother would say "steppin in high clover"

yakn

Alta

I agree with your second thoughts and with Sulis. People will always alter things to look a little better. Well, that's life.

It was nice of you to do the reading, and hopefully will be of help to her in some way.

M

Imagemaker

I have a friend who will always turn around her description of a situation like that--when she has asked for something and gotten it, she'll report the event to others by eliminating *her* need in the asking and turn it into the giver's "need" to give her the thing.

Does that make sense?--writing it is complicated!

I've always thought that she protects herself that way from looking needy, makes her look so benevolent in accepting what others "want" to give her.

celticnoodle

Yakn, I can understand where at the moment it was a bit aggravating for you, but yes, I also agree with your 2nd post and with Sulis.

Some people may be interested in having tarot readings and such, but embarrassed at the same time to allow their friends or relatives even know they seek out such. Heck, I even have family members who will constantly ask me for a reading, but they sure will not allow their best friends to even know about it, because of the 'embarrassment' of it. So, as a tarot reader, you'll always encounter people like this and just have to roll with the punches.

satine

Imagemaker said:
I've always thought that she protects herself that way from looking needy, makes her look so benevolent in accepting what others "want" to give her.

Yes, this is exactly what she's doing, and not just for the protection of her "image" with others but even (perhaps) to protect herself from facing how needy she is or may be.

yakn

yep once I got it out of my head and into print it didn't seem that big of a deal just kinda blindsided me. Heck my own mom says tarot is sooo evil that is unless she wants to know something and asks me for a reading then of course if it doesn't say what she wants to hear it's evil again or if it does say what she wants it to then it's I knew that already

yakn