PDA

View Full Version : What is it, please?

HearthCricket
04-03-2008, 23:55
Anyone know what mineral this is? It has blue, purple, gold and a little green/turqouise in it and is super glittery. I bought 2 at the local store and we were so busy chatting it up they forgot to slip in the information and I forgot to read the label! I love it! Thank you!

FantasyWorld
04-03-2008, 23:56
Peacock Ore

BodhiSeed
05-03-2008, 00:07
"Peacock Ore" which is sold to many mineral collectors and thought to be Bornite, is usually Chalcopyrite that is treated with acid to produce a stronger iridescent tarnish.
Who would ever think tarnish could be so beautiful? :D

nanab
05-03-2008, 00:14
I have one of these, but mine is not shiny, but it has every color of the rainbow. Absolutely beautiful.

HearthCricket
05-03-2008, 00:16
Ah, thank you! It is gorgeous and I love it! My husband thought it started with a C!! Thank you, gang! :)

flicker
05-03-2008, 01:05
very cute stones and really shimmery. I like the rainbow colours on them.

Alta
05-03-2008, 06:49
Some off topic posts removed. Some used to start a new thread (http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=94701) in Spirituality (the ones discussing the Salem witches).

Marion
Moderator, Crystals & Herbs

morticia monroe
05-03-2008, 07:47
I've never seen one of those "in person". Are they really as irridescent and bright as they are in the photos, or are they wet?

autumnsdaughter
05-03-2008, 07:53
Yup, they are that bright! I have one, and boy is it pretty. I find that it is also very useful in helping me to recall information- like where I put things... all I do is hold it and breathe deeply. Then I remember where I've put it!

It is also helpful for synthesizing information- so after I've researched a topic, I will meditate with it, and it helps me to put all of the puzzle pieces together.

NightQueen
05-03-2008, 07:57
I love this crystal, its one of my favourites, I'm so connected to all things "peacock" i dunno why though:)

HearthCricket
05-03-2008, 08:30
LOL No, they are quite dry and they are very glittery and irridescent and have amazing colours. I love them. They really catch your eye. A friend mentioned she had seen some really large ones. I would love to get my hands on something like that! What an excellent meditation stone it would make!