FNAC beware? FYI

SolSionnach

Hi folks,
If you've bought a deck from FNAC and used paypal, you may have entered into a merchant agreement with them - and anytime they ask paypal for money from you, paypal will just send it to them.

I inadvertently did just that, and while they haven't emptied my bank account, I found out how to check for the merchant agreement, and how to back out of it on paypal.

Here are the instructions from paypal:

To cancel a Payment Agreement on a merchant-by-merchant basis:

1. Log in to your account at https://www.paypal.com/.
2. Click "Profile" at the top of the page.

3. Click the "Pay List" link in the Financial Information column.

4. Find the merchant whose agreement you want to cancel.

5. Click on the merchant's name or email address.

6. Click the "Cancel" link.

I just thought that folks might be interested to know this. You might check there anyway, in case you've established any other inadvertent payment agreements...

Sravana

firecatpickles

What is FNAC?

SolSionnach

kilts_knave said:
What is FNAC?

It's a French store that carries the Tarocchi Celtici by Laura Tuan (among others). I wanted that deck, which is why I ordered from them.

lilangel09

Nope, no sarcasm... I actually thought FNAC was a person. Shows my ignorance. *looks around* The internet is a wonderful thing for expressing emotions... I do hope that you get your money back though. :)

Alta

sravana said:
I wonder what happened to lilangel09's post? It was rather sarcastic.. ;)
I removed it because it had been edited to say : "Please delete"

WolfSpirit

sravana said:
Hi folks,
If you've bought a deck from FNAC and used paypal, you may have entered into a merchant agreement with them - and anytime they ask paypal for money from you, paypal will just send it to them.

I inadvertently did just that, and while they haven't emptied my bank account, I found out how to check for the merchant agreement, and how to back out of it on paypal.

Thanks for the heads up Sravana, I will check this when I get on my home computer. I know that Fnac only claimed the money I had sent them over paypal when they actually sent the deck. I don't remember signing an agreement with them - maybe it is something for overseas customers ? Anyway I'll check. I intend to place another order with them for French decks, lol. I was very happy with the way they handled my order :)

Skimo

The Fnac is a wellknow big french library chain.

I don't think there is a reason to worry.

But the paypal thing is quite strange...