PDA

View Full Version : How do you choose?

morticia monroe
06-03-2008, 12:43
How do you choose a stone when you want to work with it? For instance, I know that we have books that tell us what certain stones to use for what specific ailments, so I wonder...

When you are sick, tired, mentally cluttered, whatever, and reach for a stone to help you, do you grab the ones that books tell you are right for that specific problem, or do you look at your stones and take the one that is drawing you in?

bershka
06-03-2008, 12:47
As a beginner, I look at books that tell me the issues crystals heal.

I use blue calcite for relaxing, angelite for compassion and connect to angels, azeztulite for spiritual vibration, dentritic agate for plant pots... basically I am following Judy Hall's book and it has been helping me a lot!

I am not at the stage where I can pick a crystal and figure out its healing properties :D

Hope this helps!!

morticia monroe
06-03-2008, 12:59
Thanks for your reply, Bershka. I bought myself Judy Hall's "Encyclopedia of Crystals" for Christmas, and I have also been reading and learning (although I think there are just far too many for me to ever memorize).

I know that in tarot, you use what comes to your mind as much as using what you have learned from books, and so I am wondering if others use the intuition method as well for their crystals.

I've never really tried to use them for healing or meditation, I just sometimes feel the need to hold one, and at the beginning of the day I go to my crystal case and find the one that is saying "Choose me!" and it goes on my daily rounds with me. At other times, I am drawn to the case and a particular stone will simply seem to want to be handled for awhile, and so I do.

autumnsdaughter
06-03-2008, 13:31
I think that the way you are doing it is really the best way... follow your intuition. I will sometimes look up a stone's properties, but not always.

Use whatever calls out to you! Let your intuition be your guide.

afrosaxon
06-03-2008, 13:43
How do you choose a stone when you want to work with it? For instance, I know that we have books that tell us what certain stones to use for what specific ailments, so I wonder...

When you are sick, tired, mentally cluttered, whatever, and reach for a stone to help you, do you grab the ones that books tell you are right for that specific problem, or do you look at your stones and take the one that is drawing you in?

I do both.

I don't have any books on crystals, but I've bookmarked a couple of the sites that were recommended in this forum. I look up the properties of certain crystals, then let the stones that I have from the suggested list (that are in my personal collection) tell me which one to use at that time.

For example: not too long ago, I needed to do some work on my 4th chakra. I looked up the stones used for such a thing and checked that list against what I actually had at home (I had rose quartz, jade, malachite, morganite, agate). Then I pulled out those stones and went with the one that spoke the most to me (in that case, morganite).

I also was called to use golden rutilated quartz as well, which gave a boosting effect to the morganite.

Hope this helps!

T.

morticia monroe
06-03-2008, 14:02
Afrosaxon that makes good sense to me. I need to find a site that lists the ailment, then gives you the stone needed for it.

You have all been listing so many different stones, and many of them I haven't heard of. Like tarot decks, they could probably get way out of hand for me, because I find them ALL so beautiful. Even the dinosaur poo I bought. :)

afrosaxon
06-03-2008, 14:36
Afrosaxon that makes good sense to me. I need to find a site that lists the ailment, then gives you the stone needed for it.

You have all been listing so many different stones, and many of them I haven't heard of. Like tarot decks, they could probably get way out of hand for me, because I find them ALL so beautiful. Even the dinosaur poo I bought. :)

LOL!

Morticia, these are the sites I like to visit:

www.crystal-cure.com (preferred -- good information!)

www.jenniferkennedy.com (she has some stones listed that aren't on the other site)

wumpkie
06-03-2008, 17:28
I agree with the intution part for picking crystals for myself. There have been many a time where I have bought new crystals that I have been drawn to. Rushed home so I could look up there meanings and find out that their healing properties are related to an issue that I have at that moment. Or I will be examining my crystals at home, pick up one I feel drawn to or just have to look at and once again find out that it is has properties that I needed in my life at that time.
As for other people I do look into my books or online for the information needed as I want to give other people the correct advice. But I'm sure in the future I will be able to just 'know'

LeaRoseQuartz
06-03-2008, 18:11
When I need a stone for a problem, I sometimes use a book and other times I use stones that correspond to the chakra that is in the area of the problem. I also go by what season it is (direction color) or astrological element color.

Sophie
06-03-2008, 20:10
I don't choose. The stones choose me.

MCsea
06-03-2008, 20:35
I don't choose. The stones choose me.

Indeed!

I find that crystals find me out - they call to me - particularly when Im in a crystal SHOP!!

spending time with crystals - really helps..
and I think crystals do work differently for some people - its quite personal when it gets down to specific crystals..

:)