Using the number sequences to interpret the layers of tension

Alta

la_dama_de_noche said:
Dear Marion,
My interpretation of The Lovers is maybe a little different but I think it might help in understanding your situation, it is based on Conver's Tarot de Marseille and on the study of the Sacred Name of God, on Geomancy etc.and is made on three different levels: NUMBER - IMAGE - NAME
First we have to consider the position of number six in the three series of numbers from one to nine.
We know that the letters which form the name YOD-HE-VAU-HE represent the guideline to understand numbers, being YOD the active principle, HE the passive one and VAU being the symbol of the equilibrium.
YOD is 1
HE is 2
VAU is 3
as well as the 1st series of three numbers is dedicated to the active and creative principle
the 2nd series is the one of the passive principle
and the 3rd refers to the equilibrium.
This leads us to the conclusion that
1 is the beginning of something new
2 is the opposition to this beginning and
3 ist the equilibrium of something new which consolidates
while
4 is the beginning of an opposition
5 is the opposition to the opposition and
6 is the equilibrium of the opposition that is the consolidation of the opposition
and
7 is the beginning of equilibrium
8 is the opposition to equilibrium and at last
9 is the equilibrium of equilibrium

Now as we are interested in number VI, we have already seen how six represents the maximum of opposition to what we wish and indicates that we are living an epoch of our life where things don't move and no changes are to be espected.
In fact, when we pass to examine the image, which must be considered in relationship with the one which comes before and the one that follows, plus the card XX which shows us in a certain way a different aspect of the same concept, we have to notice what follows:
if number V, due to the representation of an enormous figure dominating two small ones and the meanings of the five pointed star of the Pentacle, is the description of the power of Spirit over material things, and VII is the description of the power of the Illuminate (the Prince) over animal instincts (the horses), VI show us the Pupil drawn of the same size as the two women representing temptations, the intention of the Author being that of showing us the Pupil in the act of forgetting the true purposes of his Voyage through the Reign of the Deads in search of Truth.
Actually the character who appears up above is often misinterpreted: he is not Cupid but the Genius of Justice ready to throw his arrow to punish he who won't choose in the correct way, and this character will appear in his full splendour in card XX as the Angel of Justice calling up souls on Doom's Day and where the Pupil has transformed himself in the Adept.
As refers to the name of the card, it's important to consider the Original Tarot deck which, in his first version, isn't LES AMOUREUX the translation of which is THE LOVERS.
The original name, before the misinterpretation, is LAMOUREUX which is a very common name in France, it's obvious, then, that the intention of the Author is making a pun and the message is: even if the three charecters may seem lovers...THEY AREN'T.
My advise, Marion, is that you meditate over the reasons of this situation, try and find out them and correct your attitude, don't be anxious and remember that love comes when we are relaxed. When VI appears, especially if accompanied by 2, which, according to the Tetragramaton, is the opposition to the beginning, means that you aren't ready to start a new period of your life...meditate and you'll find the reasons.
I hope my English is not too bad and that you've understood me.
La Dama de Noche
I was thinking about this post today and pulled it up, an answer to a long-since question of mine about relationships. But I was thinking about numbers and sequences and the tensions between them, and how they play out in interpretation of reading cards.

I find the idea presented as sequences within sequences to be intriguing, but since la_dama_de_noche did stay around Aeclectic, I was hoping that someone else would understand this system and expand it a bit. It does seem helpful in interpreting the cards.

btw, I assumed she meant the RWS deck but as she was based in Europe, I think, perhaps this about the Marseilles. Not sure.

Is anyone else familiar with this system? and could they expand on it a bit?

Marion

Aoife

Hi Marion, this appears to be the Papus system - but rather than the word 'equilibirum', my notes have 'realisation', but the concepts are otherwise the same.