Tarot....to you!

Breezy

So, I was thinking,
I have seen a lot of movies, working for Netflix, and in the movies Tarot usage seems to be way different that I am learning it to be. I suppose that like any other life long development, it could mean something differnet to every reader. But it just seems like there is a huge misunderstanding on what Tarot is used for. Does that make sense.. I hope so.

But I just wanted to get an idea of all the different outlooks/ interpretations there are of Tarot and the reading of Tarot cards. And how magical if at all you all think it is. :) Just curious.

I am excited to hear about it to kind of adapt the teachings and practices of everyone on this Forum.

Thanks guys.

MistressNatasha

Well...

I do believe that everyone has their own view on Tarot. My personal view is that it is a way to find answers to questions. I ask it questions and it tells me answers. If I'm correct, movies tend to make it seem like Tarot involves witchcraft of some sort. I believe that's untrue. I believe magick has nothing to do with it. I just think your guardian angel/higher-self/spiritual guide chooses the cards to get the message to you. This is, of course, my own personal opinion. Everyone else may see it differently. :)

You too have/will have your own idea on the Tarot. :)

~Mistress Natasha

Abrac

We all have an inherent ability to guess the future and know things that can't be perceived with the senses. We wouldn't be able to get by without it. I believe that what some call "psychic ability" is simply these faculties developed to a high degree. The cards are tools a person uses to help them develop. I know some people strongly believe there is something inherently magical about the cards themselves and this is mostly the view that gets portrayed in movies and TV. I don't see this as necessarily a bad thing. It's an important step. Magical thinking is like training wheels. You need it until you realize it is no longer necessary.

Rainforest Elf

So my friend, my opinion on tarot is rather new, but, I think we make the magic of Tarot ourselves. A picture is worth 1000 words, and when there are 78 tiny pictures telling us a story about ourselves, it can help us access our unconscious thoughts, and things we're not aware of in our every day life. Tarot helps me get in touch with myself and makes me question things and think of a larger picture, and how these symbols can factor into my day, or factor into whatever question I’m asking.

We can use the tarot to increase our understanding of things around us, make us more in tune with our emotions. Tarot helps me access a part of me I tend to shut away because of the skeptical, logical side of my personality. I guess you could say I shut off my sixth sense sometimes, or my intuition.

And that being said, I never ask the Tarot something I don’t want to know the answer to. Sometimes, it’s better to have that hope of not knowing.

As I’ve mentioned to you before, I feel that Tarot is around to help us access our unconscious thoughts, feelings, and awareness that are already floating around in our minds, much like our dreams do. I’ve always found my dreams to be a very real representation of issues I was facing in my life that I wasn’t always able to get ahold because I was hiding them, or pushing them to the back of my mind. Tarot is a way to bring these hidden issues to light. My dreams are the other.

I am starting to think that, the tarot certainly has a mythical quality to it, and I believe in consulting it for whatever question I want to ask it, but nothing is permanent. These cards are not a solid sealed fate if I choose to listen to their message and go down another path.

Breezy

Rainforest Elf said:
As I’ve mentioned to you before, I feel that Tarot is around to help us access our unconscious thoughts, feelings, and awareness that are already floating around in our minds, much like our dreams do. I’ve always found my dreams to be a very real representation of issues I was facing in my life that I wasn’t always able to get ahold because I was hiding them, or pushing them to the back of my mind. Tarot is a way to bring these hidden issues to light. My dreams are the other.

I think this is really good. I really just wanted to get a feel for what other thought about and like Mistress Natasha said

Mistress Natasha said:
You too have/will have your own idea on the Tarot. :)

So hearing all this is great :D

6 Haunted Days

I'm one of those (and there are are many of us!) that still hold that Tarot is an Art and it's filled with mystery, magic, other realms, the supernatural and immense spiritual energy. In the recent past years, it seems most think of Tarot only as a psychological thing, a mental exercise....

Just some little thoughts, I have so much more where those came from! ;)

Tarot is so much a part og who I am, my faith and spirituality....

AJ

If you will think about it, most presentations in movies and on tv have very little connection to reality.

Real police, doctors, hairdressers, phone repair-persons, do Not behave as they would in real life. It is all about the story, reality has nothing to do with it.