PDA

View Full Version : cannot log out

celticnoodle
10-03-2008, 12:41
I've noticed alot of problems lately with the site, and one of them being that I cannot seem to log out completely.

I select the 'log out' in the right hand corner, but when I get back on again, I never have to log in. The site shows up with me already logged in. Does anyone know why the site has been acting oddly lately?

6 Haunted Days
10-03-2008, 12:53
I just noticed something weird....it says I last logged in a day ago at 12.45, when in fact I have logged in for a day and 22 hours!

Did someone log into my name or is it just a glitch?

I have noticed other odd things....

faunabay
10-03-2008, 13:18
I haven't been able to log out for quite some time. In the past I could log out, then log back in under a friends name to do some work with her avatar. But about a month??? ago I tried to do that again and it wouldn't work. And haven't been able to log out at all now!

I'm glad you posted this celticnoodle. I thought it was a glitch in my computer. I didn't realize other people were having the same problem.

Grigori
10-03-2008, 13:22
The log out is working for me correctly. What browser are you guys using?

Grip Dellabonte
10-03-2008, 13:55
I can't log out, either. And as far as I know, I'm just using Explorer.

6 Haunted Days
10-03-2008, 14:58
BTW I can log out fine.

Solandia
10-03-2008, 16:52
Problems with logging out are nearly always related to the forum cookies on your computer. Details on how to manually remove them in IE are here...

http://www.tarotforum.net/faq.php?faq=vb_user_maintain#faq_vb_clear_cookies

~ Solandia

Grip Dellabonte
10-03-2008, 21:57
Cleared the cookies. Mine's working now. Thanks, Solandia! :)

gregory
11-03-2008, 02:39
I just noticed something weird....it says I last logged in a day ago at 12.45, when in fact I have logged in for a day and 22 hours!

Did someone log into my name or is it just a glitch?

I never log out. I think when I am on line for something else, AT shows me as on forum - I have had IMs from friends on my ISP site from people saying "I see you're on line" -and they have worked that out from my little dot turning green - even though, while my browser is open, I am not actually not on AT. If you see what I mean. Could that be it ?

bluefairy
06-04-2008, 14:30
do you always have to log out because i just close the window and shut off the computer.is that why my subscription hasn't kick in yet i did it yesturday.

Grigori
06-04-2008, 15:04
do you always have to log out because i just close the window and shut off the computer.is that why my subscription hasn't kick in yet i did it yesturday.

No, I never log out unless I'm on someone else's computer or a public one. If your using your own computer, and not worried that anyone else on that computer can get into your account here, then don't worry about logging out.

Subscriptions are a seperate issue. They need to be activated by Solandia personally, so likely Solandia has not been online since you upgraded and so you don't have access yet. Give it another day or two. Its the weekend and Solandia did mention she'd have limited access this weekend as she's attending a wedding. Monday you should be flying through all the extra sections :D

bluefairy
06-04-2008, 15:07
thanxs a bunch for getting back to me so soon ..have a great night