I need some help with all the Abbreviations please..LOL

Breezy

Ok.. so here are the ones that I know:
RWS- Rider Waite Smith
UF- Universal Fantasy
UW- Universal Waite

But There are a couple more that people use that I cannot remember. And I get kind of lost as to what they are talking about..

HAHA I know I am a NOOB! But if there is some secret code tarot language.. well then I want in the club.. :p hope you can help this poor soul. LOL

Matt

Faolainn Storm

Don't worry you're not the only one to wonder at some of the abbrieviations. I am still puzzled by a few! :D
Okay here's a few more common ones:
BG = Bohemian Gothic
BBC = Baroque Bohemian Cats
VR = Victorian Romantic (not as I thought for a while the Victoria Regina!)
There are many others but thats all I can think of at this time!

Faolainn Storm

ETA: Went through a few of the other threads and came up with a few more:
ODW = One Deck Wonder, a project involving the use of only one deck to do readings with for a period of time.
IDS = Intensive Deck Study, a project involving the intense study of only one deck for a period of time.
OOP = Out of Print
ISO = In search of (in the Tarot trading forum)
TdM = Tarot de Marseilles
GW = Greenwood
IIT = International Icon Tarot
WoC = Wheel of Change
CoLT = Circle of Life Tarot
PoW = Pearls of Wisdom
DC = Druidcraft
RW = Robin Wood

oh, and ETA = Edited to add! :D

As you can see there are a lot of abbrieviations used here. If you encounter one you don't know, just ask, someone is usually nice enough to explain for you. Even some of us who have been here years still have to ask at times. :)

6 Haunted Days

ToD - Tarot of Dreams
ToP - Tarot of Prague
BG - Bohemian Gothic

You know it just occured to me, every deck is at one or another abbreviated on here, so there is obviously too many to list!

OOP is one used often, that is out of print.

Master_Margarita

ODW=One Deck Wonder, a project where people committed to use 1 deck only for some months
IDS=Intensive Deck Study, the same as above, only different.
COS=Circle of Stones, a reading exchange
ISG=Intuitive Study Group, also a reading exchange I think

HTH :D

:heart: M_M~

Annabelle

Anyone remember what ISO means? I know I should know it . . . but it's slipped my mind. See it all the time in the Trading forum.

PeterS

Iso

ISO I think means "In search of" but that is just my guess

Peter

Formicida

a few more off the top of my head

ISO = in search of
BGS = Bohemian Gothic Silver
IIT = International Icon Tarot
WCS = Waite Coleman Smith (used by some to refer to what others call the RWS, as a statement that Rider had very little to do with the thing, and the artist's full last name was Coleman Smith, not just Smith)

WolfSpirit

I don't know why people always need to abbreviate the names of decks. There are so many of them, noone can keep count of them all.

When I make a post about a deck I always write the name in full the first time I mention it. I think that's just common courtesy.
Erm...when I remember to do it of course, hehe. I don't think it is necessary to always write everything in full of course but it is good to keep in mind not everyone knows what you're on about if you abbreviate.
YMMV :D

Another important abbreviation:
LWB = little white booklet (the one that usually comes with a deck)

Skimo

About abbreviations, what does ROLFMAO means?

WolfSpirit

Rolling On Floor Laughing My Ass Off ? (do I have all letters covered now :p )