Cards and blessings

SphinYote

Someone on here once suggested leaving cards in books for people to find.

I'm thinking about doing something similar later this summer, buy one of the more uplifting decks and simply write positive messages to go with each card and leave themfor people to find.

I am reluctant to do this with a "standard" deck that runs the gamut between positive and negative, because I really don't think people would be pleased to discover a standard "Death", "three of Swords" or "ten of Swords" (for example), no matter what the accompanying message is.

So, have an idea but I need to check and see if Tarot of Transition is still in print (Cori and Arlenea authors, as I know there is more than one deck by this name), or what else might be suitable--hoping to get just the deck as I already have the set, if only the set is avilable, will look into a different deck.

Wondering if anyone else has done this, and if anyone has additional ideas.

Eowyn

Well, an amazing idea for sure!

Several years ago, I was on a little yard at college. I was sitting on a bench and I stared at the ground. In front of me there was a little mud pool, and something was showing its point. There was a card. I clean it up and keept it for years. I dont know where is it now, I think is inside an old agenda. I remember the image, although I don't know wich maze or deck does it belongs anymore... it was a beautiful surprise to come from the mud in a winter day ;)

So go on with your idea! Its fantastic... better with books. Its much more significant.

Now... wich books are you leaving them into? Wich library? That's a whole story, too! Will you choose specific cards for specific books? Oh that would be so much fun!!!

Sinduction

How about using an inspirational oracle instead? Then pretty much every card is positive.

Grizabella

I think if the intent is to give Tarot a better image with the public, then Tarot cards are the only way to do the job. And I think that's a great idea. :)

Imagemaker

This would be fun. Maybe with a deck that's missing a card or a deck you can let go of--and just put out the positive ones.

Rainforest Elf

I really like this idea! But where would you write the positive messages? On the cards themselves? Or what? And would you leave the cards in libraries, bookstores...?

I'd like to do something like this myself, if for no other reason than I really like being random and leaving things that might brighten other people's days, or possibly even confuse them! I'm a bit of a tricky little sprite =)

The story of finding a tarot card in the mud really resonates with me. How magical that must have been to find it as a child. That card must be so sentimental now.

Faolainn Storm

And if nothing else you can always freak the fundementalists out! :D

HearthCricket

I have done this with some of the lovely extra cards I have received from Baba-Prague in the tarot bags. I keep them for a while, and then I tuck them in cards or a book, or on a shelf at a store, for someone to come across. I have even left some on graves at cemeteries when I have visited. The Strength, Love and Chariot cards from the Fantastic Menagerie or the Victorian Flower Oracle...it has been really cool knowing these are being passed on, so long as someone doesn't grab them and just crumple them up. Pass it on to someone who will surely receive it. I find it very similar to holy cards that I have found in old Bibles and prayer books or hymnals that are passed on or you find at used bookstores. It really sends a powerful message to the receiver. :)

MoonLitCrystal

What a neat idea. I smile just thinking about how I would feel if I found a Tarot card in my path :) I feel that if you did this, the card would find its way to exactly the right person at exactly the right time.

Alta

I think it is a lovely idea, but as others have said, suggest staying with the positive appearing cards. You are trying to spread blessings, not terrify someone. Only a tarot reader understands about negative cards having positive connotations. A non-tarot person would only see the surface appearance.