wet cards

beachcomb

has anyone found there cards wet?

i just did and half the deck is drying on the table(the other half of the deck is fine). do i have to replace the cards? is there a special spread i do to see if the deck is o.k? is there a way to tell my deck i'm sorry? because i don't want it to be mad at me i told her that i would knit her a special pouch, since i had to throw away the box, but i don't know if that will be enough.

i'm new and this is a first for me and i'm worried that having damaged cards will affect future readings.

thanks for any help.

Grizabella

Decks don't get mad at you. They're just paper and ink. Dry the cards and if they're too ruined for you to use them once you've dried them, then just get a new deck and either keep that deck or throw it out. Or use it for a craft project or something.

Alta

See how the cards are when dry. If they are crinkly or something, get a replacement deck if you are able.

Please don't start thinking that your cards are angry with you, that puts too much power outside yourself via projection and weakens your confidence.

Eowyn

OMG of course a piece of paper wont be mad at you ;)

But I would try iron them instead of drying them over the table.. paper ussually bends this way. Also, if you iron them, dont do it directly, you will need something to put in between.... but you are offline now... so probably the cards are already dry :p

Astraea Aurora

I would fear to be in a room together with my Bohemian Gothic if it would have gone mad at me for baptising it in green tea! :eek:

No serious, it will be what ever status you give it.
If you think your deck needs to be worshipped and appeased like a Greek God then you will think you need to do something now.
If you think it's a good friend whom you trust you might feel you need to say "I'm sorry" and do whatever you'd do with a real life friend to pour oil on troubled waters.
If you feel the need to ask your deck if it's ok then draw one cards as the deck's answer.
If you think your deck is nothing more than paper and ink, dry it, iron it, try to gather as many intact cards as possible and move on.

The power lies within you, not in the cards.

Astraea Aurora :grin:

beachcomb

thanks so much everyone for the confidence!

i let them dry on the table and they are wobbly so i ironed them bewteen some towels and they are now flat and back to normal.

and i'm happy that cards don't get mad :) because i'm sure more accidents will happen.

thanks so much !!!!!!!!!

kwesifriends

My first deck also wet because of my saliva! :D All you need to do is dry it in a warm place not in the cold place because it will stick. wait to dry it then hide it. Thats all I did but still some of the cards are getting old easily so be careful on your card. Why don't you read "Tarot Tips" There are too many tips there have fun!

rcb30872

I have had that problem, too. Just be extra careful with them when they are wet, pick them up very, very gently, they tend to rip a lot easier when wet, like most things that are made of paper, or card.

If they have been wet for a very little time, then you won't have much to worry about. But if they have been for a longer period, the two layers separate, the backing and the actual piece that the image is on.

Best of luck.