A bad connection...or right on?

shemsu sutekh

Hello, all, it's been awhile :D

I do readings pretty regularly from my home over the internet (pregant and already have a 1 year old makes for not so good face to face readings), but a very strange thing happened to me today. I did a reading for someone, and they immediately sent it back to me, saying it didn't pertain to them in the least. It really caught me off guard, because the reading was smooth, the information came easily and I felt a good connection.

The querent wasn't angry or standoffish, they just explained to me their situation and it was very clear to both them and myself that there was no way the reading could have anything to do with them. I apologized, cleansed the area I do readings in and did a small grounding exercise and read for them again. This time the information was much different and clearly applied to them, now that I knew more about the situation.

The problem is, I think the first reading I got was for me. I never noticed it, but when I was studying the cards I drew carefully, they made absolutely no sense for this person, and perfect sense for my situation. After doing the second, clearer reading for them, this became quite clear.

Has this ever happened to anyone, and if so, was that reading meant for you and was it accurate? Or was it just a passing "strange thing"? It's never happened to me before, so any advice or like situations would really help.

Thanks!

GenoviaJ

I dont do professional readings, but I have had this happen when reading for friends. Its not really projection- or the cards picking up on you. I think the cards pick up on similarities of both parties and may give you a reading that is helpful to both of you. Remember like energies attract. You maybe more aware of your situation and how it applies to you, were as the other parties understanding of that aspect of their situation has not yet evolved yet. In other words you have fast forwarded to a point in time where your similarities meet. I suspect that you may eventually hear from that client and the reading will make sense to them, way down the road some where.

shemsu sutekh

Hey, GenoviaJ, thanks for replying. I totally understand what you mean. It is true about like energies.

The only thing is, I probably should have elaborated, this was a love reading, and the reading showed a bad relationship that needed to come to an end. However, this person had not been in a relationship for two years. I, however, am in a very rocky relationship that was summed up perfectly with this reading. It's too strange :)

GenoviaJ

Well, that is a wee bit different, unless the relationship in question is with herself. (or her past- maybe future) Tarot has no time.

rcb30872

This has happened to me a few times. They said that I was wrong, so I did the reading again, completely different cards and the reading was so much more positive. I tend to think that sometimes when we do the readings for those that are online, they may not know that we are going to read for them at that time, so their thoughts and feelings about the situation is not going to affect the reading. So, in that instance it might simply be that you gave them something that they really didn't want to hear right at that moment.

However, in this situation, even though the relationship has ended, it more than likely still has a bearing on her at the time. Probably affecting the chances of her finding the sort of love relationship that she wants, but what she gets instead. Also, it might not be a love relationship, in that sense, it could be indicating a family member or a friend that shows that sort of characteristics or whatever, that you got in the reading.

Very complex. As for GenoviaJ, yes, tarot has not time frame. I had readings done professionally that hadn't come to pass until years after!

:love:

Bec