Astrology Dice

Aerin

I have the above dice, courtesy of Pook.

One is numbered 1-12, for the houses. One has the planetary signs on it. One has the zodiac signs on it.

Do you use these, and if so how? Can anyone point me at a resource which says how to use them? (I can probably make stuff up, but I'd like to know what others do with them.)

Thanks

Aerin

ps have searched, didn't find anything on Aeclectic or anything except describing the dice elsewhere

dadsnook2000

Fun & training

Many years ago a group of twenty or so would meet weekly. We would use the dice-set to throw a combination which would have to be interpreted in an extreme way to suit a pre-stated condition.

Example: "Should I get a dog as a pet?" You throw Mars, Gemini, 4. Someone would come up with, "you better buy two because one will bite and you'll have to keep him in the basement." Whoever had the best "story" would throw the next set and make up the next question. It was fun and it also helped the new students identify the meanings, even if outlandish. Dave

Edited to add: You could do that here on AT; make up a question or situation and then throw the dice. Everyone else could suggest a meaning. You pick the best answer and that person makes up the next question.

Aerin

dadsnook2000 said:
Many years ago a group of twenty or so would meet weekly. We would use the dice-set to throw a combination which would have to be interpreted in an extreme way to suit a pre-stated condition.

Example: "Should I get a dog as a pet?" You throw Mars, Gemini, 4. Someone would come up with, "you better buy two because one will bite and you'll have to keep him in the basement." Whoever had the best "story" would throw the next set and make up the next question. It was fun and it also helped the new students identify the meanings, even if outlandish. Dave

Edited to add: You could do that here on AT; make up a question or situation and then throw the dice. Everyone else could suggest a meaning. You pick the best answer and that person makes up the next question.

Now that sounds like a game.

Aerin